DT Jay-nard Bostwick granted release

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Florida DT Jay-nard Bostwick granted transfer releaseThomas Goldkamp*-*11 minutes ago3 *Newsletter Florida redshirt sophomore defensive tackle*Jay-nard Bostwick*has not been with the team since the 2014 season ended, and GatorBait.net has learned that he has been granted a release allowing other schools to contact him about a possible transfer. Bostwick did not participate in spring practice due to what new coach*Jim McElwain*called "personal issues." He has yet to return to the team since, with McElwain once again confirming he was still away from the team as recently as SEC Media Days last week. The 6-foot-3, 283-pound defensive tackle redshirted as a freshman in 2013 before playing a limited role as a backup in 2014. He was suspended for the team's season opener against Idaho for an undisclosed violation of team rules and recorded just one tackle on the year. 247Sports reporter Luke Stampini contributed to this report.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Depth is not an issue on the DL.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n251117 said:
Depth is not an issue on the DL.

What is our depth chart there? It makes me a little nervous because I don't think their is a lot of major top level SEC talent there except for Bullard and I don't think having 2 great corners is enough in the SEC.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With Brantley, Bryan and Joey Ivie we should be alright. If either one of Thomas Holley or Clark can slide into the rotation effectively we'll be in good shape here.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbait25;n251125 said:
With Brantley, Bryan and Joey Ivie we should be alright. If either one of Thomas Holley or Clark can slide into the rotation effectively we'll be in good shape here.

Not a ton of production there but hopefully they take a step forward this season. I am hoping McCalister bulked up just a little as he is a good pass rushing threat which we will need badly this season.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n251121 said:
What is our depth chart there? It makes me a little nervous because I don't think their is a lot of major top level SEC talent there except for Bullard and I don't think having 2 great corners is enough in the SEC.

We're loaded with talent. Albeit, young talent. Bostick obviously gone now. Clark, Brantley, Holley, Bullard, and Jefferson are all 5 star talent. Clark has had some issues with weight. Jefferson is probably going to be a pure DE so he may not belong in the DT discussion. The Iveys are very talented as well. Bryan is a 2 or 3 star but may end up being a 4/5 star talent.

98Luke AncrumDL6' 5"251FRHSSebring/Sebring
99Jay-nard BostwickDL6' 3"283RSO1LPort Saint Lucie/West Centennial
57Caleb BrantleyDL6' 2"314RSO1LCrescent City/Crescent City
93Taven BryanDL6' 5"292RFRSQCasper, Wyo./Natrona County
90Jonathan BullardDL6' 3"283SR3LShelby, N.C./Crest Senior
54Khairi ClarkDL6' 2"321RFRSQHollywood/Chaminade-Madonna
94Bryan Cox, Jr.DL6' 3"268RJR2LFt. Lauderdale/St. Thomas Aquinas
55Thomas HolleyDL6' 3"320RFRSQBrooklyn, N.Y./Lincoln
62Andrew IvieDL6' 1"302FRHSDade City/Pasco
91Joey IvieDL6' 3"295JR2LDade City/Pasco
96Cece JeffersonDL6' 1"275FRHSGlen St. Mary/Baker County
59Dakota WilsonDL6' 0"269RSRSQBradenton/Braden River
92Jabari ZunigaDL6' 3"263FRHSMarietta, Ga./Sprayberry

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n251139 said:
We're loaded with talent. Albeit, young talent. Bostick obviously gone now. Clark, Brantley, Holley, Bullard, and Jefferson are all 5 star talent. Clark has had some issues with weight. Jefferson is probably going to be a pure DE so he may not belong in the DT discussion. The Iveys are very talented as well. Bryan is a 2 or 3 star but may end up being a 4/5 star talent.

98Luke AncrumDL6' 5"251FRHSSebring/Sebring
99Jay-nard BostwickDL6' 3"283RSO1LPort Saint Lucie/West Centennial
57Caleb BrantleyDL6' 2"314RSO1LCrescent City/Crescent City
93Taven BryanDL6' 5"292RFRSQCasper, Wyo./Natrona County
90Jonathan BullardDL6' 3"283SR3LShelby, N.C./Crest Senior
54Khairi ClarkDL6' 2"321RFRSQHollywood/Chaminade-Madonna
94Bryan Cox, Jr.DL6' 3"268RJR2LFt. Lauderdale/St. Thomas Aquinas
55Thomas HolleyDL6' 3"320RFRSQBrooklyn, N.Y./Lincoln
62Andrew IvieDL6' 1"302FRHSDade City/Pasco
91Joey IvieDL6' 3"295JR2LDade City/Pasco
96Cece JeffersonDL6' 1"275FRHSGlen St. Mary/Baker County
59Dakota WilsonDL6' 0"269RSRSQBradenton/Braden River
92Jabari ZunigaDL6' 3"263FRHSMarietta, Ga./Sprayberry

It looks pretty good looking at that. I hope McCalister or that new recruit can be the force we need off the edge to pass rush on obvious passing downs.

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
Now Bryan "may end up being a 4/5 talent"? It's amazing how gullible some of you are. Bryant hasn't played a down, and you're silly enough to listen to coaches or players after going against UF's offensive line? Guess what, the same kind of baloney was being bandied about during Bostwick's redshirt year, with some questioning the coach's decision to not play him in 2013. UF's defensive line is a big question mark, especially at tackle if Bullard is returned to the outside, since he's the only returning player that was a force inside, It's like the poster who said all of UF's secoadary player were "great." UF's safeties suck, but now they are "great?" I think this blog is akin to FoxNews, it's filled with folks who don't want to hear anything that detracts from their illusions. I am convinced that they'll be just as shocked as FoxNews was when Obama was easily reelected. When UF is mediocre again, they won't understand and will come with some excuse, when the answer is obvious. Florida is not "as talented as anyone," far from it. As Spurrier advised MCElwain about UF getting better he said you need to get better players.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zuniga is the interesting prospect. He was said to have a frame that would support a 300lb weight. If he comes into camp at 280lbs, he could be an interesting guy to watch. Whether he plays a backup role at End this year or RS's to put on weight, I have a good feeling about that kid.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n251121 said:
Brantley, Clark, Holley, Jefferson are very much top level SEC talent...they just don't have much experience...or any experience (Clark/Holley/Jefferson). Those guys were very very highly recruited so we'll see.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Look for Bryan Cox Jr. to have a very good year in 2015, probably not All Conference good but on the field and making plays. He's a guy who has gotten bigger and stronger every year he's been here and I could really see him coming into his own this year.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Wow. 2 JR and the rest are underclassmen. There will be a learning curve, but it appears we have the bodies and this will set up well for the subsequent years.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n251169 said:
Zuniga is the interesting prospect. He was said to have a frame that would support a 300lb weight. If he comes into camp at 280lbs, he could be an interesting guy to watch. Whether he plays a backup role at End this year or RS's to put on weight, I have a good feeling about that kid.

Love this kid.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Another potential waste of talent. Seems these kids might know football but lack brains to realize how far they can go if they can stay out of trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator