Doering on UF WR's

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As a high school possession WR I know a good WR when I see one. So does NFL WR Doering who loves Van Jefferson. Van's father Shawn was an NFL WR for 13 years and coached WRs in the NFL. Yet Douglas thinks all he has is hope. Douglas's proof of this is Treon's QB statistics.

Mullen does throw the ball.

As a High School Possession receiver? Laughs...... You keep on changing the subject. There has been a lot of kids of NFL players that were ho hum players in college, doesn't mean anything unless he has done it on the field. Which according to you, if you have one good game against Alabama and score one touchdown against LSU (two years ago for both) that means you have shown you can compete week to week in the SEC. I know you keep on talking about treon's statistics (even though you claim about LSU DBs, so the stat is valid). But you failed to mention Goolsby who did the same thing in the same year, or the other 20 games of Van Jefferson's career.

I guess with your extensive High School career you can tell us all there is to know about being a wide receiver at the NCAA or Pro level right? So what were your stats your redshirt Senior year in High School?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why don't you start using baseball stats to prove Van Jefferson has no hope to produce in football at UF.
No one said anything remotely close to this.

Everyone is elated he is here.

We are just laughing at your spin on his stats so far.

Let it go.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
As a High School Possession receiver? Laughs...... You keep on changing the subject. There has been a lot of kids of NFL players that were ho hum players in college, doesn't mean anything unless he has done it on the field. Which according to you, if you have one good game against Alabama and score one touchdown against LSU (two years ago for both) that means you have shown you can compete week to week in the SEC. I know you keep on talking about treon's statistics (even though you claim about LSU DBs, so the stat is valid). But you failed to mention Goolsby who did the same thing in the same year, or the other 20 games of Van Jefferson's career.

I guess with your extensive High School career you can tell us all there is to know about being a wide receiver at the NCAA or Pro level right? So what were you r zr stats your redshirt Senior year in High School?
My WR high school experience carries little weight (you have poor mouthing experience). Doering's NFL WR experience and Van's father's NFL WR experience does carry weight.

Van Jefferson has already produced versus top SEC teams so your claim Van can't produce in the SEC because his dad both played and coached in the NFL has already been disproven

You do have experience cherry picking negative statistics but cherry picking carries about the same weight as butt picking.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My WR high school experience carries little weight (you have poor mouthing experience). Doerings NFL experience and Van's NFL father's experience does carry weight.

Your experience carries as much weight as URG's experience in the big and tall store... Doering did a offseason fluff piece like all offseason fluff pieces and Van Jefferson is a father. Best indication of future performance is previous performance. Which is 1039 total yards and 4 total touchdowns over two seasons.

With the same number of games 80 yards of over receiving as 20 yards and under (3).

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Your experience carries as much weight as URG's experience in the big and tall store... Doering did a offseason fluff piece like all offseason fluff pieces and Van Jefferson is a father. Best indication of future performance is previous performance. Which is 1039 total yards and 4 total touchdowns over two seasons.

With the same number of games 80 yards of over receiving as 20 yards and under (3).
Never claimed my actually playing the position was material like the 2 NFL WR'S experience but it carries more weight than you cherry picking for stats to complain about.

Doering knows the WR position well. You know poor mouthing. Van has already shown he can produce in the SEC. You said it is only a matter of hope that Van continue doing at UF what he has already done versus the tougher SEC West.

That is just poor mouthing.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Never claimed my actually playing the position was material like the 2 NFL WR'S experience but it carries more weight than you cherry picking for stats to complain about.

I gave a guy's whole career stats in NCAA football, how exactly is that cherry picking? Do you know another year that he produced? Your spin is all-star level byrdman.

Doering knows the WR position well.

Poor mouthing is all you really have, I guess. Because the facts don't back it up. Doering does know the position, but doesn't change the fact he was doing a fluff piece. How many times was this was the year X group of players were going to explode. It's a fluff piece, happens every year.

You know poor mouthing. Van has already shown he can produce in the SEC.

You said it is only a matter of hope that Van continue doing at UF what he has already done versus the tougher SEC West.

Ok, so I'm not accused of cherry picking:

upload_2018-7-13_15-13-24.png

so averages against SEC West opponents that the Byrdman says is a big producers against (2 games each)

Alabama 54 ypg 0 td/g (91 yards high)
Arkansas 35.5 ypg 0 td/g (55 yards high)
Auburn 65 ypg 0 td/g (89 yard high)
LSU 33 ypg .5 td/g (43 yard high)
MSU 47 ypg 0 td/g (47 yard high, didn't play in 2017)
T A&M 51 ypg 1 td/g (51 yard high, didn't play in 2017)

fantastic stats for us all to see. Averages over 50 ypg game against two opponest thanks to two of his 3 biggest games 91 yards in 2016 Alabama and 89 yards against Auburn in 2017. So exactly what has he proven again? That he can have two big games and a lot of average games. I know, I know... it's the SEC West.... but he didn't really show up against Wofford, Tennessee-Martin, Southern Alabama, Georgia Southern, where he has more athletic talent than anyone on that roster.

Still faces the issue only 4 out of 22 over 60 yards, 8 out of 22 over 50, which means 14 out of 22 under 50.

That is just poor mouthing.

You can say it over and over, and much like you inaccurate facts doesn't make it true.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ya know, I’ve never heard the term ‘poor mouthing’ before birdman joined up, and quite frankly I’m getting freaking sick of it.
:gah:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I gave a guy's whole career stats in NCAA football, how exactly is that cherry picking? Do you know another year that he produced? Your spin is all-star level byrdman.

Poor mouthing is all you really have, I guess. Because the facts don't back it up. Doering does know the position, but doesn't change the fact he was doing a fluff piece. How many times was this was the year X group of players were going to explode. It's a fluff piece, happens every year. You putting up his production confirms he is a productive.

Ok, so I'm not accused of cherry picking:

so averages against SEC West opponents that the Byrdman says is a big producers against (2 games each)

Alabama 54 ypg 0 td/g (91 yards high)
Arkansas 35.5 ypg 0 td/g (55 yards high)
Auburn 65 ypg 0 td/g (89 yard high)
LSU 33 ypg .5 td/g (43 yard high)
MSU 47 ypg 0 td/g (47 yard high, didn't play in 2017)
T A&M 51 ypg 1 td/g (51 yard high, didn't play in 2017)

fantastic stats for us all to see. Averages over 50 ypg game against two opponest thanks to two of his 3 biggest games 91 yards in 2016 Alabama and 89 yards against Auburn in 2017. So exactly what has he proven again? That he can have two big games and a lot of average games. I know, I know... it's the SEC West.... but he didn't really show up against Wofford, Tennessee-Martin, Southern Alabama, Georgia Southern, where he has more athletic talent than anyone on that roster.

Still faces the issue only 4 out of 22 over 60 yards, 8 out of 22 over 50, which means 14 out of 22 under 50.

You can say it over and over, and much like you inaccurate facts doesn't make it true.
So negatively blind. You say Van has only hope of producing at UF when he has produced not just 1 but 2 years already in the SEC. Sad outlook on your part really.

Van produced better than the majority of UF's WRS over the last 2 seasons. A poor mouther takes that as meaning he only has hope to produce at UF.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So negatively blind. You say Van has only hope of producing at UF when he has produced not just 1 but 2 years already in the SEC. Sad outlook on your part really.

Van produced better than the majority of UF's WRS over the last 2 seasons. A poor mouther takes that as meaning he only has hope to produce at UF.

You are aware we haven't had 2 receivers have good stats in the same year since 2009?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

So you argument is I'm a bad mouther instead of facts... You can't dispute what I say so you just throw up general statements.

With more attempts, a receiver should have more yardage. Which Van Jefferson in an offense with more passing and more consistency at quarterback, but yet still produced mediocre stats that byrdman is claiming to be our savor.
In 2017 Ole Piss attempted 434 passes (2nd most in SEC), UF 312 (12th highest in the SEC).
In 2016 Ole Piss attempted 483 passes (Most in the SEC), UF 410 (6th in the SEC).

So what is your point, that he has amass mediocre stats is a pass heavy offense, he is going to explode in a run heavy offense? For a person that is all about accurate facts, you really have an issue with accurate facts. Let me take a stab at your next argument, his dad was an NFL receiver and coach and he says... or Doering who did an annual fluff piece said this and he was an NCAA and NFL receiver and he says....

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
So you argument is I'm a bad mouther instead of facts... You can't dispute what I say so you just throw up general statements.

With more attempts, a receiver should have more yardage. Which Van Jefferson in an offense with more passing and more consistency at quarterback, but yet still produced mediocre stats that byrdman is claiming to be our savor.
In 2017 Ole Piss attempted 434 passes (2nd most in SEC), UF 312 (12th highest in the SEC).
In 2016 Ole Piss attempted 483 passes (Most in the SEC), UF 410 (6th in the SEC).

So what is your point, that he has amass mediocre stats is a pass heavy offense, he is going to explode in a run heavy offense? For a person that is all about accurate facts, you really have an issue with accurate facts. Let me take a stab at your next argument, his dad was an NFL receiver and coach and he says... or Doering who did an annual fluff piece said this and he was an NCAA and NFL receiver and he says....
More moot points. Van has produced already versus top defenses.

See you are doing your daily poor mouth "piece" again. Doering forgot more about WRS than you know and he says Van has a very good chance to produce. You say all Van has is hope. I'll go with the man with 9 years NFL WR experience who was trained by Steve Spurrier.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You are aware we haven't had 2 receivers have good stats in the same year since 2009?
Totally agree. We finally have multiple weapons at WR for opponents to worry about. That is good. We have not had multiple legit WR playmakers on the field at the same time for years.

Upperclassmen 4 star WRs Cleveland, Van Jefferson and 5 star Grimes (if cleared) plus quick in traffic Toney will give opposing defenses multiple WRs to worry about. Of course Douglas thinks a 5 star WR like Grimes only has hope to produce.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More moot points. Van has produced already versus top defenses."

Van Jefferson has produced once against a top defense, same defense that Goolsby produced the same exact yardage and touchdowns.

See you are doing your daily poor mouth "piece" again.

Called it.... damn your predictable.

Doering forgot more about WRS than you know and he says Van has a very good chance to produce.

A good chance to produce... sounds like hope to me.

You say all Van has is hope.

And I stand by it, and it's pretty much what Chris said.

I'll go with the man with 9 years NFL WR experience who was trained by Steve Spurrier.

You'll go by a member of the media, who has been such for over a decade as well. Steve Spurrier was the quarterbacks coach. Are you also going to remind us he was coached by John Clifford as well?

You notice how none of your answers refute the facts of the matter that you have been overselling, Van Jefferson's career to this point.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Van Jefferson has produced once against a top defense, same defense that Goolsby produced the same exact yardage and touchdowns

You'll go by a member of the media, who has been such for over a decade as well. Steve Spurrier was the quarterbacks coach.
Any objective person would go with a 9 year NFL WR's opinion over yours.

Spurrier was one of the best OCs (which includes WR) in SEC history and he showed WRs how to run routes which helped UF WRS in the NFL.

According to you all any player has is hope. Well if they have done it before they can do it again. They tend to improve as upperclassmen.

Van caught a TD versus a very good LSU defense in addition to 90 yards versus a top Bama defense. He is an upperclassmen with two years SEC game experience. There is a reason why upperclassmen get on the field more. They have experience whereas you say all they have is hope. Plus Van has years of NFL training from his NFL WR coach dad. That is more than just hope.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Any objective person would go with a 9 year NFL WR's opinion over yours.

Too bad your not objective. Because any objective person would also understand Chris' job with the media is different than if he was just an objective observer, when he is doing a fluff piece. Remember the one he did last year?

Spurrier was one of the best OCs (which includes WR) in SEC history and he showed WRs how to run routes which helped UF WRS in the NFL.

Aren't you the same guy that complained about QB stats being brought into the debate... this argument is the same thing. Pot meet Kettle. I'm going to guess by your definition of what Spurrier was showing you weren't at many camps or practices in the early/mid 90's. I was at many, worked many and what you describe didn't happen.

According to you all any player has is hope. Well if they have done it before they can do it again. They tend to improve as upperclassmen.

Any player who hasn't already produced in the offense he/she is in. And when in a more pass friendly offense put up mediocre numbers. Yeah it's hope. We are hoping he has taken the next step.

Van caught a TD versus a very good LSU defense in addition to 90 yards versus a top Bama defense. He is an upperclassmen with two years SEC game experience. There is a reason why upperclassmen get on the field more. They have experience whereas you say all they have is hope.

going back to the two stats you hang you hat on, so does that mean everyone who scored a touchdown against LSU Defensive Back field is great. Or any player who gets 90+ yards against Alabama is a great player? What about the 20 other games in his career?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Can you imagine being at a real sports bar with that tool? How long would that last? Zero sense of humor. Just 100 percent azzhole.

I have no doubt Id be buying too many rounds for most of the people here and riding home in a taxi. That dude? Yeah, no.

And I’d let you buy me too many rounds, and I’d help pour you into a taxi.

:fistbump:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator