Emmitt says Urbs should be in the Ring of Honor

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
Urban should be in the ring of honor without a doubt.

He brought us 2 NCs in 3 years.

For those people that want to raise the "scum bag" flag ... I give you Pat Dye, Johnny Majors, Vince Dooley, Bear Bryant ... all scumbags in their own right.

IMO ... Foley talked him into staying after he resigned in 2009. Meyer should have stood his ground and left instead of making us endure a year of him being drugged up. That's the only gripe I have.

Meyer left and went to OhhhBooo St.

Get the F*** over it.

(PS...I think Pell deserves an honorable mention too ... He did what the boosters wanted and put us on the map)

EDIT: Forgot Bobby Bowden on the list of scumbags.
So because other teams honorv scumbag coaches we should too ! What an idiotic thing to say ! He is a horrible excuse for a human being !! He left the program in worse shape than when he arrived ! You honor people who deserve to be honored not this piece of garbage '! He is the Malcolm x of coaches by any means nessesary " he can go to hell as far as the majority of gator feel ! You can't be a real gator fan if you think differently !!Emmitt also said " I wish I had gone to auburn " so I dont give a damn what Emmitt thinks

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer has two of our three National Titles... regardless of how you feel about the man. At some point he will be in the Ring of Honor.

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
The sad part is it will happen. Its human nature. Yesterdays news.
The great part is some of us got to watch both Emmitt and Tebow games live and in the moment. If there was a way, Emmitt and Tebow would both put the team on their shoulders and pull out a win. Both Great Gators!
Gator fans are not running down Emmitt they are running down his idiotic view that lying piece of garbage urban should be honored ! Urban left the program " broken " those are urbans own words ! Emmitt also said " I wish I had gone to auburn " so I don't really give a damn what he thinks !

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
Meyer has two of our three National Titles... regardless of how you feel about the man. At some point he will be in the Ring of Honor.
Bull crap ! Urban left the program " broken " those are urbans words "! He protected a mass murderer in Arron Hernandez ! Urban is the malcom x of coaches " by any means nessssary " you don't honor scumbags even if they win championships unless you are half ass you fans!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bull crap ! Urban left the program " broken " those are urbans words "! He protected a mass murderer in Arron Hernandez ! Urban is the malcom x of coaches " by any means nessssary " you don't honor scumbags even if they win championships unless you are half ass you fans!

And you are naïve if you think Urban is not going to end up in the Ring of Honor. He fits the accomplishments, and in time all that broken program stuff is going to die down. The good times will be remembered.

Gern Blanston

Banned
BANNED
Aug 27, 2018
And you are naïve if you think Urban is not going to end up in the Ring of Honor. He fits the accomplishments, and in time all that broken program stuff is going to die down. The good times will be remembered.
And you obviously think wins and losses are more important than character and honesty ! He is a lying piece of garbage that protected a wife beater for 9 years and protected a mass murderer in Hernandez and you want to honor him ! The overwhelming number of gator fans have more character than that ! Sorry you don't !

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And you obviously think wins and losses are more important than character and honesty ! He is a lying piece of garbage that protected a wife beater for 9 years and protected a mass murderer in Hernandez and you want to honor him ! The overwhelming number of gator fans have more character than that ! Sorry you don't !

And a overwhelming number of gator fans aren't as naïve as you.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
It ain't 1960 anymore.. If you think character matters in this day and age, just look at our elected officials...

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It ain't 1960 anymore.. If you think character matters in this day and age, just look at our elected officials...

Jack o'...don't give up. Character still matters.

Elected officials, Hollyweird and high paid athletes are not my standard.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Jack o'...don't give up. Character still matters.

Elected officials, Hollyweird and high paid athletes are not my standard.
Understood. But it is enough peoples standard to have these people in the positions they are in.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
So because other teams honorv scumbag coaches we should too ! What an idiotic thing to say ! He is a horrible excuse for a human being !! He left the program in worse shape than when he arrived ! You honor people who deserve to be honored not this piece of garbage '! He is the Malcolm x of coaches by any means nessesary " he can go to hell as far as the majority of gator feel ! You can't be a real gator fan if you think differently !!Emmitt also said " I wish I had gone tDo auburn " so I dont give a damn what Emmitt thinks
Differing opinions are what message boards are all about.
Yours sucks ... but your still a Gator.:stirpot:

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What a weird thread. A bunch of gator fans running down Emmitt Smith. Unbelievable. Can’t wait for the thread 10 years or so from now with a bunch of gator fans that never saw Tebow actually play blast him as well.
There's still a small group that rips Spurrier, pissed at how he left and then took a job at a team in the division.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Geez, come back on when you're sober. Next you'll be telling us that Meyer actually participated in mass murder with Hernandez. :crazy:

Did Belichick protect a mass murderer as well?

:drunk2:

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
As for the original point, I'm in favor of placing Urban in the ROH. Those were some of the best years ever for the Gators, and for me certainly the best time to be living in Ohio as one!!

As for Emmitt debate, I was at UF when he was. Great player and head and shoulders better than any other player on those teams. When he was in the game he found holes that noone else could. But to say he could carry those teams to victory like Tim Tebow is ridiculous. Those teams lost 5, 6, and 5 games. Defense was solid. Emmitt was great. But nobody carries a team like Timmy did. He's in a league of his own.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There's still a small group that rips Spurrier, pissed at how he left and then took a job at a team in the division.

Spurrier always had NFL aspirations and wanted to see see if his system would work there. I even think there's a quote of him saying he only wanted to coach college for 10 years or something close to that. He ended up coaching for 15 yrs.

As far as leaving for USC...I'm pretty sure Spurrier was contacted BY UF and asked to go through the same extensive interview process(not submit a resume like some have heard) as the other candidates in which Spurrier so famously retorted..."to go look in the trophy case". He felt slighted and I'm not sure he and Foley were pals. I don't blame SOS at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb