Discussion: “The Brand Is Damaged”

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Well:

1. IF Foley had made bad choices trying to be UF, I could agree with you. Had Foley been looking for the next Spurrier you would have a point. That fact that he was seeming trying to make UF in to UAL, makes me say yeah the guy who started out selling tickets did and does not understand the UF program, natural advantages or fan base.

2. I agree he could never get women's basketball right.

3. I don't really disagree with your view of the brand either.

Great we agree mostly, I don't know him personally, I have followed his career and assume he talks to say Bull Gators on a regular basis. He has attended every significant game for every sport.

I believe that some of the assumed better choices were in fact contacted and would not come.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Great we agree mostly, I don't know him personally, I have followed his career and assume he talks to say Bull Gators on a regular basis. He has attended every significant game for every sport.

I believe that some of the assumed better choices were in fact contacted and would not come.

Well:

1. That someone talks to some group does not mean they understand the conversation.

2. He still could have hire someone not trying to mimic UAL's style of football.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, we are dand bramaged.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I’m not convinced Tigert Hall cares.

I think t-gator might have been might have meant the UAA not Tigert when he said administration.

The UF administration, ie Tigert, has lots of other fish to fry. They should NOT care too much. The UAA administration's job is to care about how the athletic teams perform within the NCAA rules. It is the UAA that is weirdly arrogant thinking the success of coaches is due to them, not the coaches themselves.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Our beloved Gators football program as a brand has definitely been damaged, because is was not protected by the people who were given the authority and responsibility to do so. We can argue about the decisions to hire Muschamp and/or Mac in retrospect, however there is no validity to any argument that both of those two idiots should not have been fired sooner. The writing was on the wall early in both cases, and they were allowed to remain in a position to continue doing critical damage to the program. That was unacceptable. The fact is that horrible financial decisions were made by these same administrative individuals, which fattened the wallets of two coaches who are despicable frauds. This program suffered tremendously as their salaries rose and the losses mounted.

It has been 9 years since the Gators actually fielded a complete team that many of us actually expected to win when they laced 'em up (Yes, I'm including the 2012 team. That offense was a train wreck). At this point, I'm just hoping like hell that Mullen can somehow put a team on the field that can actually show some progress from one week to the next.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our beloved Gators football program as a brand has definitely been damaged, because is was not protected by the people who were given the authority and responsibility to do so. We can argue about the decisions to hire Muschamp and/or Mac in retrospect, however there is no validity to any argument that both of those two idiots should not have been fired sooner. The writing was on the wall early in both cases, and they were allowed to remain in a position to continue doing critical damage to the program. That was unacceptable. The fact is that horrible financial decisions were made by these same administrative individuals, which fattened the wallets of two coaches who are despicable frauds. This program suffered tremendously as their salaries rose and the losses mounted.

It has been 9 years since the Gators actually fielded a complete team that many of us actually expected to win when they laced 'em up (Yes, I'm including the 2012 team. That offense was a train wreck). At this point, I'm just hoping like hell that Mullen can somehow put a team on the field that can actually show some progress from one week to the next.

With Franks running Mullens offense it may take divine intervention for that to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.