Recruiting EJ Smith is he worth it?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Proply show as negative PR? Unless he explodes in improvement, I don't know if he'd be first string.

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
I thankyou all for your opinions. I really just wanted to no if he's a good player or if we're just trying to hook him because of who his dad is!? I think Emmitt is a great ballplayer but he's NOT the best at remembering where he came from! All opinions on his skill at RB is what I was looking for
Ready GO

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I thankyou all for your opinions. I really just wanted to no if he's a good player or if we're just trying to hook him because of who his dad is!? I think Emmitt is a great ballplayer but he's NOT the best at remembering where he came from! All opinions on his skill at RB is what I was looking for
Ready GO

Then I take my opinion back.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Ready GO
Please insert 6 additional quarters. (no dimes, nickles or pennies please)

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Kelvin Taylor was a bust and I'm pretty sure this kid is going to be as well. Do we really need the distraction of a "celebrity" RB who will probably stink up the joint?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kelvin Taylor was a bust and I'm pretty sure this kid is going to be as well. Do we really need the distraction of a "celebrity" RB who will probably stink up the joint?
An NFL bust? Hard to call our first thousand yard rusher in 20 years a bust.

He was never going to be his father though. Fred was 6'2", incredibly powerful and fast as a deer. Kelvin just wasnt.

Ive had enough Emmitt Smith. Ugly , Stanford, scUM, whatever, gatorbait, with EJ or Emmitt.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
An NFL bust? Hard to call our first thousand yard rusher in 20 years a bust.

He was never going to be his father though. Fred was 6'2", incredibly powerful and fast as a deer. Kelvin just wasnt.

Ive had enough Emmitt Smith. Ugly , Stanford, scUM, whatever, gatorbait, with EJ or Emmitt.

The NFL Hall of Fame speech slight was an accident.....yeah.....right....TURD

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Scrape his name off the wall, expunge it from the record books. Emmitt must've poked Goon's great-granddaughter.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Scrape his name off the wall, expunge it from the record books. Emmitt must've poked Goon's great-granddaughter.
What Gator record books is Emmitt in?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Because of 400 carries. His average was 2.6 ypc.
He ran the offense he was given.

It's like calling all of Meyer or Mullinz receivers busts because they only get 350-500 yards.

He wasn't great. Wasn't even honorable mention all SEC, but I wouldn't call him a bust.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really couldn't give a crap what your opinion of him is. Address the facts, Jack.

Emmitt Smith - University of Florida Alumni Association
Facts:
He calls himself a Cane;

He says he should have gone to Canes or Bammer;

He wears Ugly hats; and

He never mentioned UF in HOF speech and almost never mentions UF.

Also a fact, Id rather see Anderson and Williams on the wall. Or Taylor, Jackson and Williams. Or James Jones.

At least those guys are Gators.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Facts:
He calls himself a Cane;

He says he should have gone to Canes or Bammer;

He wears Ugly hats; and

He never mentioned UF in HOF speech and almost never mentions UF.
I agree his hats are ugly.

BTW, how does one go to Canes? Is that like a synonym for hell?

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Wife’s friend was a freshman at UF right after Emmitt signed his first NFL contract. Home for the summer in Pensacola and waitressing at a local restaurant, in walks Emmitt with his entourage. Complete prick with no gratuity on a rather large meal tab. Tried making conversation about UF, he wouldn’t have any of it. Became a regular habit for Emmitt. Obnoxious, crude, selfish bastard.
In contrast, I lived next to Fred Taylor’s grandmother for 3 years in West Palm. Fred had bought her the house and paid all her bills. Main highlight was I got to watch her beat hell out of Kelvins 6yo self for throwing a very small rock at my truck. Fred came by a good bit, always humble and genuine, hard not to like. Give me Fred and Kelvin any day. If EJ comes to UF great, if not I don’t think he or his daddy will be missed.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some people are thinned skin. I was at Florida when Emmitt was here. He was approachable. So was Louis O and Adrian W.

Dwayne S was not though. Probably because people gave him **** about his height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.