Does anyone pay attention to the NFL anymore?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Really?

I never watch the NBA..I've never even been to a game but I watch college ball.

I used to follow boxing...my father boxed...I don't watch now.

Your logic does not hold.

Money has ruined a lot Pro- Sports.
You're from New Orleans, right? Shocking you wouldn't follow the Jazz.

Boxing is not a team sport.

There are obviously other reasons why football fans aren't interested in the NFL. Let me guess yours.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You're from New Orleans, right? Shocking you wouldn't follow the Jazz.

Boxing is not a team sport.

There are obviously other reasons why football fans aren't interested in the NFL. Let me guess yours.

With respect...the Jazz? UTAH?
Pelicans play in NO

Go ahead guess?

I went to LSU Grad School and people here can't believe I'm a Gator...die hard.

And I'm FROM Florida..Gulf Coast.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, the money-has-ruined sports logic really doesnt hold water any more. College football is the NFL minor leagues. These kids risk one thing, their health, and that is coverable through insurance.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With respect...the Jazz? UTAH?
Pelicans play in NO

Go ahead guess?

I went to LSU Grad School and people here can't believe I'm a Gator...die hard.

And I'm FROM Florida..Gulf Coast.
You grew up a Pelicans fan? I'm impressed you can type.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
The college game is more pure, you feel more vested because it's your school, blah blah blah. I get all of that.

If you loved watching these kids until they were 22 or 23, why not beyond? The NFL is the cream of the crop and the current offenses are lighting it up. The NFL playoffs are great theater.

If you're dissing the NFL now, it's because you never bonded with an NFL team as a kid, or you did but your team currently sucks.

My team until a few years ago was the patriots...and I’ve been a fan since I was a kid...so the argument of a crappy team is irrelevant...but then again the game is completely different and so is the world we live in where the league has become a soapbox for agendas and personal feelings I just don’t happen to agree with...it’s the same reason I don’t associate with ppl that are diametrically opposed to my beliefs or watch TV that doesn’t agree with my world view or values...I don’t need the aggravation or the energy for mental gymnastics to separate entertainment and the ppl that provide it

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My team until a few years ago was the patriots...and I’ve been a fan since I was a kid...but then again the game is completely different and so is the world we live in where the league has become a soapbox for agendas and personal feelings I just don’t happen to agree...it’s the same reason I don’t associate with ppl that are diametrically opposed to my beliefs or watch TV that doesn’t agree with my world view or values...I don’t need the aggravation or the energy for mental gymnastics to separate entertainment and the ppl that provide it
And so is the world we live in. Boom.

You adapt to change or you don't. Football is still about advancing an oblong piece of pigskin down the field.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You grew up a Pelicans fan? I'm impressed you can type.
WTF?

No, I am not a Pro Fan.

Can you read? I grew up in SW FL.

But I was a Dallas Cowboys fan in the Landry days as a kid figure that out? Even when the FINS went undefeated

Some of y'all are incredible. My best friend was one of the biggest NFL Fans growing up but he wont even watch the Super Bowl now.

I kinda follow the Saints but don't care except it's good for the area. And because I hate inconsistent Refs...y'all say I've got the Red Arse.

I've spent more time posting about that stupid call then I've spent in 3 years watching the Saints...literally.

But I watched every Gator Game...live, TV or Recorded...even the OB FOR YEARS

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WTF?

No, I am not a Pro Fan.

Can you read? I grew up in SW FL.

But I was a Dallas Cowboys fan in the Landry days as a kid figure that out? Even when the FINS went undefeated

Some of y'all are incredible. My best friend was one of the biggest NFL Fans growing up but he wont even watch the Super Bowl now.

I kinda follow the Saints but don't care except it's good for the area. And because I hate inconsistent Refs...y'all say I've got the Red Arse.

I've spent more time posting about that stupid call then I've spent in 3 years watching the Saints...literally.

But I watched every Gator Game...live, TV or Recorded...even the OB FOR YEARS
Apparently you don't bother to read. Post #59.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
The college game is more pure, you feel more vested because it's your school, blah blah blah. I get all of that.

If you loved watching these kids until they were 22 or 23, why not beyond? The NFL is the cream of the crop and the current offenses are lighting it up. The NFL playoffs are great theater.

If you're dissing the NFL now, it's because you never bonded with an NFL team as a kid, or you did but your team currently sucks.

What's your point...I followed Dallas as a kid...now I can't stand them.

The NFL has left many of us - so many of us left them.

And why are you insisting we should like the NFL? You like them...fine enjoy but why do you expect me to agree

You sound like my brother when I left the Catholic Church...just like him... you don't understand...and I'm a much stronger Chistian now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

What's your point...I followed Dallas as a kid...now I can't stand them.

The NFL has left many of us - so many of us left them.

And why are you insisting we should like the NFL? You like them...fine enjoy but why do you expect me to agree

You sound like my brother when I left the Catholic Church...just like him... you don't understand...and I'm a much stronger Chistian now.
I'm not insisting anything beyond your refusal to follow the dialogue.

If you grow up a fan of a professional team, you tend to remain interested unless said team begins to suck and you prove to be fair weathered.

Did you grow up a fan of the Pelicans?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I'm not insisting anything beyond your refusal to follow the dialogue.

If you grow up a fan of a professional team, you tend to remain interested unless said team begins to suck and you prove to be fair weathered.

Did you grow up a fan of the Pelicans?

Really...the Pelicans are a New Team? Jazz left... Hornets left...NBA not a fan

Refusal to follow dialogue...please explain?

Try that yourself...I grew up in SW FL and like many kids was a Dallas Cowboys
fan...until their new owner...oh and they were winning SB...they did not suck but their HC and Owner DID.

I became a kinda Saints Fan because my roommate was in Grad School. But I lost interest in the NFL

I was a Gator Fan and also followed LSU especially 84-86 when UF was on probation but was still a Gator.

I moved ALL OVER the SE, had a family, and dwindled down to Gator and SEC Football. Was in several out of state Gator Clubs.

I am now back in LA AND still follow the Gators.
They call me Gator at work.

2 of my kids are LSU Fans, 2 Step Kids are Saints Fans with season tickets

I could care less about the NFL except to talk with my sons.

BELEIVE it or not...I really don't care.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I used to love the college game far more than the Pro game. College used to be so fun and unique. You had smaller conferences with great rivalries and a lot of uniqueness. You had a wide arrange of offenses from triple option to pro to the fun n gun. Now everyone runs the same ****...other than uniforms you can’t tell the difference and you have teams like Missouri and A&M that don’t belong in the SEC or a West Virginia in the Big 12 etc. I love to watch UF and that’s about it for college and me anymore. Occasionally I’ll watch a big rivalry or top 10 matchup. With the NFL I’ll watch anything

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Has any body mentioned over saturation? You use to get only 2 games on Sunday and one on Monday night. And Monday night was a showcase. With Dandy Don and Howard Cosell it was part circus and part history in the making. If you were lucky you got to see your team but otherwise you got to see legends in the making.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Has any body mentioned over saturation? You use to get only 2 games on Sunday and one on Monday night. And Monday night was a showcase. With Dandy Don and Howard Cosell it was part circus and part history in the making. If you were lucky you got to see your team but otherwise you got to see legends in the making.

The only over saturation is the Thursday games. I’ll still watch but that’s when you get awful football because the NFL cares about player safety and makes them play on 3 days rest

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Really...the Pelicans are a New Team? Jazz left... Hornets left...NBA not a fan

Refusal to follow dialogue...please explain?

Try that yourself...I grew up in SW FL and like many kids was a Dallas Cowboys
fan...until their new owner...oh and they were winning SB...they did not suck but their HC and Owner DID.

I became a kinda Saints Fan because my roommate was in Grad School. But I lost interest in the NFL

I was a Gator Fan and also followed LSU especially 84-86 when UF was on probation but was still a Gator.

I moved ALL OVER the SE, had a family, and dwindled down to Gator and SEC Football. Was in several out of state Gator Clubs.

I am now back in LA AND still follow the Gators.
They call me Gator at work.

2 of my kids are LSU Fans, 2 Step Kids are Saints Fans with season tickets

I could care less about the NFL except to talk with my sons.

BELEIVE it or not...I really don't care.
:facepalm:

Sheez, man. Of course you couldn't care less about the Pelicans. You have no history. That's my point.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I used to love the college game far more than the Pro game. College used to be so fun and unique. You had smaller conferences with great rivalries and a lot of uniqueness. You had a wide arrange of offenses from triple option to pro to the fun n gun. Now everyone runs the same ****...other than uniforms you can’t tell the difference and you have teams like Missouri and A&M that don’t belong in the SEC or a West Virginia in the Big 12 etc. I love to watch UF and that’s about it for college and me anymore. Occasionally I’ll watch a big rivalry or top 10 matchup. With the NFL I’ll watch anything
That sums up my feelings.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
:facepalm:

Sheez, man. Of course you couldn't care less about the Pelicans. You have no history. That's my point.

Really...first it's the NBA...I have NEVER followed the NBA

They are NEW

SO why have I left the NFL?

Think the 70's Cowboys and the Cowboys today? Not the game...the League.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Really...first it's the NBA...I have NEVER followed the NBA

They are NEW

SO why have I left the NFL?

Think the 70's Cowboys and the Cowboys today? Not the game...the League.

About the same as I equate '70s college football with today's version. A microcosm of society. It's all worse in terms of purity.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
About the same as I equate '70s college football with today's version. A microcosm of society. It's all worse in terms of purity.

IMO and it's only my opinion...College is way more interesting. So much comes into play: styles, injury, coaching, time management, rivalry...

It might be me but College players have more HEART. On any Saturday, a really good 1-AA Team can stun a Div- 1 Team if the Div-1"Team takes them lightly.

Almost everyone picked BAMA over Clemson.

And there is only so much Cam, J. Winston, & Mr Football I can take. Unlike NCAA, NFL has a Commissioner. There is no reason the Spouse Abuse, Drugs, Political Protests, etc should be tolerated at work.

And then there are the rules...let's not go there or DSS will be all over me

So I keep my viewership to a minimum.

My time, my money, my interest is spent elsewhere.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I started watching the NFL in the 50's when Otto Graham, YA Tittle, and Unitas were playing. I was watching when a player on a team stayed with that team.

I knew Buford Long. Great guy. Younger Gators may not know he held the season rushing TD record for around 30 years until Emmitt broke it. Went on to play for the Giants with Frank Gifford & Tittle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.