Diwun Black leads team to state hoops title with 35 points, 10 rebounds

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Sweet dancing Moses.This kid is a freak of nature. I can't wait to see what happens when he gets on campus.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
All of his teams points in the 2nd and 3rd...that’s ridiculous and in 9A? To say that he couldn’t start right away is insane with all this raw talent he possesses...excited to get him in campus and see him in pads

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
10 -10 from the freethrow line. Talk about clutch and refusing to lose, I'll take ten Diwuns and he hasn't played a down yet.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"And in a game that had 17 lead changes, he scored the last eight points of the game after Wellington took a 43-42 lead with 3:21 to play on a pair of free throws by Wellington’s Linton Brown."

Gamer. Clutch.

I'll take more like him, please!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Trouble is BBall season starts early November and Gators won't be finished with football until early January.
Still, BBall would benefit. Gator fans would too.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Big and strong, runs well, can throw the ball and put it where it needs to be-- maybe CDM has found his QB.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The 6-foot-4, 220-pound senior, projected as a college football safety or outside linebacker, has all X’s and O’s in his future. But he became the X-factor for Osceola basketball after joining the team in mid-season. Black was not permitted to play football in the fall after moving to Kissimmee from Mississippi but gained eligibility in January.

Black scored all 14 of Osceola’s third-quarter points and added 10 more in the final 3:30 of the game to carry the Kowboys across the goal line. As the buzzer sounded he was at the bottom of a pileup of 13 teammates.

He’ll never be tackled by that many guys on a football field.

“He took over the game and there wasn’t much anybody could do about it,” Osceola coach Nate Alexander said. “Not [Wellington], not me, not anybody on this team.

“He just kind of put us on his shoulders. Everybody else chimed in. I’m super proud of the whole team.”

Osceola wrapped up a 26-6 season with 15 consecutive victories.

Black made 12 of his 19 field goal attempts and was 10-of-10 from the foul line. He added 10 rebounds and three steals for a vintage performance at the RP Funding Center.
Diwun Black carries Kowboys to championship | State Basketball

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man, this kid is one of my favorite recruits in a long time and he hasn’t even played a down yet. Can’t wait to see what kind of player he develops into over the next few seasons.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
He sounds like one of those athletes Dickey recruited like Wes Chandler or a Lecount that could play football basketball or star in Track and Field.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No substitute for ability coupled with a Burning Desire to WIN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.