ESPN Tournament Challenge

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
W4m7DbS.gif

Though I do feel a little joy in knowing it was at because the :nole:s and buttchuggers lost.
Edit - and Meatchicken! :lol:

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well @backstop13 vaulted into the lead last night with a perfect 4/4 performance. @-THE DUDE- found out just how fast life can come at you with a 1/4 day, knocking him off the top spot. He’s still in good shape as long as UNC keeps winning. As far as I’m concerned, I need Auburn and Houston to pull off the upsets today or I’m in major trouble. :fear:

It’s also time to bid a fond farewell to @SamIamGator92, @stephenPE, and @GatorBart, who all lost their NC picks last night. :bananawave:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty much gonzo after yesterday. In my work bracket the guy who took the chalk is in 2nd place. I told Mrs Rex to take the chalk at her work and I think she's also doing well.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
15 of 16 teams I had correct and I may end up with 1 in the elite 8...what a collapse

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
HOUSTON WAS SO CLOSE!!! :gah::gah::gah:

So after the Sweet 16, we have a couple more unlucky posters being shown the door in this pool. @-THE DUDE- had the ultimate "life comes at you fast" turn of fortune and is eliminated, as is @Gatordiddy with UNC's smashing defeat at the hands of Auburn. As far as others who are mathematically eliminated from winning, @GatorJ can finish strong, but can't make up enough ground to win, and the same goes for @gardnerwebbgator. @Swamp Queen is still my favorite poster, but her funeral procession has started with the faint sound of Taps playing off in the distance. @T REX is down to only Duke in his Final Four, meaning he's officially toast. @LeeForThree's brother (Zion Madness 4) is in a tie for 5th, but can't make up enough points to jump the leaders.

The top of the leaderboard is still very crowded, with @BNAG8R, @backstop13, and myself tied for first place. @Phineus Maximus and @RiverRat are a little bit down the board, but both very much still alive with their entire Final Fours intact. @ProcrastiGATOR is guaranteed victory if UVA wins the championship and he gets any of his other Final Four picks correct, and @no1g8r needs a perfect finish to win. The guy at the bottom of the standings is an old friend of mine, and since he has a pretty unique Final Four and UVA winning it all, I think he can still miraculously win it if he gets it all right the rest of the way.

And that's about it. To those of you still left standing, good luck!

To those of you eliminated............

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well after Gonzaga bowed out to Texas Tech, @Phineus Maximus, @no1g8r, and @RiverRat were eliminated mathematically from winning. @Mr2Bits is also finished since his final matchup matches a couple people above him in the standings.

There are far too many scenarios for me to work through, but as far as I can tell, the number of people who can still win is 5, including the guy who is currently in 19th place out of 21. If MSU and UK win tomorrow, and UVA wins the title, he will take the whole thing down. If Auburn wins tomorrow, then Duke beats UVA in the championship, I will win. If Auburn wins tomorrow, then makes the championship game, @BNAG8R wins. If Duke or Auburn win tomorrow, then UVA wins the championship, @ProcrastiGATOR wins. If UK wins tomorrow and makes the championship game, @backstop13 wins. If UK wins tomorrow, then Duke beats UVA for the title, it will come down to a tiebreaker between backstop and myself. :fear:

Those are the most basic scenarios. Don't ask me to try to figure out anything else more complicated. :lol:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So basically, Auburn wins twice, it doesn’t matter what else happens?

Go big fat sweaty Pearl!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So basically, Auburn wins twice, it doesn’t matter what else happens?

Go big fat sweaty Pearl!
That is correct. Nobody has Michigan St. or Texas Tech winning from the other side so that would clinch it for you.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
More importantly, am I still looking good for last?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It’s between you and @stephenPE today. If either Auburn or Duke win, you clinch last place no matter what. If UK and MSU both win, you will climb out of the cellar and I get to send a check back to Corch. :lol:

Coach clearly need to get his “winnings” with a blend of nickels and pennies.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If MSU wasn't in Dukes bracket I would've had them going to the FF if not the title game. I have them winning in some random bracket that means nothing. Oh well.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well Izzo's boys had to go and throw a wrench in the works! So here are the scenarios:

If Auburn beats UVA: @BNAG8R will win and @RiverRat will finish 2nd.

If UVA and Texas Tech meet in the final and Texas Tech wins: I will win and @no1g8r will finish 2nd.

If UVA and Texas Tech meet in the final and UVA wins: @ProcrastiGATOR will win and I will finish 2nd.

If UVA and MSU meet in the final and MSU wins: ModysseusM (my old friend) will win and I will finish 2nd.

If UVA and MSU meet in the final and UVA wins: ModysseusM will win and @ProcrastiGATOR will finish 2nd.

As for the ultimate pillow fight for last place, @jaywalker72 was resurrected from the dead when MSU won, so now he and @gardnerwebbgator are tied for last. Whichever of you is further away from the final score of the championship game will be the official loser and get their $10 back out of sheer pity.

So that's it! Go Hoos and go Red Raiders!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well Izzo's boys had to go and throw a wrench in the works! So here are the scenarios:

If Auburn beats UVA: @BNAG8R will win and @RiverRat will finish 2nd.

If UVA and Texas Tech meet in the final and Texas Tech wins: I will win and @no1g8r will finish 2nd.

If UVA and Texas Tech meet in the final and UVA wins: @ProcrastiGATOR will win and I will finish 2nd.

If UVA and MSU meet in the final and MSU wins: ModysseusM (my old friend) will win and I will finish 2nd.

If UVA and MSU meet in the final and UVA wins: ModysseusM will win and @ProcrastiGATOR will finish 2nd.

As for the ultimate pillow fight for last place, @jaywalker72 was resurrected from the dead when MSU won, so now he and @gardnerwebbgator are tied for last. Whichever of you is further away from the final score of the championship game will be the official loser and get their $10 back out of sheer pity.

So that's it! Go Hoos and go Red Raiders!

I hear that Ox is rooting for UVA.
:snicker:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.