Early Enrollees

M

Mr. Jones

Founding Member
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n239424 said:
I just worry about other schools getting in his ear while he's not on campus. I know Dee Finley came back, and sucked, but haven't we lost a couple of guys who went this route over the years?

He wanted to go to Auburn, but they knew he would not qualify, so they told him to hit the road. Florida took a chance on him, but I would think Auburn still has the upper hand since that's where he really wanted to go and UF was just a sucker that was desperate enough to sign him.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Mr. Jones;n239436 said:
He wanted to go to Auburn, but they knew he would not qualify, so they told him to hit the road. Florida took a chance on him, but I would think Auburn still has the upper hand since that's where he really wanted to go and UF was just a sucker that was desperate enough to sign him.
:orly:

Dec 10, 2014
Mr. Jones;n239436 said:

Attachments

• conv_3529.jpg
    conv_3529.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 28

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mr. Jones;n239436 said:

Funny because you're not qualified to be here....yet you keep getting in.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I just worry about other schools getting in his ear while he's not on campus. I know Dee Finley came back, and sucked, but haven't we lost a couple of guys who went this route over the years?
Bro we've lost several that way! The last player who went the JUCO route and came back (that I can remember) was Reggie Nelson. In other words there's a great chance he'll never play for us.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

If he goes to prep school instead of JUCO we are out of the running I guess. I think you have to have your AA degree to come to Florida as a transfer. Or is prep school not considered a transfer and they can come to UF after a year?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n239497 said:
If he goes to prep school instead of JUCO we are out of the running I guess. I think you have to have your AA degree to come to Florida as a transfer. Or is prep school not considered a transfer and they can come to UF after a year?

I'm not sure myself.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Gator Fever;n239497 said:
Spivey said yesterday that we want him to go the "Prep Route" because it doesn't open back up his recruitment and he'll be able to join the team in a year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Prep counts as another year in HS.

M

Mr. Jones

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see some are still having fantasies about McGriff. Forget him, or it would have been smarter to never expect him to make it to UF in the first place. The latest hiccup is Kelvonnis Davis, the two star defensive end that UF wrangled away from that might football power, Oregon State. According to 247, he has "issues" right now. The other one that hasn't showed up is Camrin Knight, a tight end from the feeder school for UF, Tallahassee Lincoln. I would expect some type of logistical issue with him, and that he will show up before classes start next week. Neither player is anyone to get excited about anyway. The most critical news upcoming is whether J.C. Jackson is in class next week. He's actually someone that was expected to be a starter this year, and McElwain has given every appearance of trying to desperately hold on to him. I think he's history, but there are still a couple of more days to see if that's true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.