Do you think Mullen would win at UF?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Besides the raises & extensions to McElwain.....who has he hired? The woman's basketball coach? Did he give the extension to O'Sullivan?

I'm not going to sit here and play along w/ the thinking that Foley is still pulling the strings (I think that's BS), but the raise & extensions last off-season were a HUGE head scratcher. WTF did Nussmeir or Nord do to warrant a raise and/or an extension? They should have been fired....but if we were going to keep them, it should have been w/ no raise and a 1-year deal. Instead we're on the hook for over $1 million if they're fired (plus over $1 million for their 2017 salaries.....and look at what we're getting for that!!).

Stricklin needs to man up and do the right thing....or he's going to feel a lot of heat next year around this time (when the 4th year is heading for disaster). If UT hires a competent coach we'll fall farther behind in the SEC East (can they really hire a 4th dud coach in a row??).

Stricklin has been here less than a year, I agree on the extensions were a bad look. But he couldn't break him off as an division winner and 2 months on the job. Now he is about to be one year on the job, one year in the system is when he needs to start making his mark.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen is only successful if he has a 245 lb freak of nature playing QB. He is average at best without one.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Some of you are taking this way too seriously. Just lay back and enjoy it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
True, but the question you must answer is why he always gets 245# freaks: Tebow, Newton, Prescott, Fitzgerald, ...

There's some truth to this. I always marveled at the fact that people felt Tebow could never be replaced, when in reality Meyer already had a near perfect clone on campus before Tim even started his first game. And while JD was going to be a massive step down from those two regardless, in that system he would've had a lot more success than he did with us. There are multiple examples of QBs recently--college and NFL--that would do well in his system. Definitely not my first choice, but not as down on him as some here.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's some truth to this. I always marveled at the fact that people felt Tebow could never be replaced, when in reality Meyer already had a near perfect clone on campus before Tim even started his first game. And while JD was going to be a massive step down from those two regardless, in that system he would've had a lot more success than he did with us. There are multiple examples of QBs recently--college and NFL--that would do well in his system. Definitely not my first choice, but not as down on him as some here.
and who knows how JD would have turned out under Meyer instead of chump and Pease

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yes that too...how could i forget about cheeseburger charlie

Don't sweat it. Most people, outside of the Coleman family, have as well. For them, however, the pain is still too fresh.

450.jpg

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yeah, not my first choice either and maybe he doesn't win NCs, but you got to figure he wins more here than recruiting what Bama, LSU, and Ole Miss leave behind.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When I saw this hobbling across the field at Williams-Brice in 2011, I knew the Duncechump experiment was doomed.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
or Chump and Weis
Say what you want about Weis, but he will no doubt be the most productive OC of the decade (unless we fire Butterteeth immediately and hire a competent offensive guy because the rebuild will take til 2020 otherwise).

Double Cheeseburger Charley was also immediately able to diagnose Driskel as too fvkktarded to function at QB. Driskel, even at La Tech, was never able to run the option because he couldn't handle the read aspect. (Neither could "I always keep" Trey Burton.)

It's too bad he wasn't immediately moved to TE or slot and told to hit the weight room. Too much natural talent to waste.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Say what you want about Weis, but he will no doubt be the most productive OC of the decade (unless we fire Butterteeth immediately and hire a competent offensive guy because the rebuild will take til 2020 otherwise).

Double Cheeseburger Charley was also immediately able to diagnose Driskel as too fvkktarded to function at QB. Driskel, even at La Tech, was never able to run the option because he couldn't handle the read aspect. (Neither could "I always keep" Trey Burton.)

It's too bad he wasn't immediately moved to TE or slot and told to hit the weight room. Too much natural talent to waste.

Weis on his own is a good OC especially at the NFL level, and knew that Driskel didn't fit what he was doing. He also ran an offense that made Brantely functional to average. It's not a knock on Weis as much as the Chimp to Weis connection, which behind the scenes was very rocky.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
True, but the question you must answer is why he always gets 245# freaks: Tebow, Newton, Prescott, Fitzgerald, ...

You give him too much credit. First off, Tebow coming to UF had nothing to do with Mullen. I'm pretty sure Tebow said in his book that they didn't have a close relationship like he did with Meyer. Newton, barely played for him, and Mullen couldn't get him to Miss St. I don't think Newton should count. Prescott is legit, and Fitzgerald isn't 245 so that's why they've been blown out twice so far. Miss St will probably finish 8-4 this year, which is OK but nothing special.

Like others have said, Mullen would have some decent seasons with the right QB, but no championships.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You give him too much credit. First off, Tebow coming to UF had nothing to do with Mullen. I'm pretty sure Tebow said in his book that they didn't have a close relationship like he did with Meyer. Newton, barely played for him, and Mullen couldn't get him to Miss St. I don't think Newton should count. Prescott is legit, and Fitzgerald isn't 245 so that's why they've been blown out twice so far. Miss St will probably finish 8-4 this year, which is OK but nothing special.

Like others have said, Mullen would have some decent seasons with the right QB, but no championships.
Couda', woulda, shouda,..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.