Dwyane Wade signs with Bulls for $47 million

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A ridiculously dumb move by the Bulls, who after trading Derrick Rose, 27, to the Knicks vowed to get younger and resisted the temptation to ship Jimmy Butler elsewhere. Now they've got two ball-hogging shooting guards in the backcourt, one of them 34 years old with aching knees.

Wade, a Chicago native, leaves Miami after 13 seasons, 12 All-Star appearances and three NBA titles.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16840869/dwyane-wade-committed-join-chicago-bulls

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The bulls only committed to 2 years of wade, they did it after everyone better had already gone elsewhere, and it's not even close to the worst deal made this week.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
South Florida sports fans are going berserk as the most beloved athlete since Dan Marino leaves in a huff. People are jumping off the causeways as we speak! (Okay, that's hyperbole, but you get the picture.)

Wasn't about the money offered - if you figure in the state income tax, the Heat offer is within a couple mil. I believe this is because of Wade's wounded pride. The Heat signed giant teenager-like Hassan Whiteside and took a run at Durant before giving him their best offer. This was also the final stab in Pat Riley's back by Wade's best friend.

By the way, Wade just had his best season in years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wade met twice with the Bulls in 2010 before resigning with the Heat and joining forces with LeBron. The general feeling at the time was he used it as leverage. You're more up with the behind-the-scenes stuff in Miami than me, ppines, but I think Wade always had playing for his hometown Bulls in the back of his mind.

Who knows? Maybe a backcourt of Wade and Rondo can make them serious contenders. But where does that leave Butler? Back at small forward? This had become his team. I wonder what he thinks about all this.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wade met twice with the Bulls in 2010 before resigning with the Heat and joining forces with LeBron. The general feeling at the time was he used it as leverage. You're more up with the behind-the-scenes stuff in Miami than me, ppines, but I think Wade always had playing for his hometown Bulls in the back of his mind.

Who knows? Maybe a backcourt of Wade and Rondo can make them serious contenders. But where does that leave Butler? Back at small forward? This had become his team. I wonder what he thinks about all this.
I heard Butler was recruiting non-stop.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
A 34 year old Wade? At guard? Bad knees. Terrible signing.

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
South Florida sports fans are going berserk as the most beloved athlete since Dan Marino leaves in a huff. People are jumping off the causeways as we speak! (Okay, that's hyperbole, but you get the picture.)

Wasn't about the money offered - if you figure in the state income tax, the Heat offer is within a couple mil. I believe this is because of Wade's wounded pride. The Heat signed giant teenager-like Hassan Whiteside and took a run at Durant before giving him their best offer. This was also the final stab in Pat Riley's back by Wade's best friend.

You lost at me at "South Florida sports fans". Does not compute!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yep he didn't like how Riley was treating him. Wade probably has one really good year left if he can stay relatively healthy like he did this past season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Serious contenders?. Wade and rondo don't have one good knee between the two of em. That's also a terrible shooting back court. They're going to be awful.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member

Maybe. Wade's seasons are definitely numbered. But the Heat did pretty well in the playoffs, even without Bosh. Assuming he's healthy enough to play next year, and with Wade and the rest of the lineup, they are pretty competitive.

There's not that much talent left to sign with what would have been Wade's money.. Certainly no one who can consistently put up under pressure point like Wade.

So Riley's pretty much writing off the next season. Yes, the Heat's young blood will get more court time and will develop more. But the best Heat fans can hope for is maybe a 7 or 8 seed next year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe. Wade's seasons are definitely numbered. But the Heat did pretty well in the playoffs, even without Bosh. Assuming he's healthy enough to play next year, and with Wade and the rest of the lineup, they are pretty competitive.

There's not that much talent left to sign with what would have been Wade's money.. Certainly no one who can consistently put up under pressure point like Wade.

So Riley's pretty much writing off the next season. Yes, the Heat's young blood will get more court time and will develop more. But the best Heat fans can hope for is maybe a 7 or 8 seed next year.

If Riley was assuming next year is a wash, for the free agents the following year. Then if this is the strategy, it's understandable. Especially not wanting to pay a guy whose health is questionable at best 20+ Million a year. If they strike out in 2017 Free Agency, then it's bad all around.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Serious contenders?. Wade and rondo don't have one good knee between the two of em. That's also a terrible shooting back court. They're going to be awful.

If they're awful, it'll be because of defense, not shooting. You've forgotten that this team has Butler, Mirotic and McDermott, all of them good shooters. Wade and Rondo are all about getting the ball near the hoop. That said, Hoiberg's teams show little interest in guarding anyone.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Bulls are one of the worst franchises in all of sports...just despicable that clown show is allowed to continue

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bulls are one of the worst franchises in all of sports...just despicable that clown show is allowed to continue
Sadly, I have to agree. I thought they finally had a breakthrough with the drafting of Noah and Rose and bringing in Thibs to lead them. They've dismantled the whole thing once again. Forman is an awful GM and Pax isn't much better.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If they're awful, it'll be because of defense, not shooting. You've forgotten that this team has Butler, Mirotic and McDermott, all of them good shooters. Wade and Rondo are all about getting the ball near the hoop. That said, Hoiberg's teams show little interest in guarding anyone.
Idk about that. Wade, rondo and butler are all pretty good defenders. Awful was probably harsh. They may be pretty decent if wade and rondo can stay healthym

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Idk about that. Wade, rondo and butler are all pretty good defenders. Awful was probably harsh. They may be pretty decent if wade and rondo can stay healthym
Decent in the Eastern conference is like being the tallest midget.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Decent in the Eastern conference is like being the tallest midget.
Other than golden state, who's gonna be worth a shcit in the west? Really there's only 2 teams in the nba now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator