Does anyone pay attention to the NFL anymore?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's just a boring brand of football. Haven't watched it regularly in a very long time.
How is it boring? It's still football only a little more refined. But it's pro ball and these guys get paid bazillions to act like goons. Not to fear. The college game is doing all it can to catch up.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I watch every game I can...it’s fantastic and far from the boring games they used to be. The officiating is god awful and the only thing holding it back

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How is it boring? It's still football only a little more refined. But it's pro ball and these guys get paid bazillions to act like goons. Not to fear. The college game is doing all it can to catch up.
It’s boring because it doesn’t entertain me.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
My sons pulled me into their fantasy league last year. That tugged me back into closer attention. My wife likes the Bucs but I can’t cheer for them until jaMEis is gone.

BTW - After barely making the playoffs, I won the league. I showed those young whipper-snappers.

Last edited:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I started watching the NFL in the 50's when Otto Graham, YA Tittle, and Unitas were playing. I was watching when a player on a team stayed with that team. I've seen it all ,over and over again. Enormous fat lineman have for the most part eliminated talented ankle breaking running backs. That part of the game is gone. Watching an NFL game is like watching a rerun of Blazing Saddles for the 10th time. I've seen it before and if I turn it on I'll see it again. I've not even bothered to watch the Super Bowl the last few years. Might as well rack up a better game from a few years ago. Do I watch for the commercials. No. They're trying to hard.

I am a Local Bandwagon Jag fan. In the season before last I watched every game. I even attended two games. When they went South last year I went North.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
Not For Long time...since Marino retired, ‘Fins became irrelevant and Patsies became anti-irrelevant ... only watch SB now...fvvkin’ pity it is really...only game I watch and rinse and repeat regurgitating brewskis when Patsies lift the trophy again and again and again ad nauseaum

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
If the first two QBs are injured and the Bengals are forced to play Drisktard, sometimes I watch just to laugh at them.

Besides, seeing the Browns win is somewhat akin to seeing Haley's comet. You don't want to miss that kind of history.

I'd hate to miss a rare cosmic event like Haley's...the Brown's I can live without.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I watch NFL every weekend, and I watch College football every weekend. Now I'll watch more games on Saturday than I do on Sunday. But our family schedules are set around Gators and Cowboys kick offs. But the wife and I when the gators aren't playing will have about 3 other college games on at the same time. Sometimes watching Saturday nights until the west coast games are over. Sundays depends on when the Cowboys play, we will watch some other games, but not like College weekends. NFL playoffs are a always fun especially the divisional round which is usually the best football games played all year.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
6 dunk and 2 facepalms?

source.gif

giphy.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
:drunk2:

Dude, you got way too much time on your hands.

I have no clue what you are attempting to say :harvey1:
im just reminding you of your aints epic fail, because, as you've stated at least 20 times in your 100 posts about them, you don't care and hardly watch...

:grin:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
im just reminding you of your aints epic fail, because, as you've stated at least 20 times in your 100 posts about them, you don't care and hardly watch...

:grin:
:moon3:

Believe what you want.

If what happened to the Saints, happened to the Gators I'd have been pissed...really ugly...Donkey ugly.

What you can't understand is that slop bothers me. Bad is bad.

I watch very little Pro Sports.
And I don't have to prove a negative to you.

I don't think I know the names of 4 maybe 5 players on the Saints or even the DC

But you are right...I really care.

The ONLY reason I care about the NFL is it encourages boys to play football and that's better for SEC Football

Hey I saw Tiger win the Masters...guess what? I don't play golf, I watch very little golf, I generally don't care...but I thought it was cool he won and good for sports.

I like good play and a good story and I don't like bad play, bad calls, and bad stories.

So now you know...get a life.

One question...If I posted x Times about the Saints bad call ...I have no clue...what does that say about you keeping count?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The college game is more pure, you feel more vested because it's your school, blah blah blah. I get all of that.

If you loved watching these kids until they were 22 or 23, why not beyond? The NFL is the cream of the crop and the current offenses are lighting it up. The NFL playoffs are great theater.

If you're dissing the NFL now, it's because you never bonded with an NFL team as a kid, or you did but your team currently sucks.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
The college game is more pure, you feel more vested because it's your school, blah blah blah. I get all of that.

If you loved watching these kids until they were 22 or 23, why not beyond? The NFL is the cream of the crop and the current offenses are lighting it up. The NFL playoffs are great theater.

If you're dissing the NFL now, it's because you never bonded with an NFL team as a kid, or you did but your team currently sucks.

Really?

I never watch the NBA..I've never even been to a game but I watch college ball.

I used to follow boxing...my father boxed...I don't watch now.

Your logic does not hold.

Money has ruined a lot Pro- Sports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb