Driskel and Brissett

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Appears BOTH will make NFL rosters this year... What does that say about our past coaches? Good luck USC:backout:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
A lot of the offensive guys under The Chump are in the NFL. The guy was a joke of a head coach and he still doesn't get it. Most of us learn from our mistakes. Now at his third stop, and he is making the exact same errors. It is baffling.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A lot of the offensive guys under The Chump are in the NFL. The guy was a joke of a head coach and he still doesn't get it. Most of us learn from our mistakes. Now at his third stop, and he is making the exact same errors. It is baffling.

His third stop? Where was he a head coach before UF?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
His third stop? Where was he a head coach before UF?

I wasn't clear. He screwed up at UF. He was at Auburn as DC last year where he made the same mistakes. Now he is at USCe repeating his screw ups. I know nothing about how he was before UF.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Appears BOTH will make NFL rosters this year... What does that say about our past coaches? Good luck USC:backout:

They are now getting much better coaching than they received under The Chump. His offensive staff's were horrible. Both had the tools to be very good QB's but, his ground and pound offense destroyed their abilities.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
Just confirms what has been said about them ad nauseum. Glad they're gone. New season now with a complete reboot in QB talent and a staff that I doubt will ever come close to following suit.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not really sure but Driskel I think would be hard pressed to make more than the practice squad barring injuries on most NFL teams that didn't have the current SF QB situation.

Brissett imo just got here at a very bad time with the offense and with the staff hell bent on having Driskel as the starter no matter how he played. Driskel I think still has a big issue dealing with pressure but La Tech covered up a lot of that with their system and dumbing down their playbook some.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not really sure but Driskel I think would be hard pressed to make more than the practice squad barring injuries on most NFL teams that didn't have the current SF QB situation.

Brissett imo just got here at a very bad time with the offense and with the staff hell bent on having Driskel as the starter no matter how he played. Driskel I think still has a big issue dealing with pressure but La Tech covered up a lot of that with their system and dumbing down their playbook some.

He can thank that loser Kapernick for enabling him to make the roster

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He can thank that loser Kapernick for enabling him to make the roster

Listening to Kelly it isn't out of the question they may not cut him. He said he was one of the top 2 QBs at this point but that the GM makes the ultimate decision. I just don't see them keeping him now despite the money still owed since he has no trade value and has brought attention to himself like this.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Listening to Kelly it isn't out of the question they may not cut him. He said he was one of the top 2 QBs at this point but that the GM makes the ultimate decision. I just don't see them keeping him now despite the money still owed since he has no trade value and has brought attention to himself like this.
One can only hope.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would they cut Collie Jihad? I know the football crowd is probably more conservative than the general population, but we are talking about California and San Francisco in particular. It's not like the fans are going to revolt and stop coming. He's probably a hero to them. They'd cheer if he shyt on the flag at the 50 yard line. Avatard probably already added another tramp stamp with Collie's face on his lower back.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As for Brissett, he has had a pretty impressive camp. He has been really good in NE's system. I will surprised if he becomes the starter in the future. However, clipboard holders have long careers. This week will be important Brissett.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nce-to-be-new-england-patriots-week-1-starter
http://www.espn.com/blog/new-englan...rting-jacoby-brissett-in-final-preseason-game

I'll be surprised if Driskell lasts past next fall camp if he doesn't switch positions. People get so enamored by his cannon and decide that they can fix his inaccuracy and head problems. They forget his feet aren't inaccurate and actually work pretty darn well all the time. It would be a shame for him not to get a chance to play a position at which he might actually do well already. I don't think it's H back because he isn't really a power runner, doesn't take hits particularly well (he runs around not thru people), and is pretty weak up top so probably can't block. I hope they at least try him in the slot before they flush him.

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As for Brissett, he has had a pretty impressive camp. He has been really good in NE's system. I will surprised if he becomes the starter in the future. However, clipboard holders have long careers. This week will be important Brissett.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nce-to-be-new-england-patriots-week-1-starter
http://www.espn.com/blog/new-englan...rting-jacoby-brissett-in-final-preseason-game

I'll be surprised if Driskell lasts past next fall camp if he doesn't switch positions. People get so enamored by his cannon and decide that they can fix his inaccuracy and head problems. They forget his feet aren't inaccurate and actually work pretty darn well all the time. It would be a shame for him not to get a chance to play a position at which he might actually do well already. I don't think it's H back because he isn't really a power runner, doesn't take hits particularly well (he runs around not thru people), and is pretty weak up top so probably can't block. I hope they at least try him in the slot before they flush him.
Just to be clear, you are on record as stating there was no way Driskel would ever be drafted. Then you stretched it to not making the team. Now it's he won't last more than NEXT fall. At this rate you'll be saying there's no way he'll be the Starter and then follow that up with not making the Hall of Fame. :lol

Where's @divits ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator