Founding Member
giphy.gif

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
One of the dumbest calls in such a tight situation. I could see if you were losing, but again. Dumb call.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If I didn't know any better that was more like Ray Goof and Kirby Dumb.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Another one for the record books happened in 2002. Marty Morningwheg, coach of the Lions at the time, in OT wins the coin toss, but takes the wind. The Bears get the ball and kick a FG. Game over.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Another one for the record books happened in 2002. Marty Morningwheg, coach of the Lions at the time, in OT wins the coin toss, but takes the wind. The Bears get the ball and kick a FG. Game over.

Marty Morningwheg is on the list of worst NFL coaches of all time along with Rich Kotite and Ray Handley, precisely for things like that.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
What a tool. Has no concept of risk/reward. Convert and you might have a chance to win the game. Fail and you lose. Brilliant.

Kudos to you sir for joining the game management, risk/reward thinking team. I talk about it all the time regardless of the result of the play. it is why I so desperately wanted a coach who can manage the game b/c as that game showed, the difference in games like that can be so small, that every play truly counts. Look at how Bama blew the chance on their first drive of the game. managing situations is critical in games where the teams are almost equal.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Everything was against making that fake punt call, if he wanted to go for it then he should have left his offense on the field as they had been having success all game. It was a mind boggling bad decision which made it deliciously good for us. Did that UGA youtube guy have any more 30 year old coke to chug?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If they needed less than 5 yards, I could at least see the justification. 11 yards? It's a near-impossible pickup, especially on the ground.

I'm with Donkey, Fields never looked to pass. At all.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I was sitting back down right around the time the snap was being taken. I really thought they were just going for a 4 and 11. Never once have I thought it was a fake punt. Once they played it and Fields got stuffed, announcers calling it a fake punt, I was flabergasted at the stupidity. Who in that stadium was fooled? Only ones that got fooled are Kirby and co for thinking bama is ready to receive...

Last edited:

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Compare UGA's disastrous attempt at a fake punt and Mullen's masterpiece of a fake punt against Vandy. We have the better coach. Once we get the players we will dominate the SEC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator