Disappointing Signing Day

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't have a direct need for DB, DT, or OL. We filled the holes at QB, K, LB...next year will be the year of need for DT, DB
The LBs are projects and undersized except for Rease. Reese and is the only potential middle or weak backer (inside backers in our scheme). I agree that DB doesnt matter. We have several failed receivers who should be flushed to DB. We ALWAYS have a need for 4-5 OL. Half will never see the field due to lack of development or injury. All need a few years in the weightroom. DT is the same. Sometimes, with some players redshirting and remaining 5 years, we perhap wont need 5 OL or whatever, but that is a very, very distant memory for this program.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like we fell to #12 in Rivals rankings. #23 last year and #12 this year mean Mac has sign our 2 lowest ranked classes since 2005.
So he did almost 100% better than last year. Good to know
:suspect2:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Looks like we fell to #12 in Rivals rankings. #23 last year and #12 this year mean Mac has sign our 2 lowest ranked classes since 2005.

holy **** that drops the class to #6 in the SEC cuz Barn just leaped over us. :headslap:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Didn't have a direct need for DB, DT, or OL. We filled the holes at QB, K, LB...next year will be the year of need for DT, DB

Why do people keep saying we don't need DBs? Harris, Tabor, Wilson, Dawson, and Washington are all juniors with Maye being a senior. Tabor may leave early and Wilson could too if he has a good year. He has NFL talent. How the hell does anyone say DB isn't a HUGE need?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm no where near jumping off a cliff, but we should be recruiting 8-10 down linemen every year. We are not addressing the position if we are not.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No is saying the class sucks. The problem is the schools that are higher ranked than us. We aren't gaining on them. Big picture people.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever we are doing isn't working very well.
View attachment 2595
Oh yes. The retort of losers everywhere. "They must be paying their players.". Yeah, Mr Bacon, if UF lands a receiver o er you, a receiver from Jacksonville who grew up a Gator, it must be bc we are paying.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Oh yes. The retort of losers everywhere. "They must be paying their players.". Yeah, Mr Bacon, if UF lands a receiver o er you, a receiver from Jacksonville who grew up a Gator, it must be bc we are paying.

Arkansas is an absolute trash dump. Pigs wouldn't want to play in slop there.

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
Overall I think this is a solid class. We got some good players. But UF shouldn't be recruiting "solid" classes. It's very disappointing in how we closed, IMO.

I do think you have to give Mac a year or two to truly see if he can develop talent. If you look at the recruting rankings, we're ranked ahead of Stanford, Michigan State, and Baylor. All teams that we are are ranked higher on National Sighing Day the last few years, but those same teams would have wiped the floor with us the last few years as well. UF shouldn't have this much trouble recruiting top talent, but hopefully Mac can develop these players.

I'm more concerned with wins and championships than recruiting rankings.

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
The thing that concerns me a little is that out of the top 50 players in Florida. UF signed 4. FSU signed 8 and Miami signed 10. We are not winning the state battle when we brought coaches in specifically to recruit the state.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I like the class overall. We had a good offensive class and a serviceable defensive one. We did lack at some positions (LB, CB, and DT), but they are not immediate needs. We should be fine at those spots next season, so the focus was elsewhere as it should be...we needed playmakers and an excess of them, which we got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like the class overall. We had a good offensive class and a serviceable defensive one. We did lack at some positions (LB, CB, and DT), but they are not immediate needs. We should be fine at those spots next season, so the focus was elsewhere as it should be...we needed playmakers and an excess of them, which we got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
You should really stick with basketball or some other thing, if any, that you understand.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The thing that concerns me a little is that out of the top 50 players in Florida. UF signed 4. FSU signed 8 and Miami signed 10. We are not winning the state battle when we brought coaches in specifically to recruit the state.
Well but Mac is only a second year coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb