Recruiting Early Signing Day 2021

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can one of y'all explain it to me?

I am clueless on how the figure Total # and each season...and COVID makes it worse.

I wish they would say 90 Total with 10 walk-ons...Period. Allow 1 Free Transfer...Any Reason. If 1 leaves...you can add 1.

The rules are made to be manipulated by coaches like Saban and Harbaugh. Other Coaches catch on fast or are left in the dust....it’s somewhat tougher on us because of academics and stick in the mud Presidents. 85 is the limit is about the only thing you can rely on and Saban avoids that by using gray shirts that pay their “own way” for one semester or wait and enroll in January. Saban types also strongly recommend transfer outs as needed.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I do think that CDM's recruiting problems derive from his personality. He has trouble dealing with cocky 5 stars and that is doubled in spades with cocky, high recruited QBs. Notice that he has no trouble recruiting them after their cockiness has been knocked out of them at another school.
I can see how Saban lands 5 stars. His personality is dynamic!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Corralling a bunch of 4* in "gray-shirt land" eliminates competitive schools getting them and the positive publicity those recruits could bring to those other schools.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And yet ... we just added eleven (11) 3 stars.

Trask is a zero star. I’ll take 11 three stars every year if the remainder are 4 and 5 stars. We just got 3 of the top 8 Florida players. Butters didn’t get any of the top 50. Plus, stars don’t tell the whole story. See Kirby Smart....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Trask is a zero star. I’ll take 11 three stars every year if the remainder are 4 and 5 stars. We just got 3 of the top 8 Florida players. Butters didn’t get any of the top 50. Plus, stars don’t tell the whole story.

:mac:

We got three top 50 player.

Alabama got 7.

PS Butters:
#2015 2 top 50 and 11 3*
2016 3/ 14
2017 0 /7 (but 14 low 4* -- Dullen and Sharky feed out of the same 5.8 5.9 low 4 star trough).

Yeah, Ole Dorky Dullen sure is tearing it up.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
?? It means Bama takes "4-star Januka" off the signing-board over & beyond the normal limits. UF cannot sign him and get the positive publicity that might cause other high-recruits positive thoughts on UF.
let me smoke some crack later and see if this makes any sense.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
most every position is a three star.

Donk...we get it. We are not Top 5.

We are Top 10 and we don't have the coaching to make up the difference.

Admit...its good but not Elite...Elite is for the Student Body...except Athletes

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Until last week, against Uk and uga, I feel like we’ve scored on every first possession all season. And if nothing else, outside of maybe 3-4 games, we’ve completely owned the first half. So I’m not sure what you’re even talking about with your “game prep” ramble.

And for your 12 years comment, you think that has anything to do with being at Msu for 9 of those years? For that matter, including 2001, Spurrier went 12 years without a trophy to finish his career, and only only had 1 in his final 16 seasons as head coach. Do you think that would’ve happened if all those years were spent at UF?

Look, no one here told you to drink a gallon of rum on Thursday in between depos, so don’t bring that negativity around.
you've got to be kidding. We've played like azz in the first half since mid season. In some of those games did we score on the first drive? Yep, then often followed it up with a whole lot facepalming. It's not fantasy when you have all the other SEC fans in your office routinely ask why florida plays so poorly until after halftime. They see it, and I think you do too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb