Driskel revenge or another poor outing?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
t-gator;n53925 said:
Call me crazy but I like our qb situation better than theirs.

The funny thing is T, he's actually done better in games that I thought we might lose. 2012 FSU, LSU, USCe. and done worse in games that I was SURE we were going to win like 2012 UGA, Mizzou, La. Lafayfette, and Sugar Bowl and the 2013 UM game.....He's kinda like a box of chocolates. You just never know what you're going to get. :)
2012 FSU and LSU ? - I think that was 90% Jumbo package winning those games. We weren't doing much at all in those games and were trailing FSU late in the 3rd quarter until that Jumbo package stuff wore them out. I think we expect so little now when a pass or two is completed it distorts our memory making us think Driskel had a good game sometimes when he didn't.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
Captain Sasquatch;n53762 said:
What cracks me up is when people cite Tebow's horrific stats in the NFL, people here say BUT HE'S 8-4 AS A STARTER, BAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :wobble:

But when people cite Driskel's record as a starter here, the keyboard diarrhea starts. :kiffin:
i believe i mentioned this in another thread...the double standards in this place is hysterical.
I seem to remember John Fox changing the offense to include a lot of read option when Tebow was starting that year.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NavetG8r said:
Concrete Helmet;n54352 said:
The funny thing is T, he's actually done better in games that I thought we might lose. 2012 FSU, LSU, USCe. and done worse in games that I was SURE we were going to win like 2012 UGA, Mizzou, La. Lafayfette, and Sugar Bowl and the 2013 UM game.....He's kinda like a box of chocolates. You just never know what you're going to get. :)

:lol:
Navet, don't tell Fever, but I think the only reason we won those games is because of the Jumbo package.....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:

Yep passing for 200 yards total for both games combined and over 400 yards rushing both games combined showed Driskel carried us to victory in the FSU and LSU games. lol

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NavetG8r said:

Actually, wasn't it Matt Jones that carried us.......uh, never mind.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
t-gator;n53925 said:

Compared to the downward spiral he was heading in 2012 after the tenn game the fsu game he played really well. Did he throw for 300 yards? No but he managed the game quite well. 15-23 147, 1 TD 0 INT. LSU game was the game of the all Jumbo package and he threw for a whopping 61 yards. 8-12 passing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is astonishing to me that people on here try to defend a QB who averages 100 yards of passing and 20 yards of rushing in big games. I swear they are all trolls just trying to enjoy the Mush/Driskel years.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n53799 said:
Baby wolves are born with hidden-away instincts and through a time-length of momma's teaching (coaching) the pups
become instinct fulfilled wolves. Driskel hasn't become an instinct fulfilled QB. That's ruinous for him and the team he "leads".

Inscrutable, Obi Wan. And I agree completely.

JD has all the physical tools, he lacks instinct and the "it factor" successful QBs need. I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll suddenly develop these necessary traits in front of a national TV audience and over 100K screaming, inbred Bammer fans...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n54740 said:

JD has all the physical tools, he lacks instinct and the "it factor" successful QBs need. I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll suddenly develop these necessary traits in front of a national TV audience and over 100K screaming, inbred Bammer fans...

That play where he just stared at the receiver who was wide open in front of him in the end zone tells me Driskel is just a person who spazzes it appears in stressful situations. It was like he had to fight like heck mentally to even get the pass off.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Gatorbreath;n54740 said:

That play where he just stared at the receiver who was wide open in front of him in the end zone tells me Driskel is just a person who spazzes it appears in stressful situations. It was like he had to fight like heck mentally to even get the pass off.
Agreed. Great example. I'd add the bizarre, shot put-like pick he threw, too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Another heaping, steaming pile of driskel.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n53925 said:
Really?

Haven't you guys learned yet? Every first time starter or freshman in the country manages to show up our Dunce.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I guess the QB comparisons with Simms are over for now.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Gatorbreath;n54740 said:

He stares them down every play and unless they are wide open he throws a ball that cannot be intercepted and usually out of reach by receiver as well. His main priority though is no ints!

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I've been slow to be overly critical of JD. But he really gave us nothing out of the position today. I thought the o-line gave him enough time to make some plays today. I'm afraid he just doesn't see the field well. The good ones throw people open. The others throw when they're open.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you can't pass and you can't run, and you are a turnover machine, how could you possibly give us the best chance to win?

I also love the circular logic. Driskel gives us the best chance to win because he's had all the reps. No one else can play or practice with the 1s because Driskel gives us the best chance to win.

WTF is this boycrush Chimp has on Driskel? I swear I've never seen anything like it.

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mush dawg does not have a clue. The team is on auto pilot. Until we get a HBC that can actually coach we will keep regressing. Fix your mistake Foley!!'

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sas is correct. Putting this all on JD is wrong. He's been put through the ringer, endured terrible coaching and is the starter simply because after 4 years, WM hasn't found someone better. I get frustrated with him, but he's clearly not the real issue here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.