End Game (Spoilers): Type Thanos in Google

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TLB, Law, divits, and Doug have already complained about Captain Marvel and/or the girl power scene. That counts as "many" in the Lounge.
Mrs Marvel is pretty silly. I also wonder why she sometimes can fly theough an entire ship but then struggle with one chitauri or whatever those things were. Her girl power gas tank must be small.

And why didnt Valkyrie jist bring some of those restraining things. Thise would have been helpful. Toss a few on children of Thanos and maybe even on scrotum face, game over.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And are we even going to talk about Bad Nebula only having enough time travel juice for one person but somehow managing to use it to bring the whole damn giant ship w a million man army on it?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There’s literally a line less than 10 minutes into the film. “There are a lot of other planets in the universe, and unfortunately they don’t have you guys.”

Also, given that Thanos had only very recently crashed the snap party at Avengers HQ, she got there pretty damn quickly.
It doesnt mattsr if they literally said it, it is literally stupid, literally.

Cap: we are going to do the time bandits thing, lets huddle.

Someone: hey.... I got an idea. Lets bring Mrs Photon girl too!!!!

Nah, she is busy with the universe. No time to beat Thanos.

Whatever.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Color me SHOCKED by the backlash against Captain Marvel and the other women standing by her side. As soon as I saw that scene I knew many on this board would take issue with it. Right on cue!
I literally didnt notice during the movie.

If I had, my estrogen would have surged and we lesbians would have been validated.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And are we even going to talk about Bad Nebula only having enough time travel juice for one person but somehow managing to use it to bring the whole damn giant ship w a million man army on it?
The Russos can answer that for you.

‘Avengers: Endgame’ directors just explained some of the movie’s biggest mysteries

It doesnt mattsr if they literally said it, it is literally stupid, literally.

Cap: we are going to do the time bandits thing, lets huddle.

Someone: hey.... I got an idea. Lets bring Mrs Photon girl too!!!!

Nah, she is busy with the universe. No time to beat Thanos.

Whatever.
Clearly you weren’t paying attention because she was never part of the time travel plan. Once again, she was light years away.

Mrs Marvel is pretty silly. I also wonder why she sometimes can fly theough an entire ship but then struggle with one chitauri or whatever those things were. Her girl power gas tank must be small.

And why didnt Valkyrie jist bring some of those restraining things. Thise would have been helpful. Toss a few on children of Thanos and maybe even on scrotum face, game over.
I don’t remember Captain Marvel struggling with anyone other than Thanos, and even then, it took a hit from the power stone to do anything to her. He head butted her and she didn’t even flinch.

For the question about Valkyrie, it’s been 5+ years since she left the Goldblum planet, fought on Asgard, left Asgard, fought on the ship, left the ship with half of Asgard, and established New Asgard on Earth. She probably didn’t have any more of those things.

Are you just going to keep asking questions that have simple answers and/or were addressed in the film?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The real question is, do we see one of the two timelines that were created due to the movies own timeline logic...

1) Loki escapes imprisonment with the space stone
2) Thanos doesn't get the stones and his 2014 self dies created a timeline where he doesn't get the stones to begin with

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The real question is, do we see one of the two timelines that were created due to the movies own timeline logic...

1) Loki escapes imprisonment with the space stone
2) Thanos doesn't get the stones and his 2014 self dies created a timeline where he doesn't get the stones to begin with
If Cap put the space stone back at the end of the movie, then the original “snap” timeline still happens. As far as the alternate timeline with Loki, people seem to think his new show on Disney+ might address that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Cap put the space stone back at the end of the movie, then the original “snap” timeline still happens. As far as the alternate timeline with Loki, people seem to think his new show on Disney+ might address that.

Thanos is still dead, their timeline is a straight line (per the Ancient one), but once Thanos (2014 version) and his army's were killed in the future another facture in the time line is created. A timeline where Iron Man doesn't die in the battle and Captain doesn't go back in time. They created at least two other timelines with Loki disappearing (which I also believe leads into the Disney+), and one where Thanos never takes the snap in 2018, because he wasn't alive anymore.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For the question about Valkyrie, it’s been 5+ years since she left the Goldblum planet, fought on Asgard, left Asgard, fought on the ship, left the ship with half of Asgard, and established New Asgard on Earth. She probably didn’t have any more of those things.
Come on, man. You gotta keep a handful of those in the purse for a rainy day. You never know when you need to shock Thor and having him writhing in the floor.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanos is still dead, their timeline is a straight line (per the Ancient one), but once Thanos (2014 version) and his army's were killed in the future another facture in the time line is created. A timeline where Iron Man doesn't die in the battle and Captain doesn't go back in time. They created at least two other timelines with Loki disappearing (which I also believe leads into the Disney+), and one where Thanos never takes the snap in 2018, because he wasn't alive anymore.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are we going to get Ironlad (kid from IM3/teenager at funeral) and Stature (Cassy Lang) as part of the next avengers grouping?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In one week of worldwide release, Endgame has made just over $1.7 billion, putting it exactly $1 billion behind Avatar. It will have crossed the $2B mark before the weekend is over. This might actually happen.

Avengers: Endgame (2019) - Box Office Mojo

It would be surprising, because other movies will need those IMAX screens... I hope it happens, because avatar was absolute garbage

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Finally got to see it today. I liked it, but thought Infinity War was the better of the two, although this one was obviously the more emotional. There were things I liked and things that I didn't. The final battle was fine, but didn't feel as epic to me as Infinity. 7.5/10

1. It was weird getting used to Hulk/Banner at first.
2. They never addressed why Ant-man couldn't just shrink into Thanos and kill him that way. Its been one of the biggest things going around as why not just do this so I figured it might get a line about whey it wouldn't be possible.
3. Was hoping for the arrival of the dusted to be a little more epic, but barely noticed they were there other than Parker.
4. Had hoped that Doctor Strange would have gotten his revenge on Ebony Maw and they never even crossed paths.
5. They really crammed every single person from the MCU into this somehow.
6. The girl power scene actually caused my theater to laugh out loud. Look, most men in this day in age get that women rock, but you don't have to cram it down our throats all the time because it looks silly.
7. Looking forward to Guardians 3 now that Thor will be involved.
8. What the hell happens to Sharon's family now and Cap used to make out with her grand daughter. Is she now wiped out of existence.
9. Loki being back will get interesting

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
It would be surprising, because other movies will need those IMAX screens... I hope it happens, because avatar was absolute garbage
Watch them re release this movie to bump it back up, but with Disney now owning Fox maybe not.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Too soon?

So, they get the time stone, reverse time, then Thor aims for the head. Or the left arm. Game over. Spidey and everyone else is back.

The end.

So.... I wasnt wrong.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
2. They never addressed why Ant-man couldn't just shrink into Thanos and kill him that way. Its been one of the biggest things going around as why not just do this so I figured it might get a line about whey it wouldn't be possible.
Why would they? It was a stupid fan theory from Reddit that blew up as a meme. Regardless, the movie was about reversing the snap, not killing Thanos. And I'm pretty sure Thanos' body is too strong for that to happen, anyway. Ant Man would have been annihilated if he had tried it.

3. Was hoping for the arrival of the dusted to be a little more epic, but barely noticed they were there other than Parker.
Doctor Strange held the water back, Black Panther helped Hawkeye/Ronin with the Infinity Gauntlet, Falcon had a nice moment where he impaled an alien with his wings, Scarlet Witch whooped Thanos' ass so badly that he called for "rain fire," Star Lord got kneed in the balls, etc. Everyone had some type of moment, not to mention the most epic scene in the entire MCU when they all showed back up.

4. Had hoped that Doctor Strange would have gotten his revenge on Ebony Maw and they never even crossed paths.
It wasn't part of his 1 in 14 million outcomes to get revenge on him, and I don't think Strange is the type of guy to seek revenge anyway.

6. The girl power scene actually caused my theater to laugh out loud. Look, most men in this day in age get that women rock, but you don't have to cram it down our throats all the time because it looks silly.
Highly doubt they were laughing, but we all hear what we want to hear. :rolleyes3:

8. What the hell happens to Sharon's family now and Cap used to make out with her grand daughter. Is she now wiped out of existence.
Russos have said that Cap's new life with Peggy was an alternate timeline.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Endgame has passed Titanic in worldwide gross and is now $600M away from Avatar. I think it's inevitable at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.