Emmitt says Urbs should be in the Ring of Honor

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Emmitt came to UF as royalty and expected better. He didn't get it. I think he harbored a silly grudge over it, maybe partly because his head had grown large.

I interviewed him as a freshman in the team tunnel after the FSU loss. You had to be impressed with the entourage this kid had around him. I mean large. He was already too slick to make it obvious, but you could tell he had quite an inflated ego.

Can you imagine Emmitt and SOS working together? Neither could SOS.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
3rd or 4th? I thought Mike Peterson was better (more consistent for sure). But 3rd or 4th?
Kearse had talent and the build to be the greatest but took way too many plays off. Spurrier called him out on it several times. What a waste.

Emmitt gave 100% every down and every game.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I don't hate Emmitt. I just don't like making him more than he was because he had a great pro career.

Kearse is another guy that gets inflated. Kearse was the third and maybe 4th best linebacker on the team at UF.

OMG, comparing Emmitt to Jevone is the dumbest fcking thing you've ever done. JK had the talent to be an AA and All Pro, just not the head or even drive to be it. Let me tell you about Emmitt Smith in Orange and Blue. I saw every home game he played in. I was there every game. Emmit was the player that had you on the edge of your seat each time he got the ball. Cause you knew something special could happen at any time. He hit high gear right after his second step and contrary to popular belief he had good speed. I saw Darryl Green from the Skins chase him and not make up ground once. DG was the Fastest man in the NFL.

Emmitt used contact to gain momentum away from the contact. He had a low center of gravity, great leg strength and probably as good a vision as anyone that ever played. He saw the field like Maravich saw the court and Gretzky saw the ice. If he had a crack at all he would get through it. Someone said if he had Rhett's carries he is far past him. I go you one better. If he played one year in that SOS Offense he averages 10 yds a carry. They knew Emmitt was getting the ball when he played. We had no passing game. IT was give it to Emmitt. They still could barely contain him. Imagine what he does if they DONT know he is getting the ball. As a freshman he hit 1000 yds faster than any back in history. He destroyed Alabama at Alabama as a FR.

Herschel was the best I ever saw.........Emmitt was as much fun to watch if you liked seeing greatness. Bo was great because he was big and fast. I saw the gator Def, make him quit. Emmitt NEVER quit. Dont make him more cause he had a great pro career ? (Oh, you mean super bowl MVP, Most rushing yardage of all time in the NFL) that kind of greatness? Emmitt is in the ROH because he was far and away the greatest RB ever saw play for UF and I saw all the great ones live........Durable as hell. Btw Urban deserves to be in the ROH. Ask Timmy what he thinks. I will take Emmitt and Timmy's affirmation over any and all keyboard commandos any day....................

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
As long as he is really done with coaching I would be fine with it, I don't know an objective way to tell that. I was watching highlights of Superbowl 2 where Vince Lambardi announced his retirement at half time, I seem to recall he unretired later.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Urban should be in the ring of honor without a doubt.

He brought us 2 NCs in 3 years.

For those people that want to raise the "scum bag" flag ... I give you Pat Dye, Johnny Majors, Vince Dooley, Bear Bryant ... all scumbags in their own right.

IMO ... Foley talked him into staying after he resigned in 2009. Meyer should have stood his ground and left instead of making us endure a year of him being drugged up. That's the only gripe I have.

Meyer left and went to OhhhBooo St.

Get the F*** over it.

(PS...I think Pell deserves an honorable mention too ... He did what the boosters wanted and put us on the map)

EDIT: Forgot Bobby Bowden on the list of scumbags.
Give this man a fckn CEEGAR............he knows what the hell he is talking about............ I wish I had written this post............

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
OMG, comparing Emmitt to Jevone is the dumbest fcking thing you've ever done. JK had the talent to be an AA and All Pro, just not the head or even drive to be it. Let me tell you about Emmitt Smith in Orange and Blue. I saw every home game he played in. I was there every game. Emmit was the player that had you on the edge of your seat each time he got the ball. Cause you knew something special could happen at any time. He hit high gear right after his second step and contrary to popular belief he had good speed. I saw Darryl Green from the Skins chase him and not make up ground once. DG was the Fastest man in the NFL.

Emmitt used contact to gain momentum away from the contact. He had a low center of gravity, great leg strength and probably as good a vision as anyone that ever played. He saw the field like Maravich saw the court and Gretzky saw the ice. If he had a crack at all he would get through it. Someone said if he had Rhett's carries he is far past him. I go you one better. If he played one year in that SOS Offense he averages 10 yds a carry. They knew Emmitt was getting the ball when he played. We had no passing game. IT was give it to Emmitt. They still could barely contain him. Imagine what he does if they DONT know he is getting the ball. As a freshman he hit 1000 yds faster than any back in history. He destroyed Alabama at Alabama as a FR.

Herschel was the best I ever saw.........Emmitt was as much fun to watch if you liked seeing greatness. Bo was great because he was big and fast. I saw the gator Def, make him quit. Emmitt NEVER quit. Dont make him more cause he had a great pro career ? (Oh, you mean super bowl MVP, Most yardage of all time in the NFL) that kind of greatness. Emmitt is in the ROH because he was far and away the greatest RB ever saw play for UF and I saw all the great ones live........Durable as hell. Btw Urban deserves to be in the ROH. Ask Timmy what he thinks. I will take Emmitt and Timmy's affirmation over any and all keyboard commandos any day....................
This.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Rhett is arguably the most underappreciated RB in UF history. I used to love this staple toss play in the Spurrier offense, where the RB would not go wide and cut back.....

Now Im gonna agree with you there GW. Rhett was a man's man. They said he loved to practice. I loved the guy. He got bad advice in Tampa or woulda had a Great pro career. His advantage was being the feature back for SOS. They really were on their heels with the passing game when Eric got the ball..............But he produced........always..........

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
As long as he is really done with coaching I would be fine with it, I don't know an objective way to tell that. I was watching highlights of Superbowl 2 where Vince Lambardi announced his retirement at half time, I seem to recall he unretired later.
Let's not forget Ali.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We'd have beaten Bama in the inaugural SECCG with #22 and you'd be slobbering all over him now. Emmitt was before your time, buddy. You had to see him run live to fully appreciate how dominant he was as a college runner. Jaw-dropping moves and amazing burst.
BING PHKNNN OOOOO.........78 nails it x 100.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014

Herschel was the best I ever saw.........Emmitt was as much fun to watch if you liked seeing greatness. Bo was great because he was big and fast. I saw the gator Def, make him quit. Emmitt NEVER quit. Dont make him more cause he had a great pro career ? (Oh, you mean super bowl MVP, Most yardage of all time in the NFL) that kind of greatness. Emmitt is in the ROH because he was far and away the greatest RB ever saw play for UF and I saw all the great ones live........Durable as hell. Btw Urban deserves to be in the ROH. Ask Timmy what he thinks. I will take Emmitt and Timmy's affirmation over any and all keyboard commandos any day....................
Nobody here has disputed Emmitt’s chops as a player

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
1993 was the year he called himself an adopted Hurricane on Roy Firestone’s show. There were no internet message boards back then.
Who gives a sht........him, Michael and Troy were the three musketeers on that great NFL team. im sure him and Michael had fun and became close. But where Michael screwed up Emmitt NEVER got in trouble or had a hint of scandal............

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.