Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n211065 said:
I think Muschamp and co turned him into a basket case. I hope his current coach helps him get some confidence. He has talent.

I think he's still messed up after the 4 years under MEeschimp's masterful tutelage and supreme judgement to leave him in no matter what the effects were on him, his game, his relationsip with the team,, and , oh yeah, the game itself.

While Spurrier would have pulled him appropriately, I can't help but wonder what might have happened if Spurrier had gotten his hands on him when he first got to UF. Don't know if it would have made a difference in ball skills, but it sure would have saved him from being in such a pressurized interpersonal position with teammates, fans, and also with his self image, and let him enjoy being part of the team.. MEonlychimp's stubborness and ego put Driskel in an untennable position for someone his age. If Spurrier had pulled him or never started him, Driskel would have been OK and also would have had a much better team and college experience.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n211439 said:
I think he's still messed up after the 4 years under MEeschimp's masterful tutelage and supreme judgement to leave him in no matter what the effects were on him, his game, his relationsip with the team,, and , oh yeah, the game itself.

While Spurrier would have pulled him appropriately, I can't help but wonder what might have happened if Spurrier had gotten his hands on him when he first got to UF. Don't know if it would have made a difference in ball skills, but it sure would have saved him from being in such a pressurized interpersonal position with teammates, fans, and also with his self image, and let him enjoy being part of the team.. MEonlychimp's stubborness and ego put Driskel in an untennable position for someone his age. If Spurrier had pulled him or never started him, Driskel would have been OK and also would have had a much better team and college experience.
I have to agree, you could even see when he was finally pulled in the TN game he looked relieved. And later when Harris was starting he seemed a lot lighter on the sidelines,

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was always said by reporters and coaches alike that Jeff had all the physical tools needed to be an outstanding QB. His problem was, and always will be, when he gets under pressure he looks for the first target to get rid of the ball to, rather than the first "open" target to get rid of the ball to (or out of bounds if none exist).

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

He cares what you think. Really.

Attachments

• conv_3038.jpeg
    conv_3038.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 26

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Doug Johnson forced a lot of dumb throws. I don't think Spurrier could have "fixed" this kid.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n211443 said:
I have to agree, you could even see when he was finally pulled in the TN game he looked relieved. And later when Harris was starting he seemed a lot lighter on the sidelines,

Exactly! You could increasingly see he was in anguish out there being humiliated and dispised and would welcome a replacement after quarters of consistent bad throws, interceptions, and sacks. Muchchump sacrificed driskel as well as games because of his tunnel vision, fear, immaturity, stubbornness and fragile ego.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
hqdefault.jpg

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n211065 said:
I think Muschamp and co turned him into a basket case. I hope his current coach helps him get some confidence. He has talent.

Muschamp turned everyone who cares about UF football into basket cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.