Driskel Coming off of the Bench Against EKU

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Considering that very well might be JD's last home game, I'm sure he'll get plenty of burn that day.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I do feel bad for the kid but we've seen more, much more than enough. Driskel needs to be kept on the bench for good.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
(1) JD should never see the field again in a Gator uniform. Let him transfer, play baseball, whatever.

(2) Assuming we put EKU away early? They are 8-1 and #15 in the FCS poll this week, and play the #4 team Jax State. At worst they will be a 9-2 ballclub coming in, and a helluva lot better than GSU was last season. Don't assume a damned thing.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I expect him to play just for simple fact it is senior day. Weither it be a token snap at the beginning of the game, or letting him close it out. I wouldn't be shocked.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n99040 said:
(1) JD should never see the field again in a Gator uniform. Let him transfer, play baseball, whatever.

(2) Assuming we put EKU away early? They are 8-1 and #15 in the FCS poll this week, and play the #4 team Jax State. At worst they will be a 9-2 ballclub coming in, and a helluva lot better than GSU was last season. Don't assume a damned thing.
With Treon at qb the team has energy and care. We will put them away early.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
ATXGator;n99003 said:
I hope that we blow out Vandy enough to see Driskel come in during the 4th quarter and get some snaps. The truth is that if TH gets hurt Driskel is our guy, so I'd still learn and improve as much as possible just incase.

Learn and improve? We have seen the best we are gonna see....

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n99045 said:
Learn and improve? We have seen the best we are gonna see....

I'm not saying the guy is going to become a Heisman candidate, but there is always room to learn and improve and like I said... we may need him if TH gets hurt.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n99040 said:

Hey may not be a great QB, but he is a great kid and has always been a great Gator. If he sees the field again either because it is his last home game (although he is a redshirt JR) or because the Gators are up big, or because TH gets hurt he should get our support. I agree that TH should be starting, but to say he should never see the field in a Gator uniform again is just spiteful and uncalled for when talking about a college kid.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Gator87;n98985 said:
Here's some game film we can send them, it's pretty much what we're going to see with you know who in charge.
Thank you for that video, Never seen it. It was before they used the huddle and clothing styles were wild. Coolest thing I have seen in awhile.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n99049 said:
Hey may not be a great QB, but he is a great kid and has always been a great Gator. If he sees the field again either because it is his last home game (although he is a redshirt JR) or because the Gators are up big, or because TH gets hurt he should get our support. I agree that TH should be starting, but to say he should never see the field in a Gator uniform again is just spiteful and uncalled for when talking about a college kid.

Apparently you've never read any of his posts in the past.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ray Finkle;n98949 said:
Assuming we put EKU away early, how do you think the QB play is handled? Does Treon play the entire game to get more reps, or do we put JD in when the game is put away? Does he get the standard mop-up duty of turning around and handing the ball off, or do the coaches allow him to throw it at all? I started thinking about this scenario and thought it could go many ways. What are your thoughts?

We lost to Georgia Southern last year....and came a C-hair from losing to Louisiana-Lafayette.....so I'm not going to assume we "put away" anybody!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n98986 said:
It was from like 2 yards away...we would have been just fine scoring a TD with a normal handoff.

You must not have watched the LSU game....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n99107 said:
We lost to Georgia Southern last year....and came a C-hair from losing to Louisiana-Lafayette.....so I'm not going to assume we "put away" anybody!
And Vandy last year. A hair from losing to Kintucky and Tinerc. And almost everyone else we have played since the beginning of the Mushchimp Error.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Serious question , is there any role other than backup for JD now and should he transfer ?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Gator98MD;n99182 said:
Serious question , is there any role other than backup for JD now and should he transfer ?

Im not sure this staff wont play him more....

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
JD stays on the bench or works a little at a different position. He had enough chances and we need to try to win out. Hiking the ball to him buts that in jeopardy. The trigger has been pulled, for the better, move on.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure if its mop up time it won't be anything too major. He does need to be ready if TH gets hurt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n99182 said:
Jordan Reed was too dumb to play QB also, and he's making bucks in the NFL right now.

Everyone knows you put the dumb ones at TE. The blocking schemes aren't tough, there's usually no pulling just seal the edge or backside. When you get beaten, some one just says "Mehhh it was a tight end." The routes are simple, too. Even a Sasquash could play TE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator