Ed Orgeron OUT

VolunGator

Jun 3, 2016
Yes, he did. He also infamously berated a recruit for decommitting, well before NSD, saying something along the lines of "honorable men keep their commitments." His tune changed completely when he landed the PSU gig. He promptly talked two solid recruits he had recruited to Vandy into following him to pedophile U. So much for honoring commitments. He was also a frequent critic of SOS for his supposed "mistreatment" of his players. Phukk Franklin and the horse he rode up on.

Like CDM Franklin's record at Candy when put in context is much less impressive. Simply beat other average to below- average teams. Dismal against teams with winning records much less ranked.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Doesnt matter. We cant afford empty stadiums and a full boyout is 1.5 years salary.

We still have several "for cause" issues lingering dor both Stricklin and Mullinz.
Serious Question: Do you think nothing is being done to Mullen (or Grantham) just yet because of the heat Stricklin is feeling himself? After reading about the Women’s BBall scandal, does it stand to reason that Stricklin’s authority is probably stripped for now? I’m not saying SS would do something about Mullen. Not at all. What I’m asking is Could he if he wanted to? And is it possible that we see a new AD before a new HC?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Doubt Jimbo goes anywhere. His buyout is 96 mil if fired. Lsu would never go for anything like that so hed make more money staying and never winning another game than if he left and won a natty.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
After the season for the ages they had in 2019, they couldn't wait to fire this guy. First Miles, now Orgeron, it's pretty clear they don't like winning championships at LSU.

They want a coach that will keep them at a permanent state of mediocrity. Let's hope they try to lure Dullen away from us.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Doubt Jimbo goes anywhere. His buyout is 96 mil if fired. Lsu would never go for anything like that so hed make more money staying and never winning another game than if he left and won a natty.[/QUOTE
Doubt Jimbo goes anywhere. His buyout is 96 mil if fired. Lsu would never go for anything like that so hed make more money staying and never winning another game than if he left and won a natty.
Jimbo owes A&M Zero if he chooses to leave for another job. If he wanted to, he could take the LSU job and not owe anything to get out of his recently signed 10 year deal.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
After the season for the ages they had in 2019, they couldn't wait to fire this guy. First Miles, now Orgeron, it's pretty clear they don't like winning championships at LSU.

They want a coach that will keep them at a permanent state of mediocrity. Let's hope they try to lure Dullen away from us.

The LSU AD has a penchant for hiring what he thinks are big name, competent coaches. regardless of sport. Hired Dumbo and Buzz Williams at A&M and just hired Kim Mulkey for LSU Women's BBall. To the LSU AD, Cousin Eddie is a certified loser in the world of college football.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
My point is: I don’t think he has the authority to from the heat on his own ass.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Serious Question: Do you think nothing is being done to Mullen (or Grantham) just yet because of the heat Stricklin is feeling himself? After reading about the Women’s BBall scandal, does it stand to reason that Stricklin’s authority is probably stripped for now? I’m not saying SS would do something about Mullen. Not at all. What I’m asking is Could he if he wanted to? And is it possible that we see a new AD before a new HC?
I would say it is possible both get fired at the same time. Approaching likely.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
After the season for the ages they had in 2019, they couldn't wait to fire this guy. First Miles, now Orgeron, .
Two of the dumbest mothafuchser ever in college football.

you can't seriously think those two guys had anything to do with LSU accidentally winning.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Jimbo owes A&M Zero if he chooses to leave for another job. If he wanted to, he could take the LSU job and not owe anything to get out of his recently signed 10 year deal.
read my post again, then choke yourself.

I'm saying he has zero incentive to come. He can get fired and never win another game at aTm and make tens of millions more than hell ever make at lsu going undefeated bc nobody is as dumb as the person who gave him that atm contract.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
read my post again, then choke yourself.

I'm saying he has zero incentive to come. He can get fired and never win another game at aTm and make tens of millions more than hell ever make at lsu going undefeated bc nobody is as dumb as the person who gave him that atm contract.
Uh, oh. Stricklin says "Hold my beer."

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
@BruceFeldmanCFB: LSU is expected to pay Ed Orgeron his entire buyout which is over $17 million to pursue a new coach. His record at LSU is 49-17 and he went 13-5 in games against Top 10 teams while coaching the Tigers.
Pretty sure LSU will poach aTm for Dumbo Fisherman. Now there's a guy who loyalty goes
as far as his wallet. Wave enough money under his nose and he will bolt. Besides, isn't his
cuddle buddy AD still at LSU? Two birds-of-a-feather: "Show them the Money!!"
Just do it before Christmas so the guy doesn't have to toss out a perfectly good X-Mas tree.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator