Eff him: Butters getting hired as head coach of Central Michigan

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac was blatantly lazy, blatantly turned the fan base against him on purpose, blatantly cut corners everywhere, blatantly refused coaching changes at critical positions. He showed the world he’s a terrible coach and a borderline POS person. Why would anyone trust him to run your program and why would any coach move their family to go coach for him?
Makes you wonder if people are too lazy to read between the lines. He gets an awful lot of credit for those back-to-back SEC East "titles."

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
They must be jealous of FAU and saw how its working out for them hiring a program buster. They saw the Mighty Owls place 5th in C-USA East this year and thought "why not us".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They just see that he won 19 games in his first 2 seasons. And went to 2 SEC Championship Games.
There are major colleges out there hiring coaches with losing conference records and coaches with losing overall records. Everyone has TV money now and frankly the talent pool for coaches isn't that deep.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
their major colleges out they're hiring coaches with losing conference records and coaches with losing overall records. everyone has TV money now and frankly the talent pool for coaches isn't that deep.

Exactly, Butters agent will sell his winning record and two SEC East Division Titles (without context) it will be an easy get for Central Michigan. It will be an easy sell to the administration and boosters.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's astounding that any school, including a pissant one like Central Michigan, would EVER consider hiring that idiot to be head coach again. It's beyond belief.
Whomever this idiot's agent is has got to get lot of credit. He's worth his weight in gold.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
According to my sources, the holdup in the signing is whether Clarabelle is going to be available at the QB position.

And who knew that PB&Js were so popular up there.
Clarabelle still has eligibility?? Who knew!!

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Who wants to go to a school with no Special Teams, Suck S&C, and a boring Offense

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he trips over this job, I wonder if he brings Nuss and Nord back. That would be pure comedy.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There are major colleges out there hiring coaches with losing conference records and coaches with losing overall records. Everyone has TV money now and frankly the talent pool for coaches isn't that deep.

A school like CMU should dip into the 1AA, D2 ranks for a coach. That's where they pulled Brian Kelly (Grand Valley State) and then Butch Jones (Ferris State) - and before you crack on Jones he actually did a very good job at CMU and Cincinnati. There are a ton of good, if not "great", smaller division coaches. There's talk that Ga Tech is interviewing Kerwin. I'm not sure how he'd do - overall - at a big school, but I know his offense would be fun (if he could recruit well and get a good DC, I'm certain Kerwin would do well. He's a winner). Anyhow, why in the F would a school seriously consider Butters? I don't get it. I don't understand what Harbaugh was thinking hiring that prick to coach his WR's - he could have gotten a younger, not as lazy, great recruiter to fill that spot. Additionally, Butters didn't need the money or the job for that matter. He just took a spot from a much more deserving rising young coach. Another ******* move!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What do you expect of Central Mich illiterates ? They failed to recognize a dangling fartapimple.

Last edited:

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
It's astounding that any school, including a pissant one like Central Michigan, would EVER consider hiring that idiot to be head coach again. It's beyond belief.
That's exact;y what most folks here said about Muschamp. Hard to figure how some of these AD's spend their time.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Coach LandOLakes?

He plays at Mrs Butterworth Field

In Shark Tank Stadium

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics