ESPN: New UF coach Napier looks to rebuild Gators into NC contender

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
What good is an NC if you run more than 55%? And none of that screen junk...mid and deep passes only.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
That was a great read. Alex really did a good job of researching and writing that piece. I think it is going to take a few seasons to get the machine humming but a couple of things are quite obvious: Florida is going to be in a much better place really soon because of Napier's vision and muLLLLLLLen is a lazy pos.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess this could be a new thread, but it seems appropriate to put this here. This interview with Lorenzo Lingard is pretty good, and he talks about the differences between Mullen and Napier. While Lingard never actually says it, the way he describes Mullen after the 2020 season is more evidence to confirm that Mullen checked out in 2021 and didnt care about the job or the players. Strickland never should have paid a dime of his buyout. I'm convinced Mullen worked him and the system to be fired with millions.

While this interview gives plenty of ammunition against Mullen, Lingard has lots of positive things to say about Napier, the new coaches and staff, and the new offensive system. Interesting that Napier changes the terminology every year. I did cringe a bit when he compared the stipend and housing situation to Miami, but it wasnt surprising. Anyway, I think many of you will find this interesting.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
That was a great read. Alex really did a good job of researching and writing that piece. I think it is going to take a few seasons to get the machine humming but a couple of things are quite obvious: Florida is going to be in a much better place really soon because of Napier's vision and muLLLLLLLen is a lazy pos.

AMEN

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Good article. Horrible title. I mean, isn't that what all coaches are looking to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.