Doering on UF WR's

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Van Jefferson has shown some ability, and Grimes right now is an N/A (not cleared). Otherwise same group. We have TE you hope are better, no in game action... you don't know. What evidence do you have that they are better... game film?

Trask didn't play last year, didn't play the year before that, didn't start in high school at all. What are you basing your quess work on, on Trask. Emory Jones might be good, might not. He has played so well against NCAA defenses?

We hope the receivers are better, but so far what Doering said is nothing more than a Summer fluff piece. And Chris is all Gator loves the gators, but he is always wearing his Orange and Blue glasses.
Doering has forgotten more about WR than we know. I played WR in high school and I dont pretend I know more about it than a 9 year pro. He has credibility whereas you are just poor mouthing.

Van Jefferson is not hope. He is better than last year period. Grimes is a new 5 star WR which we did not have. If he is approved watch out.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Doering has forgotten more about WR than we know. He has credibility whereas you are just poor mouthing. Van Jefferson is not hope. He is better period. Grimes is a 5 star WR which we did not have. If he is approved watch out.

Again, name calling... surprise response from you. I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Grimes is an N/A unless cleared. So he isn't apart of any evaluation until done so. Jefferson is hope, because we don't know if he will gel with what else is on the field. Again, as I said and you responsed too. Talent hasn't been the issue, discipline has. We still don't know what we have.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Again, name calling... surprise response from you. I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Grimes is an N/A unless cleared. So he isn't apart of any evaluation until done so. Jefferson is hope, because we don't know if he will gel with what else is on the field. Again, as I said and you responsed too. Talent hasn't been the issue, discipline has. We still don't know what we have.
I did not name call as you are poor mouthing our new WR weapons. You are simply assuming a proven SEC WR will fail. One who already has done well in practice and very well complimented. But feel free to assume the worst again.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I did not name call as you are poor mouthing our new WR weapons.

So you have production on the field for these great TE's we have, Statistics for Trask who is our new weapon? how was Trask's high school career? Van Jefferson has ability, no one said other wise. How he looks in this offense in live game action is anyone's guess.

At this point it's hope... which is all I said. You are stating it as fact.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
So you have production on the field for these great TE's we have, Statistics for Trask who is our new weapon? how was Trask's high school career? Van Jefferson has ability, no one said other wise. How he looks in this offense in live game action is anyone's guess.

At this point it's hope... which is all I said. You are stating it as fact.
Van Jefferson is not only hope as you said. He has already proven himself. His NFL dad helped him.

You need to work on your reading skills. I said they are new weapons we did not have. We are in a better position with much more depth on offense whether you understand it or not.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Van Jefferson is not hope. He has already proven himself. His NFL dad helped him.

So tell me, how many yards and tds is Van Jefferson going to put up in this offense?

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
So tell me, how many yards and tds is Van Jefferson going to put up in this offense?
More than he produced for UF last year when he was not at UF. When we really only had Cleveland as a deep threat who was playing injured.

UF has new 4 stars in Van Jefferson and Copeland plus a possible new 5 star WR who Meyer trained in a similar system.

That is not the same WRs as you claim.

Plus we get the suspended WR Wells who was a 4 star. Not the same.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
More than he produced for UF last year when he was not at UF. When we really only had Cleveland as a deep threat who was playing injured.

So we are back to hope... If Van Jefferson catches one ball for one yard. that would be accurate.. Doesn't mean schit. We all hope he comes in an is great, and our offense is in the top 10. But hoping for it, and seeing the evidence it's going to happen are two different things. You make very optimistic statements on hope. We expect better coaching from the Wide Receivers coach, but that doesn't mean it will fully translate in 2018. Just like I believe Mullen will reduce the number of decisions any of the quarterbacks who see the field will have to make to reduce mistakes.

Until we see this team against live bodies from another team with similar talent, it's all hope.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
So we are back to hope... If Van Jefferson catches one ball for one yard. that would be accurate.. Doesn't mean schit. We all hope he comes in an is great, and our offense is in the top 10. But hoping for it, and seeing the evidence it's going to happen are two different things. You make very optimistic statements on hope. We expect better coaching from the Wide Receivers coach, but that doesn't mean it will fully translate in 2018. Just like I believe Mullen will reduce the number of decisions any of the quarterbacks who see the field will have to make to reduce mistakes.

Until we see this team against live bodies from another team with similar talent, it's all hope.
People like you assumed the worst about high rated Grier also. Then he upset #3 Ole Miss. Van Jefferson has already had success in the SEC unlike Grier back then so you are just poor mouthing.

You claiming an uperclassman Van Jefferson who has already done it in a harder division just shows you are just poor mouthing.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
People like you assumed the worst about high rated Grier also. Then he upset #3 Ole Miss. Van Jefferson has already had success in the SEC so you are just poor mouthing.

byrdman when ever your argument go sideways you change the subject. You gotta be you I guess.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
byrdman when ever your argument go sideways you change the subject. You gotta be you I guess.
You are the one changing the subject. You are assuming the worst about a proven player Van Jefferson. Grier had not yet succeeded whereas Van Jefferson already has.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are the one changing the subject. You are assuming the worst about a proven player Van Jefferson. Grier had not yet succeeded whereas Van Jefferson already has.

Where did I say the worst? Please show me...

Grier being a true freshman has no barring on this conversation... other than you trying to change the parameters of said conversation.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I hope that the receivers coach has taught them to run routes, but right now all we have is hope it is better.
In this thread you just poor mouthed you did not assume the worst as you have in other threads.You said it is basically just last year's WRs. That is not true. We are bringing in many talented new WRS with one already proven in the tough SEC West. That is not just hope it is a fact.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In this thread you just poor mouthed you did not assume the worst as you have in other threads.You said it is basically just last year's WRs. That is not true. We are bringing in many talented new WRS with one already proven. That is not just hope it is a fact.

How is this the answer to:

Where did I say the worst? Please show me...

Grier being a true freshman has no barring on this conversation... other than you trying to change the parameters of said conversation.

It's not, and you are changing the subject yet again.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
How is this the answer to:

It's not, and you are changing the subject yet again.
I was just showing that people like you who said Parade national player of the year Grier was just hope were completely wrong. Van Jefferson is a step up from Grier and has already shown he is a play maker in the West. Not only hope.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
People like you assumed the worst about high rated Grier also.
Yes there was that one game. That one time in three years, when your lover Butterteeth actually scored a couple of points. The proof that you (and AR) needed that he should have been here 8 years.

Van Jefferson is a nice addition but the truth is he has been good for 500 yards a season so far. Let's not get ahead of our selves proclaiming him the next Michael Jordan.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This little experiment has run its course. The results are in and it’s a no brainier...the Professor belongs at SwampAss.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Byrd is the professor's 13 yoa adopted son/boy toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.