Emmitt says Urbs should be in the Ring of Honor

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Who gives a sht........him, Michael and Troy were the three musketeers on that great NFL team. im sure him and Michael had fun and became close. But where Michael screwed up Emmitt NEVER got in trouble or had a hint of scandal............
I give a ****

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Emmitt came to UF as royalty and expected better. He didn't get it. I think he harbored a silly grudge over it, maybe partly because his head had grown large.

I interviewed him as a freshman in the team tunnel after the FSU loss. You had to be impressed with the entourage this kid had around him. I mean large. He was already too slick to make it obvious, but you could tell he had quite an inflated ego.

Can you imagine Emmitt and SOS working together? Neither could SOS.

You keep talking as if Spurrier ran him out. Spurrier has always said in general and specifically about Emmitt that if a player can turn pro he is all for it. Spurrier has said that he would feel horrible if he talked a kid into staying and they got injured.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I give a ****
So if you saw Danny or Timmy or SOS wearing a rival hat just messing around or had a kid or grandkid playing for the rival they become
enemy too? I hate anything dawg too but I love those guys more than I hate dwags...........or noles or scUM.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You keep talking as if Spurrier ran him out. Spurrier has always said in general and specifically about Emmitt that if a player can turn pro he is all for it. Spurrier has said that he would feel horrible if he talked a kid into staying and they got injured.
As it turned it out for us and Emmitt it worked out fine.............I woulda loved to see emmitt in the SOS offense but Emmitt was ready for the NFL and he had given us great fun till SOS got there........

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
So if you saw Danny or Timmy or SOS wearing a rival hat just messing around or had a kid or grandkid playing for the rival they become
enemy too? I hate anything dawg too but I love those guys more than I hate dwags...........or noles or scUM.
Messing around???

And in case you missed it, here is my post from earlier...

i hate Emmitt Smith and here’s why:

1. When I was in college, he appeared on Roy Firestone along side Michael Irvin and when Firestone asked about their college rivalry, Smith said “I’m an adopted Hurricane” I will remember that as long as I live.

2. Emmitt “forgot” to mention UF in his NFL HOF speech. I call BS, he didn’t forget

3. He dressed in Georgia gear & put it on twitter. What true Gator does that.

4. And of course, he was a Cowboy

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Let me thank you for you service.
If it will make you feel better he did the gator chomp when he took the stage for Master Chef.
His service? You know Donks real name is D.B. Cooper? (Hint ... falling out of planes)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he was teetering either way. He knew he could declare, and yet there was a side of him that was fascinated at the prospect of playing for a great offensive mind. The complicating factor was not knowing SOS or how he might ultimately fit in. This is a guy who expected to be the featured back. Spurrier was known for slinging the ball around. How would the two mesh?

Call it uncertainty, insecurity or whatever, I think it unnerved Emmitt to the point where he decided to take full control of his destiny.

Last edited:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Emmitt obviously had some issues in his time at UF, and was clearly upset that SOS didn't coddle to him and beg him to stay for his senior season.
Perhaps it was a clash of egos, but it doesn't take anything away from what Emmitt did on the field.
My problem with Emmitt is that he never was an ambassador for UF--a great football player but he never really gave credit or did much to promote his alma mater.
Emmitt was a great Gator while he was at UF for what he did on the field, then he moved on and seemed to have lost his colors.
It's the same with Urban Meyer; he did great things while he was with UF and then moved on.
The question is whether or not Urban should go down in history as a great Gator. I think Urban is a great coach but I've never thought of him as a "Gator." And as much as Emmitt pissed me off with dressing up in red and black and posing with Kirby, I can't help but to remember him as a Gator.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If to be in the ring of honor you need to be a Gator then Urbs will never qualify, he was a paid merc.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
OMG, comparing Emmitt to Jevone is the dumbest fcking thing you've ever done. JK had the talent to be an AA and All Pro, just not the head or even drive to be it. Let me tell you about Emmitt Smith in Orange and Blue. I saw every home game he played in. I was there every game. Emmit was the player that had you on the edge of your seat each time he got the ball. Cause you knew something special could happen at any time. He hit high gear right after his second step and contrary to popular belief he had good speed. I saw Darryl Green from the Skins chase him and not make up ground once. DG was the Fastest man in the NFL.

Emmitt used contact to gain momentum away from the contact. He had a low center of gravity, great leg strength and probably as good a vision as anyone that ever played. He saw the field like Maravich saw the court and Gretzky saw the ice. If he had a crack at all he would get through it. Someone said if he had Rhett's carries he is far past him. I go you one better. If he played one year in that SOS Offense he averages 10 yds a carry. They knew Emmitt was getting the ball when he played. We had no passing game. IT was give it to Emmitt. They still could barely contain him. Imagine what he does if they DONT know he is getting the ball. As a freshman he hit 1000 yds faster than any back in history. He destroyed Alabama at Alabama as a FR.

Herschel was the best I ever saw.........Emmitt was as much fun to watch if you liked seeing greatness. Bo was great because he was big and fast. I saw the gator Def, make him quit. Emmitt NEVER quit. Dont make him more cause he had a great pro career ? (Oh, you mean super bowl MVP, Most yardage of all time in the NFL) that kind of greatness. Emmitt is in the ROH because he was far and away the greatest RB ever saw play for UF and I saw all the great ones live........Durable as hell. Btw Urban deserves to be in the ROH. Ask Timmy what he thinks. I will take Emmitt and Timmy's affirmation over any and all keyboard commandos any day....................
While I agree with almost all your comments about Emmitt, as a Redskins fan I have to dispute your recollection of Emmitt not getting caught by Darrel Green. Yes, by the mid 90s, Darrell was in his 30’s and had lost a step, but any earlier than that, he caught everybody. Just ask Tony Dorsett.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was very disappointed when Emmitt left early but in the end it's been shown that he made the right decision.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
While I agree with almost all your comments about Emmitt, as a Redskins fan I have to dispute your recollection of Emmitt not getting caught by Darrel Green. Yes, by the mid 90s, Darrell was in his 30’s and had lost a step, but any earlier than that, he caught everybody. Just ask Tony Dorsett.
I remember Green running Emmitt down, right before he stiff armed him to the ground and walked into the endzone.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
What a weird thread. A bunch of gator fans running down Emmitt Smith. Unbelievable. Can’t wait for the thread 10 years or so from now with a bunch of gator fans that never saw Tebow actually play blast him as well.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Returning to Emmitt's point: 2 SEC Championships, our 2nd and 3rd Natties, signed and coached the future Greatest College QB Ever (Fox CFB Poll) who became our 3rd Heisman winner (and was robbed of another). No one improved the Gator Football resume more. Without question, Urbs should be in - eventually.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
What a weird thread. A bunch of gator fans running down Emmitt Smith. Unbelievable. Can’t wait for the thread 10 years or so from now with a bunch of gator fans that never saw Tebow actually play blast him as well.
The sad part is it will happen. Its human nature. Yesterdays news.
The great part is some of us got to watch both Emmitt and Tebow games live and in the moment. If there was a way, Emmitt and Tebow would both put the team on their shoulders and pull out a win. Both Great Gators!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I think he was teetering either way. He knew he could declare, and yet there was a side of him that was fascinated at the prospect of playing for a great offensive mind.
I think if Emmitt could have envisioned what the SOS offensive machine would actually look like in reality, he would have stayed. None of us saw it coming. The greatest decade in sport for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator