URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Follow up on the fridge....commpressor which is build by LG is bad.....but under warranty....good news right....no **** me again. The newer compressor to replace the old one does not work with the old PC Board, valve and dryer also needs to be replaced. Labor is not included in warranty(beyond one year)...

Total cost to replace compressor, valve, dryer, PC Board with labor....almost $1,200....Total cost to replace whole comparable refrigerator....yeah somewhere between 4-5K.
:hahaha:

Time to buy a new fridge

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
honestly, i just don't think you can go wrong with the closest thing to old style washer and dryer... no display, doesn't play the Korean national anthem when the drying cycle is done (I schit you not, that's what Samsung does)... just simple nobs, throw schit in
I’ve always wondered what that tune was.

I used to love Samsung TVs, but had one blow in the middle of the Bama - Ga NC game. Literally a loud pop noise and the screen went black. Did some research on a replacement and read several places that their quality has slipped and bought a Hisense instead. Been very satisfied.

As for the old TV I figured I’d just pitch it as I assumed it would be too costly to repair. In the end I thought maybe just maybe there was someone out there who might do it cheaply. Long story short I ended up on You Tube and found out they’re not hard to fix yourself. There was a whole trouble shooting guide and I was able to figure what went wrong and found a replacement mother board and fixed it myself for less than $50. It’s been working fine since.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
That tends to happen when you throw things at it :dunno:

:lol:
Always reminds me of our next door neighbor when I was in elementary school. The dumbass picked up his BB gun and shook it to see if there were any BB's in it before shooting the Pink Panther cartoon on his families TV....I guess he didn't realize there was still a BB in the magazine and blew out their TV.....his handicapped mother literally beat him with her cane from one end of the house to the other....still one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was a powerful bb gun to shoot thru the safety glass covering the picture tube plus the air gap.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
That was a powerful bb gun to shoot thru the safety glass covering the picture tube plus the air gap.
Sure did from 5 feet away...but this was from the same moron who hit himself in the face with numb chucks pretending to be Billy Jack in his driveway, not mentioned also cracked himself with a bullwhip trying to be a badass....but the best one was when he worked at the local grocery store and placed a sign on a vending machine that said "out of oder".....probably a relative of yours, huh?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This refrigerator is becoming a nightmare....led a second tech out the front door today when he showed up oblivious to the situation and got combative when I told him it's a warranty issue.. Spent another 1.5 hours on the phone trying to resolve after he left. They want me to contact LG to order compressor.....I told them to f vck themselves and they will order it PLUS give me an exact time when the next moron shows up to install it....no more 8-5 service windows.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Hey Gren, I'm sure you remember how TV's were made in 1974....you were probably in your best cognitive years then, what about 55-60?

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Gren, I'm sure you remember how TV's were made in 1974....you were probably in your best cognitive years then, what about 55-60?
I know that you get kind of wild with your stories.
It took a sledgehammer to bust this CRT tube. The shots pecked up the safety glass but did not penetrate to the CRT tube.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I know that you get kind of wild with your stories.
It took a sledgehammer to bust this CRT tube. The shots pecked up the safety glass but did not penetrate to the CRT tube.

Who said anything about a tube? Ever watch TV through broken glass with a hole in it? Maybe you should check some of your own wild stories...like about the clot shot. Speaking of which isn't it about time you get the newest one? I think you should just double down...

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who said anything about a tube? Ever watch TV through broken glass with a hole in it? Maybe you should check some of your own wild stories...like about the clot shot. Speaking of which isn't it about time you get the newest one? I think you should just double down...
So you abandon this wild story? They sound like 1st person adventures.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So you abandon this wild story? They sound like 1st person adventures.
No moron, unlike you I don't have to look something up on google or youtube.... isn't it about time the nursing home restricts your internet access, though?

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When I got out of the military service in 1971. I spent a few years repairing those CRT tube TVs. With a bad picture tube we would take the whole tube out back and throw bricks at the screen to try to bust them and you couldn't do it you had to take it a stick and knock the neck off of the tube. I just looked it up to get a YouTube video for your benefit.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
When I got out of the military service in 1971. I spent a few years repairing those CRT tube TVs. With a bad picture tube we would take the whole tube out back and throw bricks at the screen to try to bust them and you couldn't do it you had to take it a stick and knock the neck off of the tube. I just looked it up to get a YouTube video for your benefit.
Sure you did.....unlike you, old man I actually live and experience life 1st hand....I don't have to look stuff up on google and youtube and buy into it hook, line and sinker(covid thread ring a bell....I notice you don't go there anymore since everything I and others told you turned out to be true)....btw I've thrown small rocks through the front of older TV sets without much of a problem when cleaning out old properties and removing junk....maybe you're just a little limp wristed?

Last edited:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
..btw I've thrown small rocks through the front of older TV sets without much of a problem when cleaning out old properties and removing junk....maybe you're just a little limp wristed?
I don't believe you up threw small rocks thru the front screen of any 25" CRT tv..... They didn't have flat screen back then. A 25" CRT weighs about 75 lbs.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't believe you up threw small rocks thru the front screen of any 25" CRT tv..... They didn't have flat screen back then. A 25" CRT weighs about 75 lbs.
I don't believe you tried to throw bricks through something you were supposed to be repairing....
Bull Bullshit GIF by Travis

But in my case I did throw rocks through the screens of old TV's...didn't stop to measure them or see what they were made of...didn't care...was paid to get rid of them and it seemed like a fun thing to do while at the dump...

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When repairing an old TV if you have a bad picture tube you will replace it with a new one . We would take the old bad picture tubes out back and for the garbage to pick them up we had to release the gas inside them. So we would throw bricks at them but that didn't work so we would knock the necks off of them. Is that hard to understand?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
When repairing an old TV if you have a bad picture tube you will replace it with a new one . We would take the old bad picture tubes out back and for the garbage to pick them up we had to release the gas inside them. So we would throw bricks at them but that didn't work so we would knock the necks off of them. Is that hard to understand?
Sure Jan GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.