Early Entry on the Christmas List - Flyboards

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Wow. Pure Awesome.

The Flyboard Air is an Actual Hoverboard Powered by Four 250HP Engines

But how does it work? A magic blast of awesome is the first answer that comes to mind, but of course this isn’t the case. The board is powered by four 250HP engines for a total of, yep, 1000HP, more than most supercars. Each engine can then be manipulated separately to change the angle and thrust. This power is stabilized using a logic board and algorithms along with the balance and control from the rider. The rider himself is wearing what looks like a backpack. It is, in fact, a backpack. A backpack full of kerosene Jet A-1.

But what about if something goes wrong? Since the risk of crashing is high, and it’s already happened at least once to Zapata, safety is a big concern for the Flyboard Air. It’s built in such a way that if one turbo-reactor fails it will continuing flying. So far, Zapata has only flown the device over water, but the first flight over land will happen in the next few months, where Zapata hopes to break the two-mile range barrier with a top speed of 80 km/h. The device itself is capable of going 90-100 km/h, but during flight tests Zapata hit the rim at 55 km/h.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well on our way to a real life Iron Man :suspect:

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member