Recruiting EJ Smith is he worth it?

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
I haven't kept up with Emmett's son but wanted the boards opinion as to if he's worth our time or will he go elsewhere?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure what you mean is he worth it? He’s a fantastic running back. We don’t have one this class. So yes he would be.

Unfortunately legacies of superstars often don’t measure up. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. But expectations tend to be higher for them.

This is all probably a moot conversation because he’s probably going to Texas A&M.

I don’t think Emmitt has a particular fondness for his time at UF.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
EJ Smith is Emmitt's son?
giphy.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure what you mean is he worth it? He’s a fantastic running back. We don’t have one this class. So yes he would be.

Unfortunately legacies of superstars often don’t measure up. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. But expectations tend to be higher for them.

This is all probably a moot conversation because he’s probably going to Texas A&M.

I don’t think Emmitt has a particular fondness for his time at UF.

I think on 247 they have OSU as the fav but he could stay close to home. I agree that ES is not a huge Gator fan.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think emmitt is actually a Georgia fan these days

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why wouldn't you want this kid? He's talented and, even if you have a problem with Emmitt's Emittisms, he still comes from Gator royalty. He'll bring a lot of positive focus to the program.

I sure as hell don't want to see Emmitt Smith's kid playing for Kirby or at pOSU. He belongs here.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think on 247 they have OSU as the fav but he could stay close to home. I agree that ES is not a huge Gator fan.

According to their crystal ball right now it's Stanford, with UF and Ohio State as warm.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Like when he shows up at his UF announcement presser with a Huskers cap resting on the table?

I think I can stomach it.

Emmitt grew up to be a racist Turd.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I could care less with Emmitt's bizarre behavior with regards to UF in recent years.
I don't find any of it bizarre. Emmitt lives in the moment, perhaps too much so. He was thinking of his Cowboys teammates more than himself when he made the now-infamous Canes comment. He was lending support to his son when he sinned by donning the Dwag cap for a photo op.

I think he reacts and worries about the consequences later. Actually, I don't think he gives much thought to the consequences, certainly not to the extent the UF message boards do.

Emmitt went out of his way to get his degree at UF, long after he was an NFL superstar. He's on the sideline at every important UF game. That speaks volumes to me.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Some combination of Drennen, Scott or Lee wouldn't suck. On a side note - as I recall, Emmitt made a comment back in the day to the effect that one of the reasons he skipped his SR year was that SOS didn't try to re-recruit him after Hall was fired. I don't know if there was any actual disaffection there or not. But unfortunately, Emmitt's degree of interest in the modern program would seem to be minimal at best. In hindsight, Errict Rhett was probably the ace in the hole for Steve that made Emmitt's departure a little easier to deal with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.