ESPN rankings

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Just read the rankings. They're retarded.

Should be:

1. Bama - Elite - New QB? How's he going to be? Could lose anywhere from 0-3 games.
2. SC - Replaces QB and Clowney. But a deep, talented team which has Spurrier calling plays.
3. Florida - Semi veteran team - No injuries and change of offense. Top flight defense. Young but talented secondary. Could be best or 10th best based off talent.
4. Auburn - Reminded me of 2012 Gators. Lucked out in a lot of games. Defensively average at best.
5. LSU - Really, really young but talented team. Who's going to throw the ball? Can they close out games?
6. Georgia - An absolute abortion defensively.
7. Texas A&M - Sumlin's offenses don't drop off. They've been stockpiling offensive AND defensive talent the last couple years. They will be top 4 next year in the SEC.
8. Ole Miss - Hugh Freeze has brought in some elite talent. Just no elite depth. They could be 8th in the SEC or 12th. Solid defense. Average to below avg offense.
9-14 Who gives a sh*t.
Way to go out on that limb, but not really...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:

Should be:

1. Bama - Elite - New QB? How's he going to be? Could lose anywhere from 0-3 games.
2. SC - Replaces QB and Clowney. But a deep, talented team which has Spurrier calling plays.
3. Florida - Semi veteran team - No injuries and change of offense. Top flight defense. Young but talented secondary. Could be best or 10th best based off talent.
4. Auburn - Reminded me of 2012 Gators. Lucked out in a lot of games. Defensively average at best.
5. LSU - Really, really young but talented team. Who's going to throw the ball? Can they close out games?
7. Texas A&M - Sumlin's offenses don't drop off. They've been stockpiling offensive AND defensive talent the last couple years. They will be top 4 next year in the SEC.
8. Ole Miss - Hugh Freeze has brought in some elite talent. Just no elite depth. They could be 8th in the SEC or 12th. Solid defense. Average to below avg offense.
9-14 Who gives a sh*t.
:sadnanner:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why do you people keep bringing up "new QB" as if that is some advantage to us. Every new QB we've seen in the last two years has been better than our old one.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Famous last words: We'll be alright!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n27949 said:
The last time we played Missouri they curb stomped our asses. You can't possibly say it's fair we are ranked above them the way our season ended. Like Noah brindice said on the radio a hundred times "just because you play for Florida doesn't mean you're good" . I think we can beat them but by no means do we deserve to be ranked a head of them. :peabody:

Yeah, cause last year's results mean a whole lot this year. :rolleyes:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n28210 said:
Yeah, cause last year's results mean a whole lot this year. :rolleyes:
What else do we have to get a sample of what we'll see this year?

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah because we ARE the same team we were last year right? :rolleyes: Maybe watch the few video's we've gotten from practices will give a better picture.Or you can just look at the changes in the staff, system and players, both those back from injury and new additions, many of whom are looking like they'll be contributors from the start.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous said:
Let's just start by actually winning a game. It's been a long time.
You have an imposter under your alias who started a "Tennessee: the game that will decide..." thread. BAN him/her now!

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:

Should be:

9-14 Who gives a sh*t.
Auburn will return a lot and have had a couple of good recruiting classes. They return their starter and backup at QB, along with a couple of starters on the line (one just was lost for the year).
LSU - I agree. They are going to be young. When you have inexperience at QB and a freshman at RB, you better have a great D. They don't.
Bama - overrated once again. Their QB was the backup to the heisman winner so that makes him a superstar???? Didn't work for Doug Johnson. Didn't work for John Brantley. They lose3 starters on the O-line and they expect a freshman to contain Dante Flower Jr (yes I know).

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Homer J;n27774 said:
They have us at #9 in the conference - one ahead of Texas A&M. If this isn't the motivation that we need, I don't know what is.

Mizzou lost a ton of starters and yet, they're ahead of us.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/tag/_/name/2014-power-rankings-preseason

The last time we played Missouri they curb stomped our asses. You can't possibly say it's fair we are ranked above them the way our season ended. Like Noah brindice said on the radio a hundred times "just because you play for Florida doesn't mean you're good" . I think we can beat them but by no means do we deserve to be ranked a head of them. :peabody:
We were behind by 6 going into the 4th qtr - with no offense. Curb stomp? I don't think so.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But we aren't the same team as last year. This year we're healthy! :pumper:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
88drgator said:
We're # 1...We're # 1...We're # 1...

Pumpers will pump :facepalm:
Is there a more garbage staff than that one? Zach being the exception...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
88drgator;n28217 said:
We're # 1...We're # 1...We're # 1...

Pumpers will pump :facepalm:

Your avatar is hilarious.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n28212 said:

Here is a sample:

"Straight to FG kicking Hardin wide right on first attempt."

"Kelvin Taylor in the pit right now tossing a medicine ball, BTW."

"Looks like Bullard pulling a sled in the pit too."

"Chris Thompson with a drop on 12-yard dig on air."

"Now 2 DL vs. 3 OL. Fowler blows by Moore inside cut."

"Maye breaks up great throw down right sideline to Fulwood at last second. Fulwood had it in his hands for maybe a second before it came out. He has to catch that."

"Ivie with a sack on Mornhinweg."

"Sherit with sack after beating Sharpe, Grier the QB."

"Willis beats Sharpe off the edge. Harris' throw too low on the play. His accuracy hasn't been great in camp."

"Willis sacks Grier after beating Mike"

"Goolsby gets head around late on short out from Driskel, can't make catch on low throw."

"Robinson with a drop on a simple out, Muschamp laying into Keanu Neal"

"Driskel uncorks one after Fulwood burns Tabor, but overthrows it. Tabor has been rough so far this fall, to me."

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
t-gator;n28212 said:

Here is a sample:

"Maye breaks up great throw down right sideline to Fulwood at last second. Fulwood had it in his hands for maybe a second before it came out. He has to catch that."

"Willis beats Sharpe off the edge. Harris' throw too low on the play. His accuracy hasn't been great in camp."

"Goolsby gets head around late on short out from Driskel, can't make catch on low throw."

"Driskel uncorks one after Fulwood burns Tabor, but overthrows it. Tabor has been rough so far this fall, to me."
Sounds like not much has changed

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
t-gator;n28212 said:

Here is a sample:

lol - Well I did selectively pull some things so maybe it isn't quite that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb