Don’t look now, but where where will EJ end up next year?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cant be. I’ve read on here many experts who steadfastly agree that we suck and the offense will be light years behind last year numbers.

Kid has talent, and I do think our offense will take a step back. Doesn't mean he won't have people taking a look at him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The offense will be more balanced this year. EJ is a better fit than Trask was. EJ could be a Heisman front runner.
There was nothing completely unbalanced about our offense last year other than usual total lack of success of Mullinz unimaginative and totally predictable play selection in the running game.

We had 427 (58%) passing attempts and 367 (42%) wasted option running plays.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If I remember right, offense wasn't the problem last year....... I think we will have a serviceable offense but can our defense rise to even middle of the pak stature, can they keep us in low scoring games?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There was nothing completely unbalanced about our offense last year other than usual total lack of success of Mullinz unimaginative and totally predictable play selection in the running game.

We had 427 (58%) passing attempts and 367 (42%) wasted option running plays.

I didn’t mean in play calls. I meant in production.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t mean in play calls. I meant in production.
yes we will have much much less you already in the passing game and more yardage in the running game.

it won't be like last year for EJ though. teams won't ignore him. they will prepare for a running quarterback and the defensive end will not always crash on the running back.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How many drives will stall and yards be lost because EJ can’t accurately throw a WR screen?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
EJ will be great. Been saying this

@dz_23 doesn’t chime in often. But he brings it when he does.

I agree. Similar to Trask, Emory Jones is everything that’s right about the college athlete. Patiently waiting his turn and being a solid teammate. Meanwhile Joey Gatewood and Jake Bentley are on their 3rd school in 4 years and still making excuses.

I hope and think EJ kills it this year.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
@dz_23 doesn’t chime in often. But he brings it when he does.

I agree. Similar to Trask, Emory Jones is everything that’s right about the college athlete. Patiently waiting his turn and being a solid teammate. Meanwhile Joey Gatewood and Jake Bentley are on their 3rd school in 4 years and still making excuses.

I hope and think EJ kills it this year.

Agree but we still have our OL and Grantham's D.

Will it matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator