Eff him: Butters getting hired as head coach of Central Michigan

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Other than Don Devoe, Mac is the worst coach at UF in any sport during my lifetime.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Other than Don Devoe, Mac is the worst coach at UF in any sport during my lifetime.
Mac is my generation’s 0-10-1. I’ll be giving my kids schit in 20 years when they’re complaining about losing a game or two; “At least you didn’t have to live through the years of Butters.”

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You forgot stubborn.
And arrogant.

Lazy-- lazy comes first bc it is his primary trait-- incompetent, stubborn and arrogant. I feel like we need another lazy in there.

Last edited:

SGAGator

Jun 6, 2016
Thanks Foley !!!
Can’t believe UAA still paying him after all the $$$ he cost us in buyouts alone

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't Butters show up carrying a Bama bag? Sums the whole experiment up nicely
We actually had pumpers claiming Butters was the real reason Saban won championships.

No shyt. I know you remember the mantra that Saban "hadn't won an NC since Butters and Nussdrunk left."

You can't make that shyt up. I'm as big a fanatic as anyone, especially on game day or signing day when my heart overtakes my head, but level of disconnection from reality is hard to fathom.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
All over the place or just on defense?

Technically, he brought in some talent on O, but way more studs on D... He definitely he didn’t know how to manage the O, but he showed an amazing ability to MICRO manage it.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Mac was a million times worse than Muschamp.

Muschamp didn’t have to feign some bs death threats because the kitchen got too hot for him.

I think he legitimately wanted to win and his player said loved him, you could tell by the way they acted when he was fired and the way they treated him when we played USCw after he got there.

I think the players Mac left wouldn’t piss on him if he were on fire.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Fooley was the one that really screwed us by hiring the dork. Did he not vet the hire at all? Did he not look at tape of this babbling idiot stumbling incoherently through a presser? I've never heard the guy articulating anything because he can't connect the dots mentally. The PR claim that Mac was a "QB Whisperer" and "Offense Guru" that would magically rebuild our entire offense turned out to be the worst carpetbagger scam ever pulled on Gator Nation. Fooley fcked us all with that desperation hire. I'm totally relieved that we have a real HBC now.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

This is great. He's already got the kid from Tenn transferring in, Dormady, as a grad transfer. Doing the exact same thing he did at UF. The man is a fool.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is the first official hire I've seen announced by Butters. He's been there 3 weeks or so. WTF is he doing? I think he retained a few of the former coaches because they assisted w/ the recruit class (he was able to sign some of the previous coaches commits, surprisingly). I'm still waiting for Nord to take a job there!!

Central Michigan: Sources tell FootballScoop Jim McElwain will hire former Idaho head coach Robb Akey for a senior defensive position on his staff. Akey, who last coached with McElwain at Florida, could potentially have the defensive coordinator title we were told but last we heard that decision had yet to be finalized.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Mac was a million times worse than Muschamp.

Muschamp didn’t have to feign some bs death threats because the kitchen got too hot for him.

I think he legitimately wanted to win and his player said loved him, you could tell by the way they acted when he was fired and the way they treated him when we played USCw after he got there.

I think the players Mac left wouldn’t piss on him if he were on fire.

Yeah, but to hell with the both of them, amirite?

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Mac is my generation’s 0-10-1. I’ll be giving my kids schit in 20 years when they’re complaining about losing a game or two; “At least you didn’t have to live through the years of Butters.”
From this moment forward let it be known, it was the worst of times, it was the “Butters Years”!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So out of curiosity I went to the CMU page. Butters has hired 4 coaches so far. NSD is coming up and he has 4 of 10 assistants hired. There's several staffers from the previous regime still on the page but only 4 coaches (and they were all hold overs). This guy is destined to fail - again.

On a positive note, Antonio Brown bought them 4 bench warmers (for use on the sidelines) for $105,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb