Ed O gets PAID, then quickly files for divorce

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Per the school, the new six-year agreement includes a base annual salary of $6 million. In addition, Orgeron will receive a $5 million split-dollar life insurance policy payable over the first two years of the agreement. In total, the agreement is worth more than $42 million, before bonuses.

I only calculate $41M. Didn’t see anything about a buyout.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
The new Larry Coker sure is getting paid. Good for him. I think that’s good for us too but we’ll see. Doubt he finds another Brady/Burrow combo anytime soon.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The new Larry Coker sure is getting paid. Good for him. I think that’s good for us too but we’ll see. Doubt he finds another Brady/Burrow combo anytime soon.

I’m guessing they weren’t smart enough to try to put this off for one more year, promising something huge in the works.

But the one thing of value he did show this year is the ability to humble down and adjust. It’s true that he won’t likely land that combo again(at least not right away), but it indicates his willingness to try and do so. I do give him credit for that.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
On one hand we wanna point and make fun of them for extending and giving a raise to a sub par coach, but on the other we do it for coaches who don't win $hit. I guess at least the Ogre had one amazing year but who with a functioning brain doesn't believe it'll all come crashing down next year with the massive losses they've had?

I just don't understand LSU's reasoning for doing it this year? It's not like anyone else is beating down their door to hire his @ss. This is the best job he'll ever get and I'm proud he was able to achieve it but if the people who make these kinda decisions at university's had to survive in the real business world with their money they'd be fcked.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Heart attack in waiting....

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well earned, when Mullen’s wins his National Title he should get a deal worth $1 more than coach O’s.

With them losing a big chunk of their staff, plus Burrows, he’ll go back to his plodding offense, so this is good for us that he’ll be there for a number of years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is hilarious. They're gonna be saddled with this ******* for a while:lol:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This reminds me so much of Chizik at Auburn...ride the generational QB to a championship get a big pay day and go back to sucking

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
He’s no Saban, but I’d take him over Jimbo

speaking of Jimbo - and a & m.
I was at the Marriott restaurant near the SFO airport last night and looked across the bar and said to myself- “damn that guy looks familiar”.
After a few minutes- oh yeah, Kevin Sumlin. Must have been doing some PAC-12 stuff up in San Franfecal.
With a very attractive, not his wife, blonde woman.
Not saying he was about to do some fracking, but ...looked to be teeing it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb