Do you think Mullen would win at UF?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You give him too much credit. First off, Tebow coming to UF had nothing to do with Mullen. I'm pretty sure Tebow said in his book that they didn't have a close relationship like he did with Meyer. Newton, barely played for him, and Mullen couldn't get him to Miss St. I don't think Newton should count. Prescott is legit, and Fitzgerald isn't 245 so that's why they've been blown out twice so far. Miss St will probably finish 8-4 this year, which is OK but nothing special.

Like others have said, Mullen would have some decent seasons with the right QB, but no championships.
I don't want Mullen, but I do want to laugh at you guys who are all hoity toity in not wanting Mullen. They just routed TAMU.
They routed LSU and TAMU each of whom beat us and they routed UK who almost beat us.
I just don't care for Mullen, but it is not sound thinking to believe that he would only be 8-4 at UF. Mullen could take this diaster of a team and win nine games next year.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want Mullen, but I do want to laugh at you guys who are all hoity toity in not wanting Mullen. They just routed TAMU.
They routed LSU and TAMU ech of whom beat us and they routed UK who almost beat us.
I just don't care for Mullen, but it is not sound thinking to believe that he would only be 8-4 at UF. Mullen could take this diaster of a team and win nine games next year.

You conveniently forgot the blowout losses to Georgia and Auburn this year, but yes he may win 9 games next year if at UF. Maybe even 10 in some seasons. But he's not going to win any championships.

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
Of the coaches I believe are obtainable Mullen is in my list of coaches I’d like to see hired. I like Frost but has he done enough and will he one day want to go back to Nebraska like Meyer wanted to go back to the Midwest? I know UF is a better program, better location, better conference and all that, but could he pass on an opportunity where he started as QB and would be a god winning 9 or 10 games a year as HC? If Kelly is available he would be #1, I just don’t think that’s the case.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Can we shut this mullen thread down? This is the last i wanna hear of it.

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
Can we shut this mullen thread down? This is the last i wanna hear of it.
You clicked to open it so that’s on you. I’d rather see a conversation with pros and cons and opinions, which I believe is the point of a message board. If it’s nothing but everyone spouting the same opinions then what is the point?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No on Mullen, he can stay at cowbell.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You conveniently forgot the blowout losses to Georgia and Auburn this year, but yes he may win 9 games next year if at UF. Maybe even 10 in some seasons. But he's not going to win any championships.

Yep Mullen would need a Tebow or Newton to win a championship with his system. It could happen but not that likely.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Didn't forget that we have lost four times already.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

For someone who said, "I don't want Mullen" and "I don't care for Mullen," you sure do seem like you're hoping he's the next coach as much as you defend him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want Mullen, but I do want to laugh at you guys who are all hoity toity in not wanting Mullen.
I often think about putting AR on ignore but I admit I'm strangely addicted to his telling us how much we should suck and how were are no better than Mssippi.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
hqdefault.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it's true that Franks can't throw as well as Reed, but he is about as big and runs better, so I am not sure he would even have to change QBs.
You think Franks is a power runner who can batter the DL on 3rd and long? BC that is a critical component of the Cousin Eddie offense.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You think Franks is a power runner who can batter the DL on 3rd and long? BC that is a critical component of the Cousin Eddie offense.
Third and short??? No, I think he would have to find a QB as he always does. There are plenty out there, they just come disguised as TEs. Incidentally, your sarcasm meter is usually calibrated better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.