Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actual photo of Brad and his college chums:

iu

Alex.

Pretty close. Except we didn’t have a black guy.
giphy.gif

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So the rocket equation tells us that our available Delta V is proportional to the velocity of the exhaust and the natural log of the initial mass of fuel divided by essentially mass flow rate.

dda48a06c75ce528e15e85174aca646cf9053379
That's not the mass of the fuel, it's the mass of the rocket with fuel. And neither one is a rate. They are masses before and after the burn.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I've talked about this before, but separate from "censorship" (maybe call it a different form of censorship) is that if I look something up on Wiki on my laptop in America in English, and tell a friend in say Russia to do the same on his laptop in Russian, there are often very, very different accounts of history, and I don't mean due to translation issues, I mean completely different content.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've talked about this before, but separate from "censorship" (maybe call it a different form of censorship) is that if I look something up on Wiki on my laptop in America in English, and tell a friend in say Russia to do the same on his laptop in Russian, there are often very, very different accounts of history, and I don't mean due to translation issues, I mean completely different content.
The Newspeak Encyclopedia :dunno:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
:facepalm: Like I said, "essentially". So calm your 8th grade math tits. Sorry, it was 3 years ago, not sure what my point was. But, to know your final mass you'll need to know the time of the burn and the mass flow rate because when you are actually using the equations you are generally targeting a dV and want to know your burn time. Or you want to know how much fuel is left and velocity after a burn of a certain duration.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:facepalm: Like I said, "essentially". So calm your 8th grade math tits. Sorry, it was 3 years ago, not sure what my point was. But, to know your final mass you'll need to know the time of the burn and the mass flow rate because when you are actually using the equations you are generally targeting a dV and want to know your burn time. Or you want to know how much fuel is left and velocity after a burn of a certain duration.
You should stop pretending you know what you're talking about. Your edit was wrong too and has since been corrected.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Are we upset, and cussing, over rockets? Because if so, I need to know. For me, I just push em around the air in my livingroom and make the engine noise with the back of my throat.

Stay calm and rocket on.
Sigh....you can't just make a 'back of your throat' reference without also including a mom joke. Even your mom knows that!

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Sigh....you can't just make a 'back of your throat' reference without also including a mom joke. Even your mom knows that!

Noted.

@ThreatMatrix I want to amend my previous comment. When I'm sitting criss-cross Indian style, I'm in your Mom's living room and pushing the rocket through the air. That's when I make the rocket noise using the back of my throat.

@Back Alley Gator , how was that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.