Driskel Redux

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
From season stats I thought Driskel had really developed as a QB. But watching him today, I see that he still stares down his receivers and doesn't go through his progressions. So a tip of my hat to Law and the others who correctly identified his deficiencies. However, I am still of the opinion that he might be a better option than Treon
Twice today after turnovers he actually put both hands on his head like a child watching disaster unfold.

Last edited:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ONE day maybe GatorNation will stop obsessing over an outstanding young man who doesn't play for us anymore

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From season stats I thought Driskel had really developed as a QB. But watching him today, I see that he still stares down his receivers and doesn't go through his progressions. So a tip of my hat to Law and the others who correctly identified his deficiencies. However, I am still of the opinion that he might be a better option than Treon
Twice today after turnovers he actually put not hands on his head like a child watching disaster unfold.

Can't blame him. PTSD. He was having flashbacks of four years spent in G'ville.....And no way he's a better option than Treon. Don't forget that he (a 4th year player) was benched in favor of true freshman, Treon, who didn't even arrive on campus until that summer.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
QBR, which accounts for quality of opponents favors Driskel. He can make all the throws and he can see who is open. Treon can do neither.
The problem with Jeff was never about his arm strength, nor accuracy. His problem was going full retard under pressure. Treon isn't quite as bad, although he still does some pretty boneheaded things at times, but without the accuracy and arm strength.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Treon beat out Jeff, Will beat out Treon, Treon has regressed...

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Hahahahahahahs!
Can't blame him. PTSD. He was having flashbacks of four years spent in G'ville.....And no way he's a better option than Treon. Don't forget that he (a 4th year player) was benched in favor of true freshman, Treon, who didn't even arrive on campus until that summer.

Hahahahahahaha! If you watched the first half, you know how dumb this post is. 2/15 for27 yds. The fsu dline is playing volleyball with the midget's passes. Anybody who has played in the last decade is better. This includes Tyler Murphy.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Really?
The problem with Jeff was never about his arm strength, nor accuracy. His problem was going full retard under pressure. Treon isn't quite as bad, although he still does some pretty boneheaded things at times, but without the accuracy and arm strength.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
If you rewatch the games from last year, it's actually pretty clear Driskel was better. Treon was just a fresh voice and really the team played better around him.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Some one pls tell me, how many years has it been since we ve been this bad at QB and kicker, way before my time.
Bayergator

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some one pls tell me, how many years has it been since we ve been this bad at QB and kicker, way before my time.
Bayergator
At QB? The last three years.

At kicker? Never that I recall. We were this bad at punter under Zook one year when we resorted to having Ingle Martin punt. Its the closest I can think of and those 25 yard punts were nearly as disastrous as having no kicker.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
If you rewatch the games from last year, it's actually pretty clear Driskel was better. Treon was just a fresh voice and really the team played better around him.
Why.....in God's name....would you want to reach any of those games?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator