Elam declares for the NFL Draft

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Broadcasters called him an elite talent. I just remember him getting beat for long passes. How good is he?

As a college CB he excelled at poor technique and getting PI's and defensive holding calls. However I am sure some of that if not a lot was coaching. His physical skills and measurable are there, so perhaps with good coaching he will be a good pro. Plenty of guys played here that did not have the physical tools Elam had, but had better college careers and little to no pro careers. I think of Hargreaves, Robert Cromartie, Jalen Tabor, Ryan Smith, etc.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I never thought he was very good. Best of luck to him.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Just on the topic of CB's. If the current crop over the last ...say 5 years....had been around when QB's like Elway, Marino, Montana had been playing those QB's would have had about 500 yds a game, every game. They suck at man coverage, wont get their heads around and if they get beat they just think "it's okay, I'll just tackle the guy and take the penalty" like that dumbazz Jackson kid last night that basically gave the game to Ugay with his slack azz coverage.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Another Gator corner going in the first round makes recruiting easier. Hopefully he has a big combine and goes as high as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator