Status
Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like his hs coach is trying his hardest to down play his visit here. He may not be in play, he may be just trying to get out of the cold ass weather. But if he's not seriously giving florida a look then why make the trip across the country the day after richt gets fired? Sounds like his coach is protecting his kid from Georgia fans.
yeah, that coach is putting on a heck of a sales pitch. I get the feeling he is trying to grab some publicity for himself. Do you think this kid's dad will let him play for a defensive minded head coach? Or a proven QB developer? And btw, Grier may transfer. We have a legit shot gentlemen.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
His high school coach really needs to shut his mouth and stop grandstanding. That family will do what is best for their son and "IF" by chance he falls in love with UF and the, knowing he could start from day one, that's up to him. I have no problem with the coach saying he is a great kid and all but to make it out like he knows for almost a fact he will go to UGA makes me wonder what may be happening behind the scene between coach and uga. Has a very familiar ring ala CeCe Jefferson last year with is dad and Bama, some one else who assumed they knew where the young man should go.... Something fishy in his words

Sep 29, 2015
I like to think Mac can leverage the Northwest connection with this kid. Montana is not exactly Pacific Northwest, but it's in the neighborhood. In addition to the more important considerations, maybe he can make the kid feel more at home in Gainesville.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Another crazy thought to this scenario... while highly unlikely, has anyone else thought this young fella may have already gotten into the rivalry to the point he scheduled this visit with the intent on scaring Franks away from us so he didn't have to compete against him while at the leghumpers? Discuss :giggle:

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
According to sports radio here in Atlanta this morning...Eason is attending some Dawg gala with his parents Dec 11th and 12th and doing the UF visit solo. Shortly after these dates, the quiet period kicks in and he's supposed to start classes early January. Read into that what you will. He's also done all the paperwork, financial aid, etc. with UGA. I'm sure if he did change his mind, UF staff would jump through hoops an all of this. To me this sounds like a whole bunch of unwinding would have to take place and very long shot.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
According to sports radio here in Atlanta this morning...Eason is attending some Dawg gala with his parents Dec 11th and 12th and doing the UF visit solo. Shortly after these dates, the quiet period kicks in and he's supposed to start classes early January. Read into that what you will. He's also done all the paperwork, financial aid, etc. with UGA. I'm sure if he did change his mind, UF staff would jump through hoops an all of this. To me this sounds like a whole bunch of unwinding would have to take place and very long shot.

Yes, but.....they just fired their head coach (and probably most of his staff). That's a pretty radical change to what he and his family had developed up to this point. Coach Smart will have to build a relationship in a short period of time and assure him that whatever OC they hire will be a good fit and the best developer of Eason's skills. In my mind the fact that technical steps leading to enrollment are already in place is dwarfed by the fact that the coach he knew and committed to is no longer in charge.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Being said up here (ATL) that it's between us and UGA. I would say we've got about a 20% chance of flipping him based on the fact he's been committed to them for 18 months, they're getting his last visit, etc..

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The issue about paperwork is a non-issue. We probably already have paperwork ready for him to complete before he leaves, if it wasn't sent prior to is visit. We'll get everything done in time.

I put our chances around 40%. UGA has bigger expectations to meet. I'm sure it'll be easier for Mac to impress him because expectations cannot be high for him concerning UF. UGA on the other hand....he's seen UGA and has high expectations. If Kirby falls short, I see him swinging our way. I think he'll give Mac the benefit of the doubt for a couple reasons: Mac's reputation and what Mac has done this year.

I still think it will be difficult to flip him, but I give us a great shot.

Don't forget he wants to attend with the #1 TE, and we've seen what Mac can do with TE's

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's where I saw the quote.
http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2015/1...ason-official-visit-florida-gators-recruiting

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

That's a very interesting article. Coach Mack always sends out a tweet that says #Chomp Chomp. But it looks like he did not do one for Franks.

Below is an interesting segment from the article.

But Florida — which still hasn't sent out either a #ChompChomp tweet to acknowledge Franks committing or a graphic touting his intention to enroll early — might be looking around due to Franks's actions, too. And one important difference between Franks and Florida is that, thanks to NCAA rules, Franks can say things out loud about that, while the Gators cannot.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
That's a very interesting article. Coach Mack always sends out a tweet that says #Chomp Chomp. But it looks like he did not do one for Franks.

Below is an interesting segment from the article.

Doesnt Mac normally wait until the paperwork is in before he comments?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he has to by NCAA rule. There's another thread I commented on earlier about LSU getting into some trouble with an early enrollee who changed his commitment. It's confusing as hell to me.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
I think he has to by NCAA rule. There's another thread I commented on earlier about LSU getting into some trouble with an early enrollee who changed his commitment. It's confusing as hell to me.

May be smart not to risk it until these guys are done playing musical chairs.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
he can tweet the chompchomp because it doesn't mention names. he can't send out the EE stuff until all the paperwork is in and signed.

the lack of the chompchomp tweet is the first time Mac has done that

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the lack of the chompchomp tweet is the first time Mac has done that
That's an interesting point. Makes you think Franks didn't exactly give JMac the impression it was a solid commit, huh?

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's an interesting point. Makes you think Franks didn't exactly give JMac the impression it was a solid commit, huh?
Maybe Mac knew about the Miles meeting

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Well if Eason is still an EE it will be an interesting time frame for Kirby Smart. I assume he will stay with 'Bama until at least after the SEC Championship game. If we win he is gone to UGA to recruit I assume. If they win and they have to deal with playoff games he may not have much time to impress Eason.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
one rumor is that Saturday will be Kirby's last game

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Well if Eason is still an EE it will be an interesting time frame for Kirby Smart. I assume he will stay with 'Bama until at least after the SEC Championship game. If we win he is gone to UGA to recruit I assume. If they win and they have to deal with playoff games he may not have much time to impress Eason.

I was thinking along these lines as well...if they win Saturday and he leaves before the finals, he's an ass in my opinion for leaving those young men when they are that close to a Natty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator