G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wanted to see what everyone uses as their everyday carry knife. Right now I am using a Benchmade Kamatura with carbon fiber handle. I'm now looking at maybe switching it up.

BM4841.jpg

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is my everyday utility knife. I use it for things like cutting twine, slicing an apple or impaling Huns.

5f3ab1c852b974c59730d2e0bf82aeda.jpg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
IMG_3924.JPG
Wanted to see what everyone uses as their everyday carry knife. Right now I am using a Benchmade Kamatura with carbon fiber handle. I'm now looking at maybe switching it up.

BM4841.jpg
Can't go wrong with a good Benchmade. Like pistols, it's about what fits YOUR hand and what YOU'RE using it for... for me, these are my three EDCs: all steel Cz-75 Compact, DPX H.E.S.T./F 2.0, and always in my truck/bag is the Havalon Piranta. I recommend that Havalon to EVERYONE for anything from opening letters to skinning an entire alligator on a single blade. The blades snap in and out, you don't sharpen it and they are surgically sharp and just flat out amazing. My taxidermist gave me one, I just buy the replacement blades.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

BM4841.jpg
PS I had no idea this part of the site existed, so thanks for yet another massive time sink in my day! ;)

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
CZ is a gem of an Iron Curtain product. I'm a fan though I've never purchased one. Maybe a 10 in my future.

G17 for me. It replaced a 229, which I hated and which was the worst junk I've ever carried. Predecessors included a P2000sk, USPc, B98 Centurian and G27. I've gone away from compacts. I have to dress with an oversized shirt or a jacket anyway so no sense in chopping 1.5 inches off the barrel.
Nothin' wrong with Glocks, even though I'm one of those "never Glock" guys but for NO rational reason! ;). That said, the CZ fits my hand like no other, and the all steel really alleviates recoil and muzzle flip, especially given its a compact. With the trigger job I did with this CZ, it's just really really nice.

I think you edited, so here's more! Yes, I prefer full size and 1911, but this CZ is too nice and it was a gift from CZ. For service, I carried a 228 for 3 years and it never failed, but too blocky for my hands. I've got a bunch of 1911's in different sizes, the CZ, the 228 I carried, the Makarov I carried in AfPak, a Ruger LCP for when I dress fancy with no jacket, and yes, ugh, a G19. ;)

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I used to carry a Kershaw but I switched to a Gerber Crucial multi tool. I use it for a ton of stuff and it's not nearly as bulky as a typical leatherman. 30 bucks on amazon.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I was a neverglocker, too. But now I'm not. :grin: You can thank the 229 for that.

Big fan of the CZ75 though. I remember when they were sort of the forbidden fruit.
Yes on the CZ regarding forbidden fruit. I remember firing one in Germany in 1987 and loved it then.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I used to carry a Kershaw but I switched to a Gerber Crucial multi tool. I use it for a ton of stuff and it's not nearly as bulky as a typical leatherman. 30 bucks on amazon.
I have Gerber multi-tools everywhere... I'm also a fan of their Fairbairn-Applegate folders and used to carry one overseas all the time. One of the guys I've used the most over the last 12 years is the grand-nephew of Fairbairn... And he's also the funniest guy i've ever met.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 4388
Can't go wrong with a good Benchmade. Like pistols, it's about what fits YOUR hand and what YOU'RE using it for... for me, these are my three EDCs: all steel Cz-75 Compact, DPX H.E.S.T./F 2.0, and always in my truck/bag is the Havalon Piranta. I recommend that Havalon to EVERYONE for anything from opening letters to skinning an entire alligator on a single blade. The blades snap in and out, you don't sharpen it and they are surgically sharp and just flat out amazing. My taxidermist gave me one, I just buy the replacement blades.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to look into them. I really like the high quality steels. Not because I'm doing anything especially harsh to the blade but they just hold their edge much longer.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was a neverglocker, too. But now I'm not. :grin: You can thank the 229 for that.

Big fan of the CZ75 though. I remember when they were sort of the forbidden fruit.
I used to think that Glocks were the ugliest things on earth and then I shot one. Didn't really change my opinion on the looks but now I carry a G19 religiously.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The recoil on my Glock compact .45 is very controllable. I use super light grip pressure when shooting it.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't worry it ain't going anywhere.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, "limp wristing" is a technical term and will result in a stoppage if your grip is weak.
You mean from the whole weapon moving backward and not allowing the inertia of the slide to fully chamber the next round?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
You mean from the whole weapon moving backward and not allowing the inertia of the slide to fully chamber the next round?
Basically yes. Purely recoil operated weapons (i.e., semi-auto pistols) require a firm grip. The problem will never appear when you are firing single, well aimed shots. It will definitely rear its ugly head if you fire pairs or in quick succession with a weak grip. The operation relies on your fairly rigid grip, wrist and arm. If you "limp wrist" you won't get proper recoil operation for extraction then feeding.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Okay. My normal drill is six metal knockdown targets with an acoustic timer. Must not be too gentle with it because I can't remember having a malfunction with the Glock.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Gerber products are 20% off on Amazon for the next 4 weeks too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb