Driskel Coming off of the Bench Against EKU

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n99250 said:
Jordan Reed was too dumb to play QB also, and he's making bucks in the NFL right now.

Everyone knows you put the dumb ones at TE. The blocking schemes aren't tough, there's usually no pulling just seal the edge or backside. When you get beaten, some one just says "Mehhh it was a tight end." The routes are simple, too. Even a Sasquash could play TE.

Actually, I had to know all the routes, all the blocking assignments along the line, all the audibles, as well as line up both on the line and split out. Also had to sit in on OL, WR, and QB meetings. After the QB's, TE's typically know the most about the offense because they have dual roles in the offense. Sh*t, I spent half my time teaching the offense to the younger players.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
EKU will be 10-1 or 9-2 by the time they arrive in Gainesville. The way we've played the last two years, I wouldn't put down an automatic "W" against them. They average 37.4 points per game, are 80% in the red zone for scoring, have a 1K rusher, two 400+ yd WRs, their defense has acquired 14 INTs, and they probably won't be intimidated in The Swamp after what GSU did last year in Gainesville.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
G8RNGA;n99364 said:
EKU will be 10-1 or 9-2 by the time they arrive in Gainesville. The way we've played the last two years, I wouldn't put down an automatic "W" against them. They average 37.4 points per game, are 80% in the red zone for scoring, have a 1K rusher, two 400+ yd WRs, their defense has acquired 14 INTs, and they probably won't be intimidated in The Swamp after what GSU did last year in Gainesville.

Yup. Too many have already looked past this game.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n99409 said:
Yup. Too many have already looked past this game.

Not me. If we play like we did against UGA we should win. If we play like we did against UK, Bama, LSU, Mizzou we will probably lose. The odds aren't very good but I'll tune in to watch and pull for our boys and hope for the best.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n98972 said:
The wildcat helped us score a TD against ugay.

I disagree. I'd say it was more like we scored in spite of the wildcat. I've never understood why a team changes what it's doing when they're obviously having success doing it. :crazy:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n99108 said:
Originally posted by -THE DUDE- View Post
It was from like 2 yards away...we would have been just fine scoring a TD with a normal handoff.

You must not have watched the LSU game....

We weren't running against them like we were against UGAy either.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n99439 said:
I disagree. I'd say it was more like we scored in spite of the wildcat. I've never understood why a team changes what it's doing when they're obviously having success doing it. :crazy:

I actually agree with this. I saw absolutely no reason to go to the wildcat at the goal line like that. They'd been destroying UGA all game from the pistol formation, why the hell do you go away from what was working? Sure it worked, but we haven't exactly had much success with the wildcat other than one game against UK with Trey Burton.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n99439 said:

Change it up a bit to see if the Wildcat works with Jones running it? I would say it was 0 for 2. So scrap it or let Taylor try to run it.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n99448 said:
Originally posted by itsgr82bag8r View Post

Change it up a bit to see if the Wildcat works with Jones running it? I would say it was 0 for 2. So scrap it or let Taylor try to run it.

I say leave it in the playbook, along with anything else in there, if what you're doing is working. Where is the logic in changing a successful attack? Style points? It's stupid IMO. I feel the same way about the fecking love of the "prevent" defense. The only thing it "prevents" is the continued good defense that obviously put you in a position of being in the lead in the first place & wanting to protect it. Why change what has been working?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n99454 said:
I say leave it in the playbook, along with anything else in there, if what you're doing is working. Where is the logic in changing a successful attack? Style points? It's stupid IMO. I feel the same way about the fecking love of the "prevent" defense. The only thing it "prevents" is the continued good defense that obviously put you in a position of being in the lead in the first place & wanting to protect it. Why change what has been working?

They used it once early in the first half and then again on a second and goal from the 1. Not like they were risking a lot by trying it the second time. They risked more when they ran the jet sweep in the red zone to the short side.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n99049 said:
Hey may not be a great QB, but he is a great kid and has always been a great Gator. If he sees the field again either because it is his last home game (although he is a redshirt JR) or because the Gators are up big, or because TH gets hurt he should get our support. I agree that TH should be starting, but to say he should never see the field in a Gator uniform again is just spiteful and uncalled for when talking about a college kid.

I would ask if you're new here? But I see you have 500 + posts.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Calling the wildcat from the 2-inch line wasn't bad. It gave Jones a chance to immediately rumble towards the line with the ball in his hands as soon as it was snapped. On 3rd & 2 in the middle of the field? Not so much.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n99454 said:
I say leave it in the playbook, along with anything else in there, if what you're doing is working. Where is the logic in changing a successful attack? Style points? It's stupid IMO. ..........Why change what has been working?

And yet, people have been bitching all week about not throwing more against uga despite racking up 400 plus yards and 38 points, running the ball down Georgia's throat.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n98985 said:
Here's some game film we can send them, it's pretty much what we're going to see with you know who in charge.

That's nearly 4 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.
Thanks.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hateful? No...I wish no injury or harm to him, maybe he makes it elsewhere, wasn't it Boston that drafted him in the MLB draft? He isn't going to make it as a QB, and he has had more than enough chances to prove it.

Spiteful....ok, maybe. Sorry if seeing him on the sideline late in the Mizzou debacle with that sarcastic smirk on his face chapped my ass a bit. No wonder the players don't want to give 100% when he is out there. Not a definition of a 'good Gator' to me anyway.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n99462 said:
Calling the wildcat from the 2-inch line wasn't bad. It gave Jones a chance to immediately rumble towards the line with the ball in his hands as soon as it was snapped. On 3rd & 2 in the middle of the field? Not so much.

Call it from the middle of the field, but let Jones make the defense **** bricks and show pass on a rollout from it. Give the HBC and Dumbo something to think about anyway.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n99464 said:
Originally posted by itsgr82bag8r View Post

I say leave it in the playbook, along with anything else in there, if what you're doing is working. Where is the logic in changing a successful attack? Style points? It's stupid IMO. ..........Why change what has been working?

And yet, people have been bitching all week about not throwing more against uga despite racking up 400 plus yards and 38 points, running the ball down Georgia's throat.

Not from me. Anyone complaining about the low pass total last week needs to up their Zanax dose. It was the correct thing to relentlessly pound the rock at them....they couldn't stop it.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
You would think if the chump assumes he will be back next year AND knowing JD is not the answer that he might actually be interested in developing a backup QB such as Mr. Skinny. Burn that young gentleman's redshirt and get him some reps. You would think.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator