Donald Sterling vows to sue the NBA into oblivion until he dies

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So you guys think he should keep his team and these players should just suit up and play for this guy? I'm not understanding what was supposed to happen. It was pretty much an illegal recording but once it was outthere there was no going back.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n14175 said:
So you guys think he should keep his team and these players should just suit up and play for this guy? I'm not understanding what was supposed to happen. It was pretty much an illegal recording but once it was outthere there was no going back.

I do. Players have done much worse and are right back on the court. I am tired of the media trying to dictate everything.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n14175 said:
So you guys think he should keep his team and these players should just suit up and play for this guy?
Yes, go out there and do their damn jobs and collect their millions. How does what that blowhard said in his living room change anything?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n14175 said:

If the players don't want to play for him, let them also not cash the checks that recieve from the guy as well.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n14175 said:
In the real world, if you don't like your boss then you quit and go work somewhere else or you suck it up and deal with it. You don't have the PC police come in and force him to sell the company because he made a few private comments that weren't popular. Playing a game for millions a year is a privilege...not a right.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n14236 said:
In the real world, if you don't like your boss then you quit and go work somewhere else or you suck it up and deal with it. You don't have the PC police come in and force him to sell the company because he made a few private comments that weren't popular. Playing a game for millions a year is a privilege...not a right.
So a bunch of black guys are supposed to play for a guy who doesn't want black people at his games? This is a predominantly black league once something like this is outthere there's nothing anyone can do. What's the nba supposed to do? Fight a law suit with a grumpy old racist one foot in the grave or lose money from all the players who would go on strike? And being a owner in the nba is also a right not a privilege. In what world do you think it's ok for a racist to own an nba team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n14223 said:
If the players don't want to play for him, let them also not cash the checks that recieve from the guy as well.
Just because he's an employer doesn't give him the right to be a racist dick head. Why should they have to quit?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n14244 said:
Just because he's an employer doesn't give him the right to be a racist dick head. Why should they have to quit?

He is an American, that gives him the right to be a racist dick. But he was such a racist dick he didn't hire any minorities? Except he did. He is paying them millions, if they don't want to work for him, quit. That is on them, they signed the contract too. This isn't new behavior by him, so it was well known behavior when they signed.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n14237 said:
So a bunch of black guys are supposed to play for a guy who doesn't want black people at his games? This is a predominantly black league once something like this is outthere there's nothing anyone can do. What's the nba supposed to do? Fight a law suit with a grumpy old racist one foot in the grave or lose money from all the players who would go on strike? And being a owner in the nba is also a right not a privilege. In what world do you think it's ok for a racist to own an nba team.
In this world. Do you think he's the only owner of any franchise or business that has racist views? The media, NBA, government or any other entity cannot and will not EVER be able to dictate people's thoughts or beliefs. Nor should they be able to dictate what holdings they have because of them. Not defending the old guy, but this crap is ridiculous.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n14247 said:
He is an American, that gives him the right to be a racist dick. But he was such a racist dick he didn't hire any minorities? Except he did. He is paying them millions, if they don't want to work for him, quit. That is on them, they signed the contract too. This isn't new behavior by him, so it was well known behavior when they signed.
Yeah he's practically donating to charity lol. People come to clipper games to see the players not him. These guys have made him rich or atleast richer.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n14261 said:
Yeah he's practically donating to charity lol. People come to clipper games to see the players not him. These guys have made him rich or atleast richer.

And they are paid well for their service. They help expand his weath, but they joined knowing who he was and if they didn't that is on them. He is honoring his side of the deal by paying them, they should honor their side.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What he said wasn't really as damning as what Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Charles Barkley and many other Blacks have said. This is all political BS.... Liberal Media BS!!!!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What he said was crap. He is crap. That said, it doesn't give the NBA the right to take away the franchise he payed for and built into what it is today. The players, just like any other employee, have the right to move on once their contract is up, or break their contract to move on. They don't "have" to play for him and collect a paycheck from him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let the players and the coaches strike. So long! Just bring in replacement players and coaches and move right on. Thousands of players would jump at the chance to slide in and play in the NBA.

The NBA in giving in to irrational emotion and harshly overreacting has invited this circus. Had it been handled in a different way I'll bet Steve Balmer would be the owner right now. Instead they have a bloodbath on their hands, and dozens of people are going to be publicly humiliated after Donald's boys get through with them. They deserve it. It takes a lot to make a jerk like Donald Sterling appear to be a victim, but the NBA has botched the situation so badly they've done just that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n14265 said:
And they are paid well for their service. They help expand his weath, but they joined knowing who he was and if they didn't that is on them. He is honoring his side of the deal by paying them, they should honor their side.
No where in the agreement was they had to play for an owner who doesn't welcome their families to the games either.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n14290 said:
No where in the agreement was they had to play for an owner who doesn't welcome their families to the games either.
There isn't a single instance of a minority being stopped from entering a Clippers game.

Again, Sterling's personal thoughts changed absolutely nothing.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n14290 said:
Exaggerate much?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I understand sterling's rights were violated and if it were a black owner of a baseball team who claimed he didn't wanna be associated with white people this would be a non story.I get that. I'm just trying to show the other side of the coin and the nba' s hands were tied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator