Eff him: Butters getting hired as head coach of Central Michigan

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Butters couldn't find anyone to work for him at Florida.

Imagine him trying to find a staff that'll work for him for a total of 1 mil dollars in some rinky-dink backwoods Michigan town.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nord was the worst of the worst, a guy that is not qualified to coach at Pop Warner. He was a fatass, lazy, walking embarrassment who did nothing but hurt the careers of the players unfortunate enough to take instruction from him.....assuming he actually gave any instruction. He's the worst assistant coach who ever walked a sideline since football was invented, at any level.

That fatty got SEVEN FIGURES from UF before he was mercifully fired, not surprisingly receiving absolutely no interest from anyone else.
We paid that piece of shyt over 25 million to put up a 22-16 record in hisnthree years here. His record was the same at Col State and UF, proving once again that you are what your resume says you are.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
"It was a bad situation."

He's in full backpedal now. He's trying to color the situation as complicated, many moving parts, hard to explain, a desperate attempt at obfuscation out of fear the next question is going to be, why in the hell, asswipe, didn't you report it to the University?

Death threats my azz. He was just a lazy, lying POS trying to weasel out of his top-level job because he knew he's too stupid and disorganized to run it. Central Michigan is going to get a bellyful of MacTard in a few years and toss him. Hope they have more common sense in writing contracts than Fooley - an "eject" clause should be in there, and bolded.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Yeah, it was a "bad situation".....who the hell does he think created it?
And it looks like Butters 'n Nuss is back in business! :dance:
Someone said they hope he hires Nord. There's just no way, is there? What about that pissant S&C coach?
I hear the new S&C coach is installing a pudding bar and smoothie stand in the weight room :bananarope:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Central Michigan may garner more followers than ever before, picking up anti-fans from much bigger GatorNation.
I know that I will every week check the news for Central Michigan's game results. I hope all Central Michigan assistants get early extensions but McElblame gets none.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Death threats my azz. He was just a lazy, lying POS trying to weasel out of his top-level job because he knew he's too stupid and disorganized to run it. Central Michigan is going to get a bellyful of MacTard in a few years and toss him. Hope they have more common sense in writing contracts than Fooley - an "eject" clause should be in there, and bolded.
This can't be said enough. He is the worst coach I've ever seen in modern UF history

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm going to post these here so they don't get lost in the coaching changes thread. I'm still holding out hope Greg Nord lands a job w/ Butters!!

This is the first announcement I've seen about Butters staff. He's still using some of the current staff to assist w/ recruiting (as they are still under contract), but it was reported he plans to bring in new OC & DC and no announcement about keeping any of the old CMU staff. I never heard of this guy, but said he worked at UF w/ Butters:

Central Michigan: Kevin Barbay has joined the staff we are told. Barbay spent last season as the offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach at Stephen F. Austin (FCS – TX). He previously served with McElwain at Colorado State and Florida.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
chump is infinitely better than butters, not even sure how you come to this conclusion. Chump sucks balls, but Mac is literally a walking vegetable.
Nope, I disagree. Now don’t get me wrong, Mac wasn’t a good enough coach for UF, but he was better than Muschamp. If Grier had never been suspended, we likely would have won a lot of games in the last 4 years. He did start 6-0 even though Grier wasn’t all that good yet. And I remember that game against Ole Miss and when we got the ball with about a minute & a half left in the half and thinking how Muschamp would just run out the clock. But Mac put the pedal to the metal & a minute later Powel was sprinting into the endzone & all of Gator Nation was thinking “Now we got a coach!” Turned out not to be the case, but let’s face it, no coach would have thrived with the QB scrap heap that Grier left behind. And no coach would have been able to do anything with the credit card suspensions last year, it was just too much to overcome.

That being said, Mac made the fatal mistake of running off Grier, not having his players under control (credit cards), and of having a ****ty strength & conditioning program. But there were times when he seemed like he can coach. Muschamp was a bum and a fool at virtually all times as far as I was concerned.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Wrong. WM recruited NFL talent all over the place. He just didn't know how to coach the offensive side or hire an offensive staff. Butters couldn't recruit, coach or hire a staff. WM is an avg at best hc. Jim mcelwain should've never even make the list. Hell look at how many players WM recruited that went to the NFL or coaches who got HC. gigs. Where are Nuss, Nord etc?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Nope, I disagree. Now don’t get me wrong, Mac wasn’t a good enough coach for UF, but he was better than Muschamp. If Grier had never been suspended, we likely would have won a lot of games in the last 4 years. He did start 6-0 even though Grier wasn’t all that good yet. And I remember that game against Ole Miss and when we got the ball with about a minute & a half left in the half and thinking how Muschamp would just run out the clock. But Mac put the pedal to the metal & a minute later Powel was sprinting into the endzone & all of Gator Nation was thinking “Now we got a coach!” Turned out not to be the case, but let’s face it, no coach would have thrived with the QB scrap heap that Grier left behind. And no coach would have been able to do anything with the credit card suspensions last year, it was just too much to overcome.

That being said, Mac made the fatal mistake of running off Grier, not having his players under control (credit cards), and of having a ****ty strength & conditioning program. But there were times when he seemed like he can coach. Muschamp was a bum and a fool at virtually all times as far as I was concerned.
This is a man who didn't read the "anonymous players" thread. Muschamp is incompetent but Butters is incompetent AND lazy, which is far worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.