Recruiting Do we play the recruiting game at the $ame level as Bama and UGA?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia's facilities are nothing to write home about. They're even farther behind than us.
Not even close even a few years ago. And they have poured money into their facilities the last 2 years.

If you mean their Stadium sucks, yes it does.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who exactly did Sieder bring?

Nobody. He was let go before he had a full year. He wasn’t on staff when the 2018 class signed.

He was responsible for a few 2019 kids that left once Mac was canned. He was also responsible for locking down south Florida elite talent. He did it in just a few months. Not Randy Shannon talent. Real talent.

If you want names of kids ask Marianna.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody. He was let go before he had a full year. He wasn’t on staff when the 2018 class signed.

He was responsible for a few 2019 kids that left once Mac was canned. He was also responsible for locking down south Florida elite talent. He did it in just a few months. Not Randy Shannon talent. Real talent.

If you want names of kids ask Marianna.
Seider was the reason Butters finally could start getting verbals for 2018 and 2019. He brought in the early signing class, except EJ and that other Cowbell.

He also drastically improved the running backs especially the blocking and including the freshman.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seider brought in the early signing class, and he was the reason Butters finally could start getting verbals for 2018 and 2019.

He also drastically improved the running backs especially the blocking and including the freshman.

Skipper was a pretty good recruiter. But man he sucked at coaching running backs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You think they will be coming around checking out our block walls and styrofoam drop ceilings looking for ideas?

So, as athletics director Greg McGarity points out, that’s well over $120 million spent on mainly-football facilities this decade. McGarity said that should be a “show of strength.”

Tell me again how much we've spent ON FOOTBALL, not softball, baseball and everything else. Tell me how much we have spent on the sport that brings home 94% of the bacon.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There are so many different categories of "cheating" you need to clarify before we can really discuss.
- I doubt UF pays players or their families gobs of money to sign but it is clear that several schools do
- I do not believe that UF executes a "payroll" approach similar to what Auburn has done for decades.
- I do believe that UF handles some "issues" that arise on the down low just like nearly all schools do
- I do believe that UF has joined the crowd and ensures that players never flunk out of school like they used to

With that said, I don't view cheating or the lack thereof as the reason we have struggled recently since most of these kids get gobs of funds from "legitimate" government programs such as Pell Grants.
I am sure it is easy to blame cheating but we all know that bad coaching, crappy facilities, and other issues are the real drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb