Emory Jones transfers to Arizona State and gets benched; now looking to get benched at Cincy

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I always thought he performed well when he came in for Trask. Wonder if he got the yips this past season.

I remember things differently. I thought the offense lost its rhythm when he came in, but that's probably cause Mullen felt the need to force him in the game due to there being no opportunity for mop up duty due to the horrid defense. He also didn't have to throw much as the backup, and when he did, the plays were simple reads where he likely knew who was getting the ball before the snap.

He simply struggled to read the field, throw on time, and throw receivers open. He needs to transfer to a school that runs a lot of option or even better, the triple option. He'd do well in an old school, option offense.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I always thought he performed well when he came in for Trask. Wonder if he got the yips this past season.

I know there’s a difference between coming in for a few plays vs starting, but he seemed to show enough as a freshman to believe he would look good once he got the job.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
How many games will Miller start?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Never liked the guy. Always seemed like an arrogant **** like a familiar posted here.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The writing has been on the wall since early last season.

Funny tid-bit....... ESPN says E. Jones is the 1st or 2nd hottest QB name in the portal right now!

Doesn't say much for the QB's in the portal.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Funny tid-bit....... ESPN says E. Jones is the 1st or 2nd hottest QB name in the portal right now!

Doesn't sat much for the QB's in the portal.
most of the players that were in the portal were picked up weeks to months ago.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Doesn't sat much for the QB's in the portal.

He might do ok in a system where if they call a pass play, he only has 1 or 2 quick reads, and if they aren't WIDE open he's told to tuck it and run himself.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
He seems like a nice person, decent student, but foolish. Change position and stay if you want an NFL career. Running back, tight end or slot receiver is his position not QB.. Now if he just wants to play QB at some lower level college go right ahead. I doubt that any top tier school will show and interest. As usual I could be wrong. Thanks

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He seems like a nice person, decent student, but foolish. Change position and stay if you want an NFL career. Running back, tight end or slot receiver is his position not QB.. Now if he just wants to play QB at some lower level college go right ahead. I doubt that any top tier school will show and interest. As usual I could be wrong. Thanks
You're welcome.

He's too slow for WR and too slight for RB.

Tight End? :lmao:

He'll go to another school at QB (probably Arizona State), put up some numbers, won't get drafted and that will be that. The next stop will be the Bloomingdales Executive Training Program.

BeachGator

Mar 10, 2018
You're welcome.

He's too slow for WR and too slight for RB.

Tight End? :lmao:

He'll go to another school at QB (probably Arizona State), put up some numbers, won't get drafted and that will be that. The next stop will be the Bloomingdales Executive Training Program.

May be time to remove Emory Jones from front page of log in screen.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
He might do ok in a system where if they call a pass play, he only has 1 or 2 quick reads, and if they aren't WIDE open he's told to tuck it and run himself.

That is Cousin Eddie's system in a nutshell. 1 Read, a quarter of the field no more than half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator