Dipshytskel - 1 fumble, 1 INT and four sacks

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Wife, kids and a nasty cocaine habit

Bad combination. If you are serious, you have my best wishes on getting/staying clean. I can only aspire to your GC swag back in the day.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just when I thought there was nothing lower than whale poo, along comes this lame ass thread.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would have loved to see Driskel run Mullen's offense. Too bad we hired Muschamp instead.
They changed the offense and tried to run read option w him. he just couldnt make the reads. when reporters asked him about why he was making the wrong reads during a post game interview, he admitted they had taken away the decision from him. now I'm assuming that's true but whether he was making the wrong read or whether he screwed it up enough that the coaches decided to call read or give before the play, neither is good.

You cant fix stupid.

And Chump was bound and determined to play the stupid Qb.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Donkey left out that he was also 25/38, for 236 yards and a TD.

He actually played decent, especially with the makeshift offensive line he was playing behind, along with A.J. Green leaving early with a foot injury.
Boomer said on CBS that he actually had a decent day but had a heavy load to bear under those conditions. Not comparing him to Aikman but take alook at his first season with Dallas. Not really a fair way to predict his future.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Boomer said on CBS that he actually had a decent day but had a heavy load to bear under those conditions. Not comparing him to Aikman but take alook at his first season with Dallas. Not really a fair way to predict his future.
Wouldn't shock me if he ends up in the Hall of Fame just like Aikman.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They changed the offense and tried to run read option w him. he just couldnt make the reads. when reporters asked him about why he was making the wrong reads during a post game interview, he admitted they had taken away the decision from him. now I'm assuming that's true but whether he was making the wrong read or whether he screwed it up enough that the coaches decided to call read or give before the play, neither is good.

You cant fix stupid.

And Chump was bound and determined to play the stupid Qb.
Good Lord, Muschamp took away the quarterback read as an option in a read option offense?

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Explains a bunch. I guess the coaches guessed which way to go pre-snap.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
Look at Driskel's performance against the Chargers: 18-27 66.7% 170 yards 1TD 0 INT 96.2 QB rating 0 fumbles. Very efficient and he just missed a scoring run thanks to replay.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look at Driskel's performance against the Chargers: 18-27 66.7% 170 yards 1TD 0 INT 96.2 QB rating 0 fumbles. Very efficient and he just missed a scoring run thanks to replay.
I wouldnt call it efficient or good, but he did not turn the ball over 4-6 times, which frankly is a big surprise. Breaking 100 yards w Driskel is probably as good as it gets.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Good Lord, Muschamp took away the quarterback read as an option in a read option offense?

Actually I was on an college football listserve many years ago. There was an old OU fan on it. According to him, more than half the time in the Switzer days there the option action was just that option action with a predetermined player getting the ball. I don't know if that is the true today for option based teams, but that is one piece of evidence from a good team that ran the option look a very high percentage of the time.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I wouldnt call it efficient or good, but he did not turn the ball over 4-6 times, which frankly is a big surprise. Breaking 100 yards w Driskel is probably as good as it gets.
Is it piling on, law, to point out that another CUSA contemporary of Driskel, Nick Mullen, is having a fine start to his NFL career? Led San Francisco to a victory Sunday. Next it will probably be some Houston Baptist QB that goes to the NFL

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.