Dock and Seawall demo/rebuild

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So here's a few pictures of todays work which consisted of a 2 hour Home Depot stop then peeling some of the veneer off the lowest section of the wall. At first I was all like

Some of the problem spots....

Then I found this PVC pipe sticking out where the dock used to be....Who in hell would just leave a 140 ft long piece of PVC in the lake?

And after a bout 2 hours of this BS and having a 5-6 foot long snake come out of a void in the wall I was more in tune with this....

Great job.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do you need a seawall or bulkhead? Looks like a nice sand bottom lake. Could you tear all the crap out and just make it a natural sloped lake front?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Do you need a seawall or bulkhead? Looks like a nice sand bottom lake. Could you tear all the crap out and just make it a natural sloped lake front?
The EPA would have to come out and do a study :jerkit:....Then the total removal would be a nightmare because 175 ft x 4 ft would equal about 8 gazillion pounds of rubble and brick....then you have to bring in fill and drainage to grade.....That would probably be about half the price of a new wall anyway after fixing my irrigation and lawn from the heavy equipment. Ask URG about the sh!tty infrastructure in my area....There's no curbs on the streets or stromwater drains so everything comes down the property really hard. Our driveway and sidewalk to the cottage looks like a 3 or 4 inch deep stream when it rains. The house is pretty far off the lake but my fear is the erosion would cause cracks in our pool and foundation of the cottage because they are closer....
This city sucks balls and a bunch of tree hugging freaks run it as I found out after being removed from a town hall meeting this last Tuesday.....:banghead:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do it shawshank style. Put a single brink in your trashcan every trash pickup. It might take awhile. :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Please tell me you have a better wheel barrel than this?
Why would I ever have a wheelbarrow? I have landscapers that have wheelbarrows.....And they will be here tomorrow at 9am to move the rest of the bricks :lol:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why would I ever have a wheelbarrow? I have landscapers that have wheelbarrows.....And they will be here tomorrow at 9am to move the rest of the bricks :lol:
I guess cause it seemed like you were doing work and posting pics of you work. That lovely blue cart/wagon was captured making me believe you were using it.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What's funny is my bestfriend and I both don't have a wheelbarrow and we both live on property where one would be really really convenient. We have always tried to get the other person to buy one for almost 15 years now. When I just had to spread out 7 tons of pebbles a few months ago.... I used a 5 gallon bucket on a hand cart/dolly. When he came over near the end to help he said, "damnit.... I just KNEW you needed a wheelbarrow for this project". :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What's funny is my bestfriend and I both don't have a wheelbarrow and we both live on property where one would be really really convenient. We have always tried to get the other person to buy one for almost 15 years now. When I just had to spread out 7 tons of pebbles a few months ago.... I used a 5 gallon bucket on a hand cart/dolly. When he came over near the end to help he said, "damnit.... I just KNEW you needed a wheelbarrow for this project". :lol:
You would probably have more use for one than I would with the size and layout of your property. I'm hard headed and try not to buy things unless they are going to be used frequently. We currently have a 3 car garage and a 1400 square foot cottage that are literally packed full of everyone's sh!t. Everytime I start to throw stuff away and reorganize the place my mother in law fly's into a rage and tells me to stop trying to get rid of her.:law:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Have you considered hiring a couple of these guys?

cda643d1e6a050b38255facd7da87aa5.jpg

Alex.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So my dock guy finally got back to me today. He said we can put a treated wooden bulkhead in front of the existing cluster f vck and backfill over it.....I'm awaiting his proposal(price) as I sit next to the pool swilling suds and watching the sun set....more to come.
upload_2017-4-5_17-20-58.png

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Beautiful lake - looks spring fed. How is the water level? Are you on the sand ridge in Central Florida? I'm from Lakeland & most of my life the lakes had been dropping due to phosphate mining & development. Recently a number have come back thanks to closing of some drainage cut by the Army Corps of Engineers years ago.

Anyway - I hope it goes well. Looking forward to finished pics.
I was born in Lakeland and lived in Bartow my first few years. My grandparents had a small citrus grove in Medulla most of my life. All my cousins went to Lakeland HS

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.