Dusty Rhodes Dead

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n235047 said:

Yes thanks, spelling is one of my many deficient talents and on here the spell check only works sometimes.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n234992 said:
Boston Crab .

Didn't Sting use a variation of this called the Scorpion Death lock (or something like that) for a finishing move?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
bradgator2;n235059 said:
I was born and raised in Jax. After reading all these comments... I guess I never realized how "Florida" those early wrestling days were.

Appreciate that most of this is being written by people who lived in Florida and followed rasslin. I can't say if Kansas or Washington had similar home grown wrestling leagues with regional cable programming. We all just knew what we had in Florida, and I recall some of it stretching to Georgia.. However, iirc most of what launched WWE was the wrestling characters we grew up with in Florida, so I believe it is safe to say that if there were pockets of it elsewhere in the country it was nowhere as strong as what we had, and that ours was the seed for the next generation's WWE.

I know growing up in G'ville, my weekends were heavliy filled with Saturday morning cartoons, Florida Wrestling, and Kung Fu Theatre when the USA network launched. And yes, I was too young to appreciate Gator football at the time, not that it was something to take note of in that era.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's some really funny background on Sputnik Monroe

[video=youtube;i9oFOmSTCsc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9oFOmSTCsc[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.