Embarrassing: Muschamp and staff get raises & extensions

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I get that it is USC, and they arent getting first second or third choice of a HBC, but why dont you.at least hire a good coordinator or Div 1AA coach who at least ISNT a known loser.

Fooley loved him some Chump though. No doubt he gave a great recommendation.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
What's Brohm making? Honestly, I think Brohm is a better coach!
I think it's about $5.5 million plus he got a few million signing bonus. He's never going to do any better at Purdue than Muschamp in the SEC. He was pretty good at Western Kentucky though.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Not only is he likely a better coach, he's also on an upward trajectory with his career having done a really good job at his first stop. Muschamp took over a UF team a year removed from 12-0 and promptly ran it into the ground, and is going down a similar path at his current job(what is this now, 6 OC's in 7 seaasons?). He's been a disaster everywhere he's ever been. At least with JB you may have a star in the making. WM is who he is, and it's not a head football coach at any level--much less one paid that much.
Brohm was good at Western Kentucky, other than beating OSU last year he's never going to be any better than Chump. I'd say Purdue is the Big 10's SC. Except I'd rather live in Columbia than West Lafayette. Maybe Brohm deserves the extra million over Chump because he has to live there.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It's all about expectations...or lack there of.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Brohm was good at Western Kentucky, other than beating OSU last year he's never going to be any better than Chump. I'd say Purdue is the Big 10's SC. Except I'd rather live in Columbia than West Lafayette. Maybe Brohm deserves the extra million over Chump because he has to live there.
I'll grant you the winters are a lot better in Columbia and it's a much bigger city, but W. Lafayette's not a bad place. Did a college visit to Purdue with my son and actually kind of liked it (much to my surprise).

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll grant you the winters are a lot better in Columbia and it's a much bigger city, but W. Lafayette's not a bad place. Did a college visit to Purdue with my son and actually kind of liked it (much to my surprise).
Columbia is a sh*thole. Many locals refer to it as the screen door to hell.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Columbia is an ugly town with no redeeming qualities. Never been to where Purdue is, but based on my knowledge of Cola ... I know where I would pick sight unseen if I had to choose between the two.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Columbia is an ugly town with no redeeming qualities. Never been to where Purdue is, but based on my knowledge of Cola ... I know where I would pick sight unseen if I had to choose between the two.
W. Lafayette is definitely a college town, and not much to it, but the people were unbelievably friendly and Purdue was a great campus. We were there in February of '18 though and it was crazy cold. Snowed on the drive there and on the drive home. Our next college visit after that was to UF in April. Any guesses which campus a then 16 YOA boy was more impressed by? When we were in Gainesville, I thought he was going to pinch a nerve in his neck the way he was snapping his head around looking at the, uh, local sights.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I can't believe he didn't go back to Louisville. I think he's a really good coach, among the top of the 2nd tier (w/ Saban, Swinney, etc in the 1st tier)....but you're right. His ceiling is limited at Purdue.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Well that becomes a projection. I’m talking current accomplishments.

Purdue may be on par with Usce in general. It has a definite ceiling, which is why after 1 season he entertained the idea of leaving before ultimately deciding to join the #meeither group who rejected the vols. But in terms of starting point, the Boilermakers had won 9 total games in the previous 4 years, and have won 13 in his first two. In contrast, Usce had become good for 10-11 wins under Spurrier and has taken a significant step back under WM. Of course, he’s already convinced the Usce faithful that he was left a terrible mess, once again by a legendary coach. Funny how that always seems to happen to him.

Meanwhile about 1/4 of those ‘11-13 players had at least some NFL career, while the 2015 roster he left behind was as depleted as any in recent history outside of a few positions. He never brings that up.

But I can agree that some may have gotten a little ahead of things on Brohm. We’ll see how he turns out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's about $5.5 million plus he got a few million signing bonus. He's never going to do any better at Purdue than Muschamp in the SEC. He was pretty good at Western Kentucky though.
It was dumb to take that job.

CUM would never take a job in which a good year is 7-5 and where you have no hope of recruiting well.

He sold himself low.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This man is a disgrace of a head coach, and does nothing but steal money from USC. He's a joke even for that laughingstock of a school. Every fat check this idiot collects is a slap in the face to every sports fan on the planet. Ever feel a phantom slap on your face on Fridays? That's the feeling millions get every time the money hits his bloated bank account.

Freaking thief. I hope he loses every cent and has to panhandle the last two decades of his life.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This man is a disgrace of a head coach, and does nothing but steal money from USC. He's a joke even for that laughingstock of a school. Every fat check this idiot collects is a slap in the face to every sports fan on the planet. Ever feel a phantom slap on your face on Fridays? That's the feeling millions get every time the money hits his bloated bank account.

Freaking thief. I hope he loses every cent and has to panhandle the last two decades of his life.
I hope he gets hired by every team in the SEC East and destroys every damn one.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Why not last three? He's only 47.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Regular people have to scratch and claw for every cent to get by and this idiot gets another raise to continue living the high life. It doesn't bother me when someone has actual talent, but this man has absolutely none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb