Dumbest playcall of all time? UGA fans melting down

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I actually hate Notra Lame a lot more than Georgia. Just saying, and if Ox wants to ban me that would be fine with me too.
No one is more hated than the Shyteaters, and they deserve everything they’re not winning.

Fvvck em, and anyone that looks like em.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Then you might need to watch the game again. They went conservative on offense instead of continuing to attack downfield with Fromm. And the decision to put Fields in (and I'm not talking about the fake punt). Stupid.
Maybe you should watch the game again, because they did continue throwing downfield and to the sides like they had previously, except bama secondary starting making plays. And that other fields play you're talking about where the announcers where like, "why would they pull fromm right there?" Fromm threw for a 1st on the next play and they kept driving, so clearly that wasn't a terrible call.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I really believe they belonged in the four in place of Notra Lame, but such is the decision.

Notre Dame went undefeated--beating teams from the ACC, Big 10, SEC, and Pac 10; including 3 ranked teams and 1 in the top 7 (Michigan). UGAy beat two ranked teams (Florida and Kentucky) and lost to 2 others (Bama and LSU).

Sorry: they had their chance and they blew it. And I'm 100% happy they did too.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Maybe you should watch the game again, because they did continue throwing downfield and to the sides like they had previously, except bama secondary starting making plays. And that other fields play you're talking about where the announcers where like, "why would they pull fromm right there?" Fromm threw for a 1st on the next play and they kept driving, so clearly that wasn't a terrible call.

Seriously, you watched that game and didn't sense a little Muschamp in the air?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, you watched that game and didn't sense a little Muschamp in the air?
Yeah, totally. I clearly remember muschamp marching up and down the field on bama for 3.5 qtrs; scratch that, make it about 6 of 8 total including last year. Is their coach a master tactician like saban or an offensive mastermind like spurrier? No, but if you honestly wanna delude yourself into believing that kirby and chump are the same, despite the fact that UGA has been arguably the second best team in the country for the last 24 months, then there's nothing left for us to discuss. He's most certainly got a knack for choking in the biggest of big moments in the biggest of big games, but thats a far cry from a dude whos teams are horribly undisciplined, poorly coached and completely incapable of doing the most basic of things correctly with any consistency. And that doesnt even touch how dreadful they are on offense.

Yeah, muschamp is just like smart.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Unbelievable. Stepped on his pecker big time. Best guess is he lost confidence in his D against Hurts or got talked into the fake by assistants/made the call himself. Reeked of panic. Was he not confident of in-game defensive adjustment capabilities? Punt and cover, live to keep fighting. As another poster stated, the risk/reward analysis was not soundly calculated. This decision will age him considerably.
He looked ill in the post-game conference. You could see the agony on his face.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Yeah, totally. I clearly remember muschamp marching up and down the field on bama for 3.5 qtrs; scratch that, make it about 6 of 8 total including last year. Is their coach a master tactician like saban or an offensive mastermind like spurrier? No, but if you honestly wanna delude yourself into believing that kirby and chump are the same, despite the fact that UGA has been arguably the second best team in the country for the last 24 months, then there's nothing left for us to discuss. He's most certainly got a knack for choking in the biggest of big moments in the biggest of big games, but thats a far cry from a dude whos teams are horribly undisciplined, poorly coached and completely incapable of doing the most basic of things correctly with any consistency. And that doesnt even touch how dreadful they are on offense.

Yeah, muschamp is just like smart.
Smart has a great team, but I was sensing offensive conservatism, especially in the next to last drive. Maybe I should go back and watch it again but I remember thinking that at the time. And, as an Alabama fan, I was very happy about it. Georgia had the lead and Alabama could not catch up if Georgia kept scoring .

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
i really think that one might have permanently sunk the dagger in em. will they ever recover?

Can’t say. That old warlock Dooley was the only coach capable of pulling out the big game and since he retired choking has become embedded in their program’s DNA.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Smart has a great team, but I was sensing offensive conservatism, especially in the next to last drive. Maybe I should go back and watch it again but I remember thinking that at the time. And, as an Alabama fan, I was very happy about it. Georgia had the lead and Alabama could not catch up if Georgia kept scoring .
i think you should because they didnt go conservative. it was mostly fromm throwing, but your d line had started to get some pressure, and your secondary had started making plays and covering dudes tight. Also, some crazy passes that dwags caught early, they weren't able to reel in late. Bottom line is pressure was on the team once bama grabbed a little mo... but the playcalling didnt turtle up by any stretch. They just weren't having the same success they had early with the same plays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.