Door Slamming

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Damn that's cool. Like the commercial version but built basically

I cant figure out how to buy it or how to even find a price for it. I have some specialized German equipment that I work with at work, and let me tell you.... those fukers can over engineer something to the death. I found one obscure price reference buried deep in the interwebz and it was $210. Not sure if that is US dollars.

Next.

:lol:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
commercial looking. Will it leave a scar when you remove it? ;)

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last edited:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jeez, Brad, I thought the butler opened and closed the doors at the Flonderosa?? :dunno:

:lol:

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
So my new biggest pet peave at home is the damn kids slamming the door coming into the house. No amount of beatings seem to correct this problem. Is there any hardware solution for this?

I am not looking for something to automatically close the door.

Also, I do not want a pneumatic door closer that you would find on a screen door or on the exterior door at your office.

All of my cabinet doors have a damper like this: But this thing does not seem to exist for big doors.
41VpCx7HZmL.jpg

What about a friction hinge.... certainly they have those. Not that I can find.

Maybe mount 30 of those cabinet door dampers. :lol:

Or maybe this is business opportunity. :scratchchin:

Put the .45 up to their heads and tell them if they slam the door again that you are going to ****ing lose it and blow their ****ing brains out...

Okay on second thought; don't do that

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Automatic door closers slow the door down too. Some make it even impossible to slam. I had one that was built into the hinge but I don't know if it would be strong enough for a solid steel door.

DCab

Mar 18, 2016
Try replacing the weatherstripping with something more substantial. Something where you have to actually pull on the door to get it to close and latch. The metal weatherstripping can be pretty stiff. It may not eliminate the problem but it could help lessen the impact.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Brad's home is newer and I would imagine the exterior doors have an integral bulb type weatherstripping that is fitted into a kerf cut into the jamb next to the door stop, a design which relies on either tension and or compression for weatherproofing. Very few modern doors utilize the old style nail-on copper spring blade and neither style provide any real reduction of shock. Commercial doors typically use a hollow metal frame with silencers installed in the stop side to reduce the shock and awe of a heavy door closing in an office setting. Attached are various door silencers.
Although smaller in scale, Brad might confuse these with butt plugs
images
images

You might consider one of these and just keep the door locked.
images

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.